• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lundqvist Extension Talks Expected at HHOF/GM Meetings

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie:
With NYR GM Glen Sather in TOR for HHOF/GMs meeting, expectation is there'll be Henrik Lundqvist contract talks with agent Don Meehan.

GOOD, get it done.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get Henrik locked up soon

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hank should take a discount for the Rangers. Could you imagine him playing anywhere in the NHL besides Times Square? I certainly can't.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping a few years ago that the Flyers made a play for him,rather than offering Weber all that dough.

Weber would've been a good fit in Philly tho. I think most of the Flyers' problems would've been solved with Shea Weber at the blue line.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hank should take a discount for the Rangers. Could you imagine him playing anywhere in the NHL besides Times Square? I certainly can't.

I think he will, if he is committed to winning here, which I think he is, then he will.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't expect a big pay day and win the Cup anymore.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lundy is a better then avg. in this league at best! brodeur at 112 put on a show! i have seen too many softies given up by king aka: MR SOFTY

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I really can't stand this fanbase at all, one not so good start and they're ready to throw in the towel on a guy they have been cheering for for 8+ years LOL give me a fucking break. If you're seriously ready to give Talbot the starting job you need to go root for another hockey team(not saying you Pasta, just in general)

I was at the game last night and almost beat the shit out of a fan for calling for Hanks head after the game and talking about trading him and how shitty he is. Everybody forgets the last few years how he CARRIED this fucking team, without him we are NOTHING. But with this idiotic fan base it's all about what have you done for me lately. But everybody was on his dick when he won the Vezina two years ago and should have won last year.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I really can't stand this fanbase at all, one not so good start and they're ready to throw in the towel on a guy they have been cheering for for 8+ years LOL give me a fucking break. If you're seriously ready to give Talbot the starting job you need to go root for another hockey team(not saying you Pasta, just in general)

I was at the game last night and almost beat the shit out of a fan for calling for Hanks head after the game and talking about trading him and how shitty he is. Everybody forgets the last few years how he CARRIED this fucking team, without him we are NOTHING. But with this idiotic fan base it's all about what have you done for me lately. But everybody was on his dick when he won the Vezina two years ago and should have won last year.

hey JD, its OK if this is directed at me, i know i let my emotions get the better of me at times, i also know i am very critical. BUT, i will say this, from the very beginning i was never sold on hank 100% for a lot of reasons, and still feel the same today, he loses concentration , his track record in PS is not that great, i never liked when he showed up his teammates when he felt he was shielded, his puck handling is atrocious, his black tie affairs in NYC, i don't think his head is 100% in game!

and yes, i also know that i see him more then other top goalies in league which i'm sure they have issues as well...

and, that what have you done for me lately thing? blame that on george steinbrenner, he started that crap here in NY, lol

i think hank is a very good netminder who has played great at times, but loses concentration in parts of games he shouldn't.. and in big games too

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey JD, its OK if this is directed at me, i know i let my emotions get the better of me at times, i also know i am very critical. BUT, i will say this, from the very beginning i was never sold on hank 100% for a lot of reasons, and still feel the same today, he loses concentration , his track record in PS is not that great, i never liked when he showed up his teammates when he felt he was shielded, his puck handling is atrocious, his black tie affairs in NYC, i don't think his head is 100% in game!

and yes, i also know that i see him more then other top goalies in league which i'm sure they have issues as well...

and, that what have you done for me lately thing? blame that on george steinbrenner, he started that crap here in NY, lol

i think hank is a very good netminder who has played great at times, but loses concentration in parts of games he shouldn't.. and in big games too

But do we forget when the only reason we were making the playoffs was because of him and him carrying this team? His record of 30+ wins in consecutive seasons means something. Without him this team is NOTHING. We would be nowhere near a playoff team or even a Stanley Cup contender like we were 2 years ago, without him.

We have seen this before, this reminds me of when Chad Johnson came up and played well at the start and the Henrik trade talks between fans came up again and eventually it came to an end, same will happen with Talbot.

And, no buddy, wasn't taking a shot at you, trust me. We're one of 3 fans on this board that actively post here, I wouldn't pick fights with any of you you guys here :)

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do we forget when the only reason we were making the playoffs was because of him and him carrying this team? His record of 30+ wins in consecutive seasons means something. Without him this team is NOTHING. We would be nowhere near a playoff team or even a Stanley Cup contender like we were 2 years ago, without him.

We have seen this before, this reminds me of when Chad Johnson came up and played well at the start and the Henrik trade talks between fans came up again and eventually it came to an end, same will happen with Talbot.

And, no buddy, wasn't taking a shot at you, trust me. We're one of 3 fans on this board that actively post here, I wouldn't pick fights with any of you you guys here :)

Hank got us there to the postseason along with the rest of the team and he lost in the postseason just like the rest of the team. Anybody is entitled to their opinion on Hank but there is a reality check here and its goaltending. Talbot is not going anywhere they way he is playing, all careers come to an end and Talbot is the future so get ready because he will be getting more minutes especially if he is winning:yahoo:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only reason? no props to the efforts of guys giving up the body blocking shots? we lead the league no? some of those shots had they gotten through may have gotten by hank? is that possible?

honestly, i don't see how any goalie could be that good without decent play infront of him, the game today is just too quick! and i just don't find lundy a cat- like stud like the elite goalies of past.

never thought you attacked me personally my friend, its all good!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Torts team that were blocking shots, talking about the teams that were backing into the playoffs as a 7th/8th and the only reason being Hank keeping us in games. This team was never a high scoring offense, Hank was always keeping us in 2-1 or 1-0 games. How it could even be argued that Hank isn't the backbone of this team is crazy.

Talbot will have a real test Saturday in Montreal, a place we haven't won in since 2009.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe hank is the backbone of this team!, i just don't see him as other rangers fans see him.

There is a reason why in 8 years with hank we haven't won a ring, and i don't have a definitive answer as to why.

* another thing, you brought up something that touched a nerve, lundy can't perform in montreal? torts wouldn't play him there and now AV isn't either? thats not right bro, u have to b able to perform in a hostile envirionment. thoughts?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe hank is the backbone of this team!, i just don't see him as other rangers fans see him.

There is a reason why in 8 years with hank we haven't won a ring, and i don't have a definitive answer as to why.

* another thing, you brought up something that touched a nerve, lundy can't perform in montreal? torts wouldn't play him there and now AV isn't either? thats not right bro, u have to b able to perform in a hostile envirionment. thoughts?

Hank has played in Montreal, believe he was the last goalie in net that did beat them there. It's not just Hank who sucks in Montreal, the whole team does lol It's all the time.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank has played in Montreal, believe he was the last goalie in net that did beat them there. It's not just Hank who sucks in Montreal, the whole team does lol It's all the time.

I think the Montreal start is the real test for the team and Talbot as well, Talbot needs a start like this and he creates energy towards the offense. If he wins against Montreal its going to put pressure on AV to regularly platoon the 2 goalies because Talbot is getting wins consistantly and AV has to go with the opportunity to win games and move up in the standings

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Montreal start is the real test for the team and Talbot as well, Talbot needs a start like this and he creates energy towards the offense. If he wins against Montreal its going to put pressure on AV to regularly platoon the 2 goalies because Talbot is getting wins consistantly and AV has to go with the opportunity to win games and move up in the standings

We'll see, it's been hell going up to the Bell Centre the last 4 years. I hope not, then this will become the Schneider/Luongo debate and one will want out and things will spiral out of control, best we avoid that.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see, it's been hell going up to the Bell Centre the last 4 years. I hope not, then this will become the Schneider/Luongo debate and one will want out and things will spiral out of control, best we avoid that.

so you are saying we should lose if talbot starts just to keep the tandem nice and cozy?