• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Luka Doncic is already a Top 5 NBA player, right?

Luka Top 5?

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative..
I also play a game to decide who the best player is. Many think Kawhi is the best player in the NBA.so if this series started over and Kawhi and Luka switched teams, do you really think the Mavs win?

Yeah, that is an interesting question.

In this case, I think both teams might get worse though.

Luka is a much better playmaker, Kawhi the better defender. Each team is built around the strengths of those guys.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative..
I also play a game to decide who the best player is. Many think Kawhi is the best player in the NBA.so if this series started over and Kawhi and Luka switched teams, do you really think the Mavs win?

I would say that if both teams had those guys all year that Dallas with Kahwi would have a much better chance of winning than Dallas with Luka now has.

I think 2 games is nice, but ... a lot of mediocre teams have taken 2 games from a lot of great teams over the years, so it doesn't mean you're close to winning the series.

Like I said, if he can somehow pull off the series win ... monumental.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that if both teams had those guys all year that Dallas with Kahwi would have a much better chance of winning than Dallas with Luka now has.

I think 2 games is nice, but ... a lot of mediocre teams have taken 2 games from a lot of great teams over the years, so it doesn't mean you're close to winning the series.

Like I said, if he can somehow pull off the series win ... monumental.
See I disagree. Even taking it over the course of the season, do it one other way.. Take BOTH guys off their current teams..the Clippers, with PG, Beverly, Lou Williams, Harrell...still a playoff team. The Mavs with Zinger(on the rare occasions he is healthy), Hardaway, Curry and Burke... That is the worst team in the NBA

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 7-8

If they win tonight I'll go 6-7. If they win game six I'll say he's 6th.

Too bad Ja doesn't get to impress anyone again this year. And doesn't take 8-9 threes a game. He's just as good of a shooter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I disagree. Even taking it over the course of the season, do it one other way.. Take BOTH guys off their current teams..the Clippers, with PG, Beverly, Lou Williams, Harrell...still a playoff team. The Mavs with Zinger(on the rare occasions he is healthy), Hardaway, Curry and Burke... That is the worst team in the NBA

If you replace both I'm not sure what happens but I know if you just take each player off his current team...LA is a hell of a lot better, without a doubt.

I will say, Doncic's supporting cast is playing better than I imagined. Guys are stepping up and knocking down shots...Hardaway and Burke especially. Seth has formed into not only a top five 3 point shooter in the league but a much improved scorer, he has a clear role. That's why they are were a sneaky dangerous team coming into the playoffs imo...especially if Porzingis is healthy and on the floor. But as of right now they are facing a major disadvantage not having him.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Clippers had 9 less losses and it could have been like 12 if they played a full season.

That's a big difference. Plus Kawhi doesn't really play for the regular season.

I think Kahwi is ahead of Luka, but he's been around.

But he's already ahead of guys like Westbrook and that doesn't count for nothing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close.

Cleveland and Detroit are pure garbage.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you replace both I'm not sure what happens but I know if you just take each player off his current team...LA is a hell of a lot better, without a doubt.

I will say, Doncic's supporting cast is playing better than I imagined. Guys are stepping up and knocking down shots...Hardaway and Burke especially. Seth has formed into not only a top five 3 point shooter in the league but a much improved scorer, he has a clear role. That's why they are were a sneaky dangerous team coming into the playoffs imo...especially if Porzingis is healthy and on the floor. But as of right now they are facing a major disadvantage not having him.

A huge reason why the Mavs support players are performing is because Luka drops absolute dimes on them out of nowhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a Homer for Luka, but I think that guys like Seth and Hardaway and Burke suddenly looking great...that's something that happened when role players played with MJ, Magic and LBJ as well...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys, after seeing some of the proposed Wiggins and a pick deal proposals for Embiid...What about Zinger, Seth and a 1st...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to say, I don't really recall how good Lebron was at 21. Gun to my head, I believe Lebron was better defensively at that age, but mostly because of his sheer athleticism. There's a sharp difference in both of those players becoming good defenders. Lebron had all the physical tools to become an elite defender, it was more about effort. Luka doesn't have quite the athleticsm defensively, but will have to learn about attack angles on defense. It'll be more of a mental game with him than physical to become a good defender.

At age 21 LeBron averaged 31.4 / 7.0 / 6.6 ('05-'06 season & 3rd year in the league). And got bounced in the EC semi's. Best players (other than LeBron) on that team- Larry Hughes (15.5 / 4.5 / 3.6) and Zydrunas Ilgauskas (15.6 / 7.6 / 1.2 / 1.7 blks).

Luka this year- 28.8 / 8.1 / 9.4. Next best players the Mavs have. Porzingis (20.4 / 9.5 / 1.8 / 2.0 blks). Hardaway (15.8 / 3.3 / 1.9).

Luka had an advantage that LeBron never had. Playing professionally as a teenager. And playing against that kinda competition was a much better way to get NBA ready than playing four years in high school.

I've been watching LeBron's career since he was in HS. And I've liked watching all the NBA greats over the decades (since the early 80's). I look forward to watching Luka stuff the stat sheet for many years.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm familiar with those guys because Hardaway and Porzingis were the core of the Knicks for a while. I probably trash em a little more than I should as basketball players just because they were Knicks.

Luka is definitely worth a shitload of wins, no question, and you can't say that about many NBA players, but I still think Kawhi is better.

He carried a team that was pretty good but had absolutely no shot in hell to win a title ... to a title.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you guys, after seeing some of the proposed Wiggins and a pick deal proposals for Embiid...What about Zinger, Seth and a 1st...
For Wiggins and two firsts, done!

:D

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At age 21 LeBron averaged 31.4 / 7.0 / 6.6 ('05-'06 season & 3rd year in the league). And got bounced in the EC semi's. Best players (other than LeBron) on that team- Larry Hughes (15.5 / 4.5 / 3.6) and Zydrunas Ilgauskas (15.6 / 7.6 / 1.2 / 1.7 blks).

Luka this year- 28.8 / 8.1 / 9.4. Next best players the Mavs have. Porzingis (20.4 / 9.5 / 1.8 / 2.0 blks). Hardaway (15.8 / 3.3 / 1.9).

Luka had an advantage that LeBron never had. Playing professionally as a teenager. And playing against that kinda competition was a much better way to get NBA ready than playing four years in high school.

I've been watching LeBron's career since he was in HS. And I've liked watching all the NBA greats over the decades (since the early 80's). I look forward to watching Luka stuff the stat sheet for many years.
I don't think Luka can ever be the player that LBJ was in his prime, which is no worse than the 3rd best player of all time and arguably the best. But I think Luka could end up being one of the 10-15 best players ever. Good enough for me

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Luka can ever be the player that LBJ was in his prime, which is no worse than the 3rd best player of all time and arguably the best. But I think Luka could end up being one of the 10-15 best players ever. Good enough for me

Oh he's on a clear path to greatness. His skill set is jaw dropping. He's already this good and nowhere near his prime. Scary for the rest of the league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid would be a pretty significant upgrade for the Mavs. Seth is a very nice fit next to Doncic...yes, you find shooters but he's one of the best right now and imo on a GREAT deal. I think that is a pretty fair offer for Embiid and Porzingis seems to be pretty injury prone. Would probably wait and give Zinger one more year...he's only 25

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think the Mavs offer for Embiid would be better than the Dubs offer. And I wouldn't give Seth for Wiggins lol

Embiid to Boston for Kanter, Theis and whatever else sounds like the best trade posibility to me.