• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck is the product of design

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason's Mailbag: The commitment to special teams, formations and more 

For those of you who believe the Broncos 5-0 record is a drama series called "The Perils of Pauline." Where the Broncos are miraculously saved in the end from being run over by a train - and escape with their lives.
Consider if you will - Special Teams.

We are all agreed that the Defense has greatly improved and become an offensive weapon for the team by cultivating ball hawking skills. Mason's answer to the special teams question here is very interesting. Mason quotes the coaches as saying from day 1 the best special team players will be out on the field no matter what their starter status was at any given time. That's a commitment to Special Teams. So I think with McManus and the blocked kicks - the lack of give-aways in the return game - the down field coverage -we can all agree that Special Teams are also improved.

So 2/3 of our Denver Broncos are greatly improved over last year - as the Offense under performs - another thing we can all agree upon. However - the offense has produced in some crucial situations - during games. We all know - the Broncos can go full shot gun and Manning performs at a higher level of proficiency. The fact the Bronco don't go full shot gun when it is still a bread and butter is that they are still putting together - other capabilities - and experimenting with Oline guys to find the right combination.

It is not for lack of planning that the Broncos are in this state, but don't under estimate the importance of the improvement in 2/3 of the phases of the game on the record and don't miss the obvious - the offense has the capacity to improve -and even has an escape hatch - in being able to go the shot gun formation.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree with you more. The defense and special teams are way better and the offense is most effective when they go to the shotgun. It's good for them to keep trying the other things because they can't fully rely on the shotgun formation all the way. They need the balance the running game allows and they have to keep working that. But until they get it working consistently it's good to know they can put Manning in the shotgun and get it done. This team is 5-0 for a reason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Bronco fans use the term "worst 5-0 team in history" and all I keep thinking is those people are only seeing one part of the team. I know we have been spoiled with a top-3 offense the last few years and it is hard to change a person's perspective when they see that compared to what they see now with this team but I honestly think I would take this team over any but maybe the 2012 version of this team where we had top-5 offense and defense in both yards and scoring. Even more than our Super Bowl season. Defense keeps you in every game even when the offense is struggling and with our special teams performing like they are it makes it that much easier to see why we are winning. I honestly love what this team has become.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Bronco fans use the term "worst 5-0 team in history" and all I keep thinking is those people are only seeing one part of the team. I know we have been spoiled with a top-3 offense the last few years and it is hard to change a person's perspective when they see that compared to what they see now with this team but I honestly think I would take this team over any but maybe the 2012 version of this team where we had top-5 offense and defense in both yards and scoring. Even more than our Super Bowl season. Defense keeps you in every game even when the offense is struggling and with our special teams performing like they are it makes it that much easier to see why we are winning. I honestly love what this team has become.
Those must be band wagon fans. Love what I see and the potential is the best ever if they get that running game going.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know - the Broncos can go full shot gun and Manning performs at a higher level of proficiency.

How do we know this ?

We went full shot gun in the playoff game last year and where did it get us ? ... We wet full shot gun in the SB and scored one meaningless TD

I believe that our defense is the real deal ... But we had a very good defense during the first half of the season with McDaniels and Mike Nolan, until McD tried to tweak it himself .....

Nobody knows what Manning has left in the tank - it certainly hasn't been pretty so far - and truth be told, I had zero confidence in him in big games - esp in cold weather - when he first arrived here .....