• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSUoverUSC Review Sheet for Movies in Theaters

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought True Grit was overrated as well.

Good, but not the "OMG you have to see this movie!" trip everyone seems to be on now.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought True Grit was overrated as well.

Good, but not the "OMG you have to see this movie!" trip everyone seems to be on now.

images

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jeff Bridges is becoming one of my favorite actors. He is really good in almost every movie.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Lebowski will always be his best performance though.

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's phenomenal in one of the most underrated movies of all time, White Squall.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's phenomenal in one of the most underrated movies of all time, White Squall.

you know what never seen the movie --but I read a little about it
the setting is 1960's he takes some teen boys to teach them life lessons at sea movie made in 1996 Leonard Maltin gave it three stars

I shall see this flicker :D

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Road Home - Epic is over-used in the internet days, and it's a shame because this movie is an epic movie. It is the story of a group of prisoners sent to the Siberian Gulag who know the only way they can continue life is if they attempt a long shot prison break. The story is what drives this movie. What an epic story of adventure and the love of freedom. I think Weir was so worried that we would get bored that he sacrificed character development for continuous moving. The characters are not nearly as well developed as they should have been. I couldn't even recall two of their names at the end. Nevertheless, you learn to identify with them as they make their way through all kinds of challenges. The movie delves deeply into what it is that drives humans, much better than widely acclaimed 127 Hours. Although the story is likely untrue, the story captures the essence of humanity and its a captivating pictorial tour of an area of the world few of us ever consider. The National Geographic element of the movie is reason enough to watch it. The end of the movie, while a little staged and Notebook-esque, is how I hope my life ends. Years and years of separation brought to naught by a reunion of love. 7/10

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Second viewing of The Speech was not very good. It shouldn't win best picture. I'd probably have to give it to the Social Network.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Squall is a very good movie....

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Rite - the critics who trash this movie completely miss the point of it. They seem to think it's a horror flick, but that shows they are uninformed morons. It's a movie about spiritual journeys, a movement from skepticism to hell to faith. The lead role isn't particularly good, but neither is the guy from Silence of the Lambs. This role is quite similar to his Silence of the Lambs role: conflicted, wise man who plays a villain and a hero. Anthony Hopkins is probably the most overrated actor of his generation. The Rite sometimes looks like a cheaply made film, but it is an interesting movie about faith and what brings faith. Theologically, I think it hovers too much in the realm of paganism. 6/10

The Mechanic - the best thing about this movie is it's filmed in New Orleans. Watching it, I was more attuned to figuring out which building or where in the city they were set. The movie has way too much blood and violence to recommend. The story is interesting enough and Straham or whatever his name plays the role well, but the movie has no message except killing. Hard to recommend a movie like that. It moves fast and is tightly knit, but the lack of a worthwhile theme makes this a bust. 3/10

The Fighter does not hold up very well to a second viewing. Bale's performance is good, but besides the one scene on Amy Adams' porch, nothing spectacular. Playing a goofy guy gets you way too much credit - just see what Dustin Hoffmann's portrayal of a retard in Rain Man did for his career. Actors who play retards, Tom Hanks of F.G. another, get way too much credit.

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sanctum - this is only the second movie I've seen in 3-D. I really hate 3-D. It adds nothing to the movie. In fact, it detracts from the movie because it makes things more difficult to see on the whole and gives me a headache afterward. Anyway, this movie sucks. It's supposed to be about adventure and the complex relationship of a father and son, but it's really a movie about rich spoiled people who have no purpose and euthanasia. This is about the most pro-euthanasia movie made in America yet. Besides that horrible message, the film tries to make swimming through caves for two hours entertaining. The acting is horrendous, the dialogue just as bad, the casting terrible, the story just rancid. There were a few intense scenes, but overall a terrible movie. 1/10

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Biutiful - Spaniards are weird people. Every person from Spain I've ever known was a bit odd and it seems their movie makers are even weirder. Biutiful is a 150 minute movie in English subtitles about the road to Hell being paved with good intentions. The movie focuses on a man who sees himself as a Messiah, a very humble one, who sees the lost and feels like he must save them. Yet every time he tries to help someone, it seems that only misery comes from it. And like all messiahs, he carries the burdens of a corrupt world and will be crucified for his good will. The characters are complex and real; they move the movie progressively forward, but the movie is aimless and the director gets lost in his way trying to be profound. Reading the reviews by professional critics shows how poor film criticism has become. They don't understand this movie at all. 4/10

Last edited by a moderator:

LSUoverUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, kt is a heartless woman who poisons the heart.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, kt is a heartless woman who poisons the heart.

Im a heartless woman who poisons the heart? Thankyou for telling me how you really feel. Im not going to just run out and meet you from just chatting with you on the web.. Im sorry but Im not comfortable with that and explained this to you more then once.. Im sorry if that hurt your feelings.. but calling me names and labeling me as something still wont change my mind about meeting a basic stranger that I have chatted with online.