• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louisville Has No Business Being Ranked Ahead of Baylor; It's Preseason Bullshit

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but to me a poll should be indicative of where a team is now. Performance based not speculation of the future.

:agree:

and i would move teams as many spots as i felt was needed, week to week

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Loisville is where they should be in the polls, by what they have done.

They won 5, FIVE games.

Thats more than 4, FOUR.

Both teams played crap so far. Baylor has done nothing to overtake them as of yet. It seems this year people with votes are starting to realize that running up the scores on crap teams really isn't an accomplishment of anything.

Thats a good thing imo.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - less than 7 hours away from tonight's kick off w/ Rutgers - our biggest test yet.

First - gotta give some love to T Shirt for the awe inspiring post - and to Geneh for his support - which will fade next year when we enter ACC play.

Polls / Rankings...Rankings & Polls ... Unless it's early December & you're teatering in the top 5 - What Freakin Difference does it make in early October ? ? ? ? ?

Baylor / Louisville is like comparing apples to apples really...but IMO Louisville may have a deeper, more balanced Defense. And although I'd like to be playing Clemson tonight...we aint. We're playin Rutgers & that's that.

For Baylor - it'll all play out soon enough. I'd worry about K State right now w/ OU, oSu, T Tech & TCU all on the horizon – or - is this an attempt to get some Baylor love NOW, knowing that this is about as high as they’re gonna be ranked all year ?

Let’s just watch / enjoy / and see what happens & let it all play out.

Stay Strong My Friends

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but to me a poll should be indicative of where a team is now. Performance based not speculation of the future.

It is speculation of the future based on performance.

If you think it's bad, then go ahead and take a look at 24sevens polls from the previous week that everyone through a fit about. When this theory is put into action, for some reason people think it's horrible and throw fits about it. People for some reason didn't like Oregon being #22.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is speculation of the future based on performance.

If you think it's bad, then go ahead and take a look at 24sevens polls from the previous week that everyone through a fit about. When this theory is put into action, for some reason people think it's horrible and throw fits about it. People for some reason didn't like Oregon being #22.

It's still speculation and not what I would use to rank teams. I am only interested in where they are at the present, future results of course will change ranking.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still speculation and not what I would use to rank teams. I am only interested in where they are at the present, future results of course will change ranking.

So lets see your top5 rankings as of now.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take a stab at it....of course it should look like everyone elses...give or take a spot or two.

Bama
Clemson
Georgia
Oregon
Stanford

OU
Ohio State
Florida State
LSU
Louisville

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason speculation isn't suppose to affect regular season polls though.

It has since the beginning of the games being played. You cannot remove that from the equation UNLESS you remove preseason polls altogether. Which I am for by the way.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason speculation isn't suppose to affect regular season polls though.
Who ever said that? Of course it does. It always has and always will. Is that ideal? No. Will it change? No. It is what it is.

There is a whole lot of butthurt here in this post over the patently obvious: Louisville looks better because of last year than Baylor. They've both played weak schedules. Rankings at this point in time are determined by the pres-season perception of the team. Had Baylor played someone and won, they would have jump up more. If Baylor finishes out strong, guess what? They will be ranked higher next year based on what they did this year. Rinse. Repeat.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has been resting starters, though. They've been scoring 70+ per game while running second- and third-string for almost entire second halves.
That cuts both ways. Unless you are telling me that Baylor's 2 and 3 deep are so good that they can beat good teams by 30 or 40 points, then you are telling me their opposition has been even worse that we thought.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for BAYLOR to stumble badly now.

The sheer volume of talking heads, message board folks, and columnists declaring them to be the best team ever assembled is starting to get ridiculous.

Baylor appears to be fairly good.

Baylor beat up on some horribly bad teams.

Let's take a pause before we scream about injustice.

LOUISVILLE is fairly ranked above the Bears.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before - Baylor reminds me of WVu last year after their first 5 games. QB was going to win the Heisman, and everyone was eyes wide open about WVU winning the Big12 in their first year. And, we all know how that turned out.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor's defense? :laugh3:

If anything, Louisville is underrated.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Ohio State

6. Louisville
7. Stanford
8. Oklahoma
9. Georgia
10. Miami

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a guy after the ACC's own heart! LOL

Haha, it would appear that way but there is no agenda here. Just calling it the way I see it.

For the record I detest the Noles, but they are laying the wood on both sides of the ball.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, it would appear that way but there is no agenda here. Just calling it the way I see it.

For the record I detest the Noles, but they are laying the wood on both sides of the ball.

If we get one team at #2 and another team #4 I'll be super happy. That would be a neat trick for the ACC to be able to pull it off. Hopefully you are right.