• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Power 5 Conference Rankings - Week 5

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama won 2015 after the beating
OSU won NC in 2014 after a 12 pt win

Yeah, it was posted on a Badger website. They lied. Although I'm not sure it happens to often where a team beats MSU by 24 points in their own stadium.
Insert Buckeye "we beat ourselves" response.

But yeah it doesn't happen often and Badgers were able to capitalize on our mistakes, both the ones we self inflicted and the ones you caused.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching michigan struggle with Colorado, I have no doubt we will beat them at home, regardless of what our record is. Jim Harbaugh simply is not able to contain an offense like what Urban Meyer runs, and their QB situation isn't even as good as it was last year. While this team won't put another dozen kids in the 2017 draft, it may be the best team Meyer has coached at OSU in terms of cohesion and chemistry.

Won't put a dozen into the 2017 draft, but could see it as a realistic possibility for 2018 given all the sophomore talent. Especially if guys like Lewis, McMillan, Booker etc. stay for another year. Wouldn't surprise me to see every current starter on defense get drafted at some point.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're describing is really similar to what happened in 2013-2014.

In 2013, OSU played an extremely emotional B1G CCG against MSU and blew it in the 4th quarter (kept them out of the NC game). In 2014, they went to East Lansing and smoked MSU, and that 2014 MSU team was worlds better than this year's MSU team.

Granted, the michigan game wasn't for another couple of weeks after they played Sparty, but they still whooped michigan at home.

Where is all the talent on this year's michigan team that wasn't there last year? I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. I've watched each of their games except for Hawaii, and while they've looked good, the only team they've faced with a pulse nearly upset them at home. I need to see a lot more from them before I start taking them seriously, especially against an OSU team that's significantly better on both sides of the ball.

You're not missing anything. They got a LOT of credit for kicking around a Florida team that was banged up and ready for the scrap heap. Michigan looks athletic and well coached, but for sure not on our level yet. I kind of expect Wisconsin to even beat them on Saturday.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put both Washington and Stanford at the same likelihood. Stanford has a much higher overall SoS and could still get in with a loss somewhere where UW has to run the table and probably look good in the bigger games, particularly this week.

From what I've seen so far I doubt either runs the table so I wouldn't have either at a 50% rate myself. I'd give UW maybe a 20% shot and Stanford 35% or so? :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put both Washington and Stanford at the same likelihood. Stanford has a much higher overall SoS and could still get in with a loss somewhere where UW has to run the table and probably look good in the bigger games, particularly this week.

From what I've seen so far I doubt either runs the table so I wouldn't have either at a 50% rate myself. I'd give UW maybe a 20% shot and Stanford 35% or so? :noidea:
UCLA came very close last week. They had a solid game plan taking McCafery's big plays out of the game. While limiting him throughout the game. They couldn't capitalize on a late Stanford fumble and had to puntpoints. Made a costly mistake turning it over on downs which led to a Stanford FG.And looked like their defense ran out of gas on the last Stanford TD drive. The game was a lot closer than it looked. The lastStanford TD was a fumble return off a sack of Rosen.

If Washington can keep McCaffery in check like UCLA did. And play a more productive game on the offensive side than UCLA did. Theres a very high probability Washington wins this game. Are there any updates on Osuwa's status for the game? That was a nasty helmet on helmet hit he took. On a missed targeting call imo

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA came very close last week. They had a solid game plan taking McCafery's big plays out of the game. While limiting him throughout the game. They couldn't capitalize on a late Stanford fumble and had to puntpoints. Made a costly mistake turning it over on downs which led to a Stanford FG.And looked like their defense ran out of gas on the last Stanford TD drive. The game was a lot closer than it looked. The lastStanford TD was a fumble return off a sack of Rosen.

If Washington can keep McCaffery in check like UCLA did. And play a more productive game on the offensive side than UCLA did. Theres a very high probability Washington wins this game. Are there any updates on Osuwa's status for the game? That was a nasty helmet on helmet hit he took. On a missed targeting call imo
He's out. Mandatory under the concussion protocol.

Not sure which team will win this week, but this thread was more about chances at the playoffs and IMO neither has the 50% he likes them for. I do think the winner is in the drivers seat to win the Pac this year, but whoever wins it will have at least one loss and probably two. Neither is stacked enough to run the table and the mid tier teams are all on the rise. Way too many chances to trip up. I see the absolute ceiling for UW at 10-2 in the regular season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's out. Mandatory under the concussion protocol.

Not sure which team will win this week, but this thread was more about chances at the playoffs and IMO neither has the 50% he likes them for. I do think the winner is in the drivers seat to win the Pac this year, but whoever wins it will have at least one loss and probably two. Neither is stacked enough to run the table and the mid tier teams are all on the rise. Way too many chances to trip up. I see the absolute ceiling for UW at 10-2 in the regular season.
I agree its not going to be an easy path for the PAC. With conference play already following last years trend. The B1G being so dominant. The Sec and ACC being pretty much a lock. And Houston controlling their destiny. It would take an unbeaten team from the PAC or BIG XII to make the playoffs . i could be wrong but I don't think its likely. I think the PAC eats itself and gets left out again

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks legit:thumb:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize Oklahoma may not be elite this year, but saying Ohio State has played "no one" just 2 weeks after thumping OU in their house is a bit of a stretch.
I agree great article just a few things I cant agree with. A few percentages could be high or lower. But I definitely cant see the statement that Ohio State has played no one. Oklahoma @ Oklahoma was far from a cupcake

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't put a dozen into the 2017 draft, but could see it as a realistic possibility for 2018 given all the sophomore talent. Especially if guys like Lewis, McMillan, Booker etc. stay for another year. Wouldn't surprise me to see every current starter on defense get drafted at some point.
Yeah you might not be far off. The talent on this current team is scary.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree great article just a few things I cant agree with. A few percentages could be high or lower. But I definitely cant see the statement that Ohio State has played no one. Oklahoma @ Oklahoma was far from a cupcake

Yeah - I definitely missed that one. I didn't watch that game so that is on me. I definitely retract my comments about OSU's schedule.