• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lottery watch 2019 - quest for Zion

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they do the blind drawn between Suns and Cavs yet?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the Cavs' odds in the NBA Draft Lottery, which takes place on May 14:

First Pick – 14 percent

Second Pick – 13.4 percent

Third Pick – 12.7 percent

Fourth Pick – 11.9 percent

Fifth Pick – 27.8 percent

Sixth Pick – 20.1 percent

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pre-lottery draft order (ties broken)

1. New York Knicks
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Phoenix Suns
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Washington Wizards
7. New Orleans Pelicans
8. Memphis Grizzlies (top 8 protected or to Celtics)
9. Dallas Mavericks (top 5 protected or to Hawks)
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. Los Angeles Lakers
12. Charlotte Hornets
13. Miami Heat
14. Sacramento Kings (to Celtics to Sixers if #1)
15. Detroit Pistons
16. Orlando Magic
17. Brooklyn Nets
18. Indiana Pacers
19. San Antonio Spurs
20. Boston Celtics (from Clippers)
21. Oklahoma City Thunder
22. Boston Celtics
23. Utah Jazz
24. Philadelphia Sixers
25. Portland Trailblazers
26. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Rockets)
27. Brooklyn Nets (from Nuggets)
28. Golden State Warriors
29. San Antonio Spurs (from Raptors)
30. Milwaukee Bucks

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely landing spots for Zion: NY,,LA,Chicago,Dallas . I kind of want to put the Cavs in here,but with lebron gone there is no reason for the NBA to do this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely landing spots for Zion: NY,,LA,Chicago,Dallas . I kind of want to put the Cavs in here,but with lebron gone there is no reason for the NBA to do this.

Good thing it isn't up to the NBA.

You do realize the Lakers have 2.0%. Not sure how that is likely lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing it isn't up to the NBA.

You do realize the Lakers have 2.0%. Not sure how that is likely lol.
thats like pulling a 1 out-er in Poker---def. not unheard of.

I like the Cavs 14% odds a lot better obviously but 2% is still a chance that, while not reasonable, is something that can come up.

I think the Cavs won the Wiggins lotto with like a 3% chance or something....cant quite remember.

I mean- shit on the Lakers, but its all not impossible which is pretty crazy.

Id be salt if somehow the Kings won and the Celtics got the #1 pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats like pulling a 1 out-er in Poker---def. not unheard of.

I like the Cavs 14% odds a lot better obviously but 2% is still a chance that, while not reasonable, is something that can come up.

I think the Cavs won the Wiggins lotto with like a 3% chance or something....cant quite remember.

I mean- shit on the Lakers, but its all not impossible which is pretty crazy.

Id be salt if somehow the Kings won and the Celtics got the #1 pick.

Yeah it is possible, just not likely.

Yeah that would be so shitty if the C's did get the #1.

The Lakers have been getting shit on for months now. Getting this #1 or top 5 might be the only way to get AD. More than likely it would have to be a top 3 considering what they offered the first time to N.O. but you never know. The Lakers are praying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just hoping the Cavs get a top 3. Top 2 would be great bc they get to pick what player they want after Zion and getting Zion would be amazing. I can't tell you how that will help the franchise, recruiting players, just the overall locker room and feel for the future of this franchise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to guess who this "Zion-ish" report is about?

Strengths: He has expanded his game offensively and become almost unguardable during his first season of college ball ... His transition to the college game has been seamless ... What grabs your attention about him is his focus and intensity ... Imposing physical specimen. Huge hands, wide shoulders and an enormous wingspan gives him great ability to dunk the ball with power ... He's very athletic, long, quick & fast. With a 7'1 wingspan & impressive inch vertical he poses nightmare problems in terms of mismatches ... Able to overpower smaller defenders & bigger defenders get "outquicked" and often dunked on ...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strengths: He has expanded his game offensively and become almost unguardable during his first season of college ball ... His transition to the college game has been seamless ... What grabs your attention about him is his focus and intensity ... Imposing physical specimen. Huge hands, wide shoulders and an enormous wingspan gives him great ability to dunk the ball with power ... He's very athletic, long, quick & fast. With a 7'1 wingspan & impressive inch vertical he poses nightmare problems in terms of mismatches ... Able to overpower smaller defenders & bigger defenders get "outquicked" and often dunked on ...
Bennett?

all though- i cant believe the "focus and intensity" part. That guy couldnt focus worth shit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett?

all though- i cant believe the "focus and intensity" part. That guy couldnt focus worth shit.

Yep, which is a bit scary with all the Zion love out there right now. Obviously he seems to have better focus than Bennett did. Zion's profile reads much the same, only with more glowing terms (as he has been the golden child for most of the college season).

Zion Williamson | NBADraft.net

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you compare Bennett's defensive rating in college to Zion's they are virtually the same, actually Zion's is worse. Zion's offensive rating is a lot better.

I still have a feeling Ja can be just as good but probably better than Zion, that's why I wouldn't be disappointed if the Cavs didn't get #1. Would be disappointed if they took R.J. over Ja though. I would be devastated.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, which is a bit scary with all the Zion love out there right now. Obviously he seems to have better focus than Bennett did. Zion's profile reads much the same, only with more glowing terms (as he has been the golden child for most of the college season).

body types/athleticism/height are actually very similar.

Its why i dont totally ridicule people that have Morant as #1....id take Zion #1 no question, but drafting skills over athleticism is generally the smarter thing to do unless the athleticism is just off the charts like Zion's.

Blake Griffin's athleticism was off the charts and its why he went one....

Kyrie is a skill guy that went #1.....

its tough...I mean, Fultz was obviously an athlete guy......its risky taking the athlete with the undeveloped skills but generally they have higher ceilings.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think offensively and rebounding wise, Bennett isn't even close to Zion. Like not close at all imo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think offensively and rebounding wise, Bennett isn't even close to Zion. Like not close at all imo
Waiters and Bennett were such poor picks becuase of their work ethics/attitude.

If I was an NBA GM I would weed out all the guys who are not willing to work and are great guys because just about everyone in the NBA is a great athlete.

You need drive, work ethic and a great attitude to get to the top of that profession and put in the thousand of hours worth of work year after year after year.

Its why Kyrie was a great pick- he has that drive----and why Bennett was terrible- he just didnt care.

No matter how great a guy looks on the court unless you think they will put in the work you just cant take waste your draft capital on them.

I am not sure about Zion. Morant seems to have it. I dont know about Barrett.

I could see that DeAron Fox had it-- and obviously Jayson Tatum had it. Colin Sexton has it.

You gotta find the guys that are gonna be workers ---- it sucks not taking the guy with the best skill set or athleticism but its all for naught if they wont work, and or cant stay healthy.

its why i kinda like Culver and Hunter in this draft- i really think both will work their asses off and have a low probability of being busts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters and Bennett were such poor picks becuase of their work ethics/attitude.

If I was an NBA GM I would weed out all the guys who are not willing to work and are great guys because just about everyone in the NBA is a great athlete.

You need drive, work ethic and a great attitude to get to the top of that profession and put in the thousand of hours worth of work year after year after year.

Its why Kyrie was a great pick- he has that drive----and why Bennett was terrible- he just didnt care.

No matter how great a guy looks on the court unless you think they will put in the work you just cant take waste your draft capital on them.

I am not sure about Zion. Morant seems to have it. I dont know about Barrett.

I could see that DeAron Fox had it-- and obviously Jayson Tatum had it. Colin Sexton has it.

You gotta find the guys that are gonna be workers ---- it sucks not taking the guy with the best skill set or athleticism but its all for naught if they wont work, and or cant stay healthy.

its why i kinda like Culver and Hunter in this draft- i really think both will work their asses off and have a low probability of being busts.

Yeah I am not sure who is the gym rat out of these top 5 guys honestly. I guess for the freshman it is harder to tell. But say a guy like Deandre Hunter, we saw how much he improved from his freshman year to sophomore year. I would have to look harder into their scouting reports where it talks about work ethic bc I have no clue who the "gym rats" are. Ja seems like the guy out of the top though. I mean he improved A LOT from year 1 to year 2. Dramatically.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watched this. Not sure if I agree with some of it or most but he does makes some good points. One point is that RJ can be a ball handler and set up the offense. I don't agree with the Mamba mentality yet, I mean he has the tunnel vision and doesn't seem very clutch. Missed two FT's down the stretch, a bad FT shooter...etc. Interesting watch though.

@WiggyRuss