• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lottery watch 2019 - quest for Zion

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's rigged for sure. All those times the Cavs won the lotto. The Lakers or Knicks likely win the lotto this year. . Knicks obviously would have a better chance if they had lebron on their roster.

No it isn't. Bc the Cavs got some luck, the Magic had luck one year and the Nets did doesn't mean shit man. Keep smoking the pipe

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cavs Would 'Gladly' Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason | Cavaliers Nation

Home / Rumors / Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason

The Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly keeping a close eye on Boston Celtics swingman Gordon Hayward as the summer approaches.

Cleveland.com’s Chris Fedor listed the Celtics as one of the Cavs’ many potential trade partners in a deal which would include disgruntled Cavs shooting guard J.R. Smith:

“The Cavs would gladly take the polarizing Hayward, who was an All-Star in Utah before his horrific leg injury. He would be the main prize, the exception to Cleveland demanding a draft pick or ascending player on a rookie deal. Hayward is healthy now and will have a full off-season to try to regain his old form, possibly giving the Cavs another piece to accelerate their timeline. Put Hayward, 29, alongside Kevin Love, Collin Sexton and the duo added in Round One and suddenly Cleveland has the look of a playoff team.”

However, Fedor notes that Boston would only consider dealing Hayward if he doesn’t fully recover and regain his pre-injury form this summer. Hayward has made strides throughout the course of this season, but is yet to showcase the elite athleticism he possessed before going down with the injury.

Additionally, if Kyrie Irving were to leave and the Celtics were to lose out on the Anthony Davis sweepstakes, Celtics president and general manager Danny Ainge could look to potentially unload Hayward’s hefty contract along with a few other players.

But this hasn’t stopped the Cavs from being active and fielding calls vis-a-vis Smith. Cavs general manager Koby Altman confirmed last Friday that his team has already made and received phone calls for the 33-year-old.

The Celtics are currently in their first-round playoff matchup against the Indiana Pacers, with the Celtics leading the series, two games to none. However, if Boston gets bounced out before the NBA Finals or conference finals, things could get very interesting this summer.

Hayward signed with the Celtics in the summer of 2017, shortly after the Celtics and Cavs made the blockbuster trade that sent Kyrie Irving to the former and Isaiah Thomas to the latter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's rigged for sure. All those times the Cavs won the lotto. The Lakers or Knicks likely win the lotto this year. . Knicks obviously would have a better chance if they had lebron on their roster.

The Knicks are tied for the best odds so nobody would be surprised. The Lakers is possible but like I brought up before very rare for it to happen....very rare. Not very likely at all actually. I don't know why you keep saying, "likely" LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see the Gordon Hayward to Cleveland rumors? Using JR Smith's contract and one of the other expirings?

Celtics would get rid of that salary and get a lot more flexibility.

what would you think?

Morant?, Sexton, Hayward, Love, Osman, Nance? not a bad start..

I saw a rumor the Cavs may have interest in taking on Gordon Hayward's contract from the Celts if the Celts want to get some flexibility going forward--- using the JR Smith contract.

I guess if they did pull a deal for him than their draft could change, unless they get the #1 of course...If they got Hayward:

PG - Sexton
SG - Osman
SF - Hayward
PF - Zion?
C - Love

Or

PG - Morant
SG - Sexton
SF - Hayward
PF - Nance
C - Love

Or

PG - Sexton
SG - Barrett
SF - Hayward
PF - Nance
C - Love

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk about how the lottery is rigged from you, not so much from anyone else...
Probably because anyone who knows how the lottery is run realizes it would be next to impossible to rig. Never mind the idea if it's rigged why did Lebron wind up in Cleveland? why did Portland/OKC get 1 and 2 when it was Oden/Durant? why have the Knicks not won in nearly 35 years.

and, of course, guys like Gilbert and Cuban would go along with this?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because anyone who knows how the lottery is run realizes it would be next to impossible to rig. Never mind the idea if it's rigged why did Lebron wind up in Cleveland? why did Portland/OKC get 1 and 2 when it was Oden/Durant? why have the Knicks not won in nearly 35 years.

The part that looks questionable to.most is the frequency of the Cavs getting #1, especially after losing LeBron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that looks questionable to.most is the frequency of the Cavs getting #1, especially after losing LeBron.

Yeah but it is far from conspiracy. The Bennett draft wasnt a good one overall. I mean if it was rigged more things would have happened than “the Cavs lucked into a couple of drafts”. I think the Cavs and Gilberts’ son are just good luck lol. Like seriously. Hoping for another top pick lol

Other than that I dont see any patterns that link the lottery to being rigged. There just isnt enough evidence, not even close

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but why is the NBA fixing a lottery for the Cavs? Never mind one of those they took Bennett. sure, awful pick, but even if they nailed it they weren't getting much of a player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it is far from conspiracy. The Bennett draft wasnt a good one overall. I mean if it was rigged more things would have happened than “the Cavs lucked into a couple of drafts”. I think the Cavs and Gilberts’ son are just good luck lol. Like seriously. Hoping for another top pick lol

Other than that I dont see any patterns that link the lottery to being rigged. There just isnt enough evidence, not even close
Right.

Lebron and Kyrie to Cleveland?
Durant/Oden to OKC/Portland
Davis to NO?

That's what the NBa would choose?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bulls don’t get a top 3 pick the “tanking” was an absolute disaster. Next yr they are going to be too good to get a high lottery pick and not good enough to be a contender. Nba hell. Right in garpax’s wheelhouse

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bulls don’t get a top 3 pick the “tanking” was an absolute disaster. Next yr they are going to be too good to get a high lottery pick and not good enough to be a contender. Nba hell. Right in garpax’s wheelhouse

I don't know.

Depending on what happens this summer, a few of the teams who finished in the bottom 7 could be significantly better than they were last year and contend for playoff spots:

Knicks, Suns, Mavericks, Hawks and even the Cavs?

How many teams are going to be a lot worse than what they were this year? By a lot worse I mean bottom of the lottery bad?

-NO- depending on what they get for AD
-WAS- if they do the smart thing and trade Beal for young players/picks- don't count on it though
- Memphis- full season of the tank?
- Hornets- if they lose Kemba

Maybe I am missing someone, but I don't see that many. Most teams at the bottom are on the way up, not down.

Of the teams in the bottom 7 currently, Chicago's current core probably has the lowest potential ceiling for next year if the lottery goes as projected and the Bulls fail to land a true difference maker in the draft. There aren't that many teams likely to fall apart next season.

In other words, if Chicago doesn't land that elite rookie in this year's draft, not sure I get your assumption that they will be a lot letter next year. They could easily be bottom 3 or 4 once again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but why is the NBA fixing a lottery for the Cavs? Never mind one of those they took Bennett. sure, awful pick, but even if they nailed it they weren't getting much of a player.

Maybe for the same reason that Stern took calls from Gilbert (and others) to veto the CP3 trade? Maybe Stern and Gilbert had a "thing" on the down-low....

As far as Bennett, that's the Cavs fault. Can't hand them the picks AND make the picks for them...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. You could make a case for Lebron to the Cavs because it's a great story for the league.

But, even if someone doesn't know how the lottery is conducted...just the number of people who would have to be in on it would make it virtually impossible to rig.

If it were rigged, someone would have been disgruntled or looking to make some money by blowing the whistle on this by now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for the same reason that Stern took calls from Gilbert (and others) to veto the CP3 trade? Maybe Stern and Gilbert had a "thing" on the down-low....

As far as Bennett, that's the Cavs fault. Can't hand them the picks AND make the picks for them...
OK, but even if they nailed the picks that wasn't a year winning the lottery was much of a prize (which I mentioned).

Maybe Stern and Gilbert had a thing? OK...I guess. Or maybe the more likely scenario is the Cavs just got lucky.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You could make a case for Lebron to the Cavs because it's a great story for the league.

But, even if someone doesn't know how the lottery is conducted...just the number of people who would have to be in on it would make it virtually impossible to rig.

If it were rigged, someone would have been disgruntled or looking to make some money by blowing the whistle on this by now.
Exactly. It would take an accounting firm to risk their rep, and why would they do that? Never mind all the individuals.

and they rigged it for the Cavs? OKC? Portland? NO?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just not enough there to say the Cavs, of all teams, rigged it and of course Stern. I just don't see it. I don't see it being rigged overall, like others have said, just too difficult and there isn't enough of a pattern to say.

Either way, lets hope the Cavs luck stays put. I am hoping for a top 3 pick.

Honestly, it would be great to get #1 but the more and more I think about it Zion is no sure thing. Great athleticism and talent but he needs to improve his game to be great at the next level, of course most players do.

I mean at this point Morant and yes, even Barrett, would be a great get.

Looks like the Suns, from rumors, have Morant over Zion as #1 on their board.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Stern's last draft got the Cavs #1 (jumping 8 spots), but the four drafts since under Silver have all had the worst team getting the #1 pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Stern's last draft got the Cavs #1 (jumping 8 spots), but the four drafts since under Silver have all had the worst team getting the #1 pick.

Yeah maybe he liked the Cavs, hey it worked out, they got a title lol.

Either way, as of right now, there is no way of rigging it. The Lakers could still get the #1 pick, who knows, but just very unlikely. Kinda would be crazy to see Zion on the Lakers. Then trade their young players for a star to form a trio of Zion-Lebron and another player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the league wanted the Cavs - a team who had won 33 or so games - to win the lottery because you know how much ratings soar when the cavs do well.