• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are idiots.

Yesterday afternoon I went to the grocery store to get eggs and cream cheese. There was a line to get into the store.

So, I walked up to the employee who was at the door letting people know when they can go in and asked what's going on. She says, the store is at capacity so we can't let everyone in.

I get inside the store and found out that was bullshit. I've been in that store when there were far more people in it. But folks were buying all kinds of bottles water, paper towels and toilet paper. They were trying to prevent fights. lol

This store is usually open 24 hours but they had a sign saying that they were closing from Midnight to 5am to stock their shelves.

So, I went back at a little after 5 this morning to get a couple of things that I forgot and there was already a line and the store wasn't open. There was an employee outside telling people that the store wouldn't be opening until 7 and how limited their supplies were on dry goods and water.

I decided fuck this, I'm not waiting 2 hours for powdered sugar and vanilla extract. I was amazed at how many people just stayed in the line.

So...lol

About 10 minutes after the above post, I decided to go to a different store that opens at 6. I get there, there's a line of people waiting to get in and a sign on the door that says they won't open until 8.

So, head to the Super Walmart expecting to find the same thing as at the first 2 stores. Instead, there's no line and people are coming in and out of the store. So, I go in, get to the baking aisle and find out that they are complete out of every kind of sugar, including powdered.

So, I go back to the first store (which is now open). There's still a line, but it's moving okay. So I get in the line, get into the store and finally got my powdered sugar and vanilla. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are indeed stupid and completely flipped. All this behavior over a virus that has been around over 19 years, has made several appearances and killed a few people, has made a new appearance with a new intermediate host, and what do these dumbasses do? Buy gobs of toilet paper thinking what exactly? Corona doesn't cause diarrhea. It is primarily a respiratory virus. What on earth are they buying gobs of toilet paper for? Stupid fucks ought to die just for being so stupid!!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was over in Japan in the late 80's early 90's and a of people would wear those masks when they were sick. I thought it was odd at first, but then it made sense. Now I see so many people here wearing them in the last week from panic. I had SMH

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was over in Japan in the late 80's early 90's and a of people would wear those masks when they were sick. I thought it was odd at first, but then it made sense. Now I see so many people here wearing them in the last week from panic. I had SMH

Funny thing is, I saw an interview with doctor who said that...unless someone is wearing a mask because they are infected or think they might be and don't want to infect others...it not only doesn't do any good, but could actually increase the chances of getting it.

He said that the virus is small enough to get through and around a mask. He also said that if someone touches an infected surface or person and then reaches up and adjusts their mask or takes it off...they can infect themselves.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An update on the new Corona. Researches have characterized the genome machinery of this virus and its associated proteins. Like most viruses, it has all of its needs self-contained and it hijacks the cell's normal activities to get the host cell to produce more virus.

What has not been discovered yet is why this version of Corona adversely affects many people but then does little with others. This stuff takes me back to my days at Penn State studying viruses and cancer. Interesting for us nerd/jocks.

Looks like the Lakers are now requiring all FO personnel to take a 50% paycut. Ouch.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Kobe's final game....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit a 3 to cut it to 96-95....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay safe guys, especially you older guys.....you know who you are.....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the pundits must be having cabin fever as articles are beginning to appear suggesting that Davis will re-sign with the Lakers. Duh!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this season is going to be completed at this juncture. It is looking like that it won't be and we will start over next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this season is going to be completed at this juncture. It is looking like that it won't be and we will start over next year.

Actually, it looks the opposite.

The NBA is said to be exploring several options and they are said to be looking at opening their facilities for players to work out on May 8th.

Apparently, there is a venue in Orlando that is self contained. From what I heard (only caught part of the report), they are looking at having everyone there and, of course, no fans.

They're also said to be looking into starting next season in December. It would seem that the only reason to do that, would be if they were planning on continuing the season and having it end in August.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Pau Gasol wants his last season to be as a Laker. If they can find a power forward position for him, I think he can still contribute to a championship especially with that veteran presence in the locker room.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proposed return of the NBA season in the Orlando facility with all of the restrictions just to re-start the season seems ridiculous. From a physicality perspective, going back to a reduced schedule and a shortened championship schedule seems completely contrived for all the wrong reasons. Leave the season closed with an asterisk and start fresh on the 2020-2021 season makes more sense on a number of levels especially the long-term health of the players who have been sitting for nearly 6 months now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The proposed return of the NBA season in the Orlando facility with all of the restrictions just to re-start the season seems ridiculous. From a physicality perspective, going back to a reduced schedule and a shortened championship schedule seems completely contrived for all the wrong reasons. Leave the season closed with an asterisk and start fresh on the 2020-2021 season makes more sense on a number of levels especially the long-term health of the players who have been sitting for nearly 6 months now.

The NBA suspended it's season on March 11th, today is June 7th. I'm no mathematician, but I don't think that adds up to 6.

The teams and players are already going to lose money this season, having as much of the season as possible will at least curtail some of those losses.

The players are said to be motivated to finish the season, so they clearly want to play.

Baseball looks to be in danger of canceling their season and are getting crushed for it.

There is some thought that the NBA might be best served by having the season start on Christmas Day as a way to maximize viewership because they wouldn't have to compete with football. Since they are looking at starting next season in December, it gives them the opportunity to test that theory.

If none of that seems like a good reason...

The country could use the distraction right about now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that the quintessential whore, Roger Goodell has succumbed to this bullshit-contrived, race-baiting, preplanned demonstrations by Antifa and BLM, football may go south in a hurry especially in light of his decision to fly the BLM flag under the NFL and National Flag at all games this year on top of managing the supposed Covid pandemic.

So, since the heads of the major sports can't get there heads out of there asses primarily due to money issues, except for racing series that have already started their seasons back (except for F-1 which will re-start in July along with the NHRA), all of the major sports should just fold-up this season and re-group for the next season.