• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed win. Kuz is turning the corner and figuring out his role on this team. We really need him as the third scorer.

If Kuz can continue this level of play, or close to it, it could make adding someone before the deadline a little less urgent. I still think they should and will, but it won't be as "mandatory" as it is now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, maybe not. It's an 82 game season. There are bound to be some peaks and valleys, especially now that we're far enough in that guys are starting to get a little banged up.

Obviously, we don't want any more 4 game losing streaks. But this one didn't really hurt much thanks to the strong start.
Disagree, good teams don't usually lose 4 straight games. Lakers needed that win IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you believe it. We are 8 wins from last years win total already in early January!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice consistent win with Detroit as N.Y. comes to town amidst rumors of Kuzma and KCP being trading to Sacramento for Bogdanovic. Also, Howard has played his way to a guaranteed contract. He probably will get what he has earned. Our 30th win is coming soon.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report out today indicates that AD's agent Paul is snubbing a 4-year extension offer by the Lakers of $146 million for a FA choice in July. Apparently AD wants to focus on this year and then test FA in July. Accord to Gary Peyton, if AD walks, the Lakers will have paid way too much for him. Pelinka and the Lakers were betting on AD staying with the Lakers after they win a championship but that is a lot of ifs. If N.Y. lands AD this summer, the Lakers will look like a bunch of buffoons-AGAIN!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it to get max offer. And only Lakers can offer him $200 m. This is expected. No big deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it to get max offer. And only Lakers can offer him $200 m. This is expected. No big deal.

Exactly. Everyone knew this when he was acquired. It makes zero sense financially for him to take an extension. He would have opted out regardless of if he were on the Lakers, Pelicans, or any other team. He makes more money by hitting free agency

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Everyone knew this when he was acquired. It makes zero sense financially for him to take an extension. He would have opted out regardless of if he were on the Lakers, Pelicans, or any other team. He makes more money by hitting free agency

Yep. Cracks me up when folks try to act like this is some "rejection". lol

Like I said on the main board...The Lakers know that AD is going to want the max. AD knows the Lakers are going to offer him the max. Both sides know that the Lakers are going to pay him the max.

This was just the first chance the Lakers had to get him signed. They had to make the offer even though both sides knew it was going to be rejected.

All part of the dance.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Cracks me up when folks try to act like this is some "rejection". lol

Like I said on the main board...The Lakers know that AD is going to want the max. AD knows the Lakers are going to offer him the max. Both sides know that the Lakers are going to pay him the max.

This was just the first chance the Lakers had to get him signed. They had to make the offer even though both sides knew it was going to be rejected.

All part of the dance.
The funny part was how ESPN spun it as breaking news. He rejected the Lakers LOL. It is just like people pleading not guilty first. It is a part of the process.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably the most impressive win of the season tonight. Beat a solid OKC team on the 2nd night of a back to back, on the road, WITHOUT James and Davis.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably the most impressive win of the season tonight. Beat a solid OKC team on the 2nd night of a back to back, on the road, WITHOUT James and Davis.

Agree. I figured I'd watch the game until it started getting ugly, which I figured would happen early and then switch to the NFL game and check in on the Lakers once in awhile.

Ended up watching the Lakers and very little of the NFL game. lol

Danny Green was out too.

Kuzma showed exactly what the Lakers are looking for from him...that he can be that 3rd guy and step into a bigger role when Lebron and/or AD aren't playing.

He just needs to show that he can do it consistently.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. This is such an incredible turn around in one year. We are only 5 games from our win total last year and we are only in January! LOL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about the Lakers should trade Kuzma is plain and utter bullshit. The one guy the Lakers should keep is Kuzma. Vogel is right. Kuzma is starting to hit a rhythm now that he is done being injured. Going after a guy like Bogdanovic because of his supposed threes shooting ability is just another load of fertilizer.

We have been down this road already with guys like Cook, Green, and maybe KCP and Bradley. The Lakers kept KCP and brought Cook, Green, and Bradley in for their purported three-point shooting ability which as gone down as Lakers.

In Bradley's case, he was brought in because we didn't have a true point guard. So, again attempting to find an answer for better shooting starts with just keep playing and practicing the art as Kuzma is now hitting a shooting rhythm and should be retained. Even with all of these rumors, we are playing very good basketball and the team is continues to gel around AD and LeBron.

For cryin' out loud, we have the second best record in the league and own the West with the best record!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about the Lakers should trade Kuzma is plain and utter bullshit. The one guy the Lakers should keep is Kuzma. Vogel is right. Kuzma is starting to hit a rhythm now that he is done being injured. Going after a guy like Bogdanovic because of his supposed threes shooting ability is just another load of fertilizer.

We have been down this road already with guys like Cook, Green, and maybe KCP and Bradley. The Lakers kept KCP and brought Cook, Green, and Bradley in for their purported three-point shooting ability which as gone down as Lakers.

In Bradley's case, he was brought in because we didn't have a true point guard. So, again attempting to find an answer for better shooting starts with just keep playing and practicing the art as Kuzma is now hitting a shooting rhythm and should be retained. Even with all of these rumors, we are playing very good basketball and the team is continues to gel around AD and LeBron.

For cryin' out loud, we have the second best record in the league and own the West with the best record!!

The Lakers need to add a player or 2 in order to truly compete with the Clips. One of the ways to do that is through a trade and Kuz is the asset that would bring the biggest return. Of course there is going to be talk of trading him.

It'll be interesting though, the better he plays, it's less likely the Lakers will want to trade him, but the offers will become more tempting. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt if the Lakers trade Kuzma especially if he continues to be consistent in shooting and defense. It would be fantasy-hunting if the Lakers bit on any of the present rumor/offers out there. It would also be stupid for the long-term.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt if the Lakers trade Kuzma especially if he continues to be consistent in shooting and defense. It would be fantasy-hunting if the Lakers bit on any of the present rumor/offers out there. It would also be stupid for the long-term.

Depends. One of the the trades being explored is Kuz, Quinn Cook and Boogie's contract for Robert Covington.

I think the Lakers would do that. Covington is an elite level wing defender which is something the Lakers need.

Having said that, I don't think they're going to get the chance to trade for him because he's going to be in demand and the Lakers don't have enough assets to win a bidding war.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the Iguodala scenario has all but died, that trade scenario may go down but I think you are right TJF12, the Lakers are running thin on assets these days.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the Iguodala scenario has all but died, that trade scenario may go down but I think you are right TJF12, the Lakers are running thin on assets these days.

If they can get Collison, that will solve a lot of issues.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma for Derrick Rose is gaining some traction. That would be a stupid trade.