• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hockey regular season is a crap shoot. the cream usually always rises to the top come playoff time. teams that have trouble scoring are really exposed when even "offensive" teams shut it down and play 2-1 games.
your starting to see that now.

your also seeing the difference "skilled" players make on this team.

larkin a promising player gets a breakaway and nails it wins the game. zajac last night gets a breakaway and misses the net.

sislo last night coming down the wing on a partial 2on1 late in the 3rd. he rips it way wide....game over!

everyone is having a great season on this team and thats what it took to get them to where they are right now...think stempniak can repeat this next year if brought back? palmeri and henrique will both have career years again? zajac a resurgence? yeah sure its all possible but i'm more realistic. heck even the wheels are falling off camaleri and henrique. camaleri and his injuries popping up and henrique went what? 10 games? without a goal until last night?

i'm glad and im not glad this team is where they are right now. i feel we are a long way from actually competing for the cup but we aren't that far off from a playoff spot. do we really want to just fight for 8th to get bounced in the 1st round?

the regular season separates the good teams from bad teams but the biggest problem for us is that it makes mediocre teams look great.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW

give me a #1 center over a #1 d man ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY day of the week

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we're first round fodder but gimme NHL playoffs where I feel its any team's cup to win... excellent goaltending and strangle like defense can get us far....

we just need that Parise, healthy Kovy, rising Rico, vet like an Elias to upset on the offensive end....

Playoffs could give the young d guys experience as well...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as giving up someone on D not named Severson or Larsson(wow, I can't the day has come when i'm saying this, don't move Larsson? who am I anymore?), we have a good defense system here in the Devils franchise, we seem to find a guy to groom and rely on...

especially with Santini on deck... not worried...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always get into the playoffs if you can. Especially for a team with lots of young players, you need that experience. Cory could use it as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like the wheels could be falling off. Which isn't something to be upset about. Like I said we needed career years from key guys and we got them. Still a long way to go but let's no kid ourselves what this team should be doing in a month at the deadline

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the wheels could be falling off. Which isn't something to be upset about. Like I said we needed career years from key guys and we got them. Still a long way to go but let's no kid ourselves what this team should be doing in a month at the deadline

Could just be a rough couple game stretch. But either way continuing to build for the future is important, and I'm okay if we sell off some guys to accomplish that task. The odds of even getting out of the first round of the playoffs is minimal at best.

But, who knows what can happen? The good thing is, they had a decent first half of the season, enough to where getting hot at the end of the year could still get them in the playoffs. A little midseason slump could be all this is.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too far up to finish with bottom 5 record, right there for playoff contention....

Nothing crazy but some move, whether its minor or a powerplay type move would be nice to make a playoff run.

btw, i'm not necessarily connecting this goal drought to the injuries, it would be there even if healthy unfortunately....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And they respond by beating Minnesota on the road.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love watching this team but my god are they strange. Some nights they come out looking great, they've got speed, great passing, great angles on D. Other nights it's like watching an AHL team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read somewhere (Chere?) about Shero possibly looking to acquire scoring help. I hope it was just speculation. Depends on the situation, but I think stay the course and continue with the rebuild. Some key injuries now, but I don't think this team is a contender where panic should set in. Keep bringing up players like Blandisi. I rather see that then making a trade for a veteran or a rental player.

I think the same article mentioned bringing in Gomez.
I say stay away.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll evaluate the deal based on the details of the deal. If there are prospects Shero thinks have value that he's not personally crazy about or don't fit into the plans he has for the team and if the player we bring in can contribute past this season I could be ok with it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray he won't make any rentals...

in terms of trades, I've been more about LT acquisitions rather than 1 yr guys or fewer...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love watching this team but my god are they strange. Some nights they come out looking great, they've got speed, great passing, great angles on D. Other nights it's like watching an AHL team.
Our AHL team might be more consistent....:dhd:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
only way i would be open for a trade if its for a palmeri type situation. someone that is young fast has the upside and is still a RFA or has years left on his deal. other then that no thanks! finish 8th or 10th no different to me. just sucks because we have a worse draft spot.

hopefully a key player hits UFA this summer

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. I am fine with Palmieri type players, or acquiring draft picks.

UFA should be much better compared to last summer. Top of the list will be Stamkos unless TB figures out a way to sign him. While the league is fighting for Stamkos, it will be interesting to see what Shero does. Everybody overpays during FA. Does he go after somebody like David Backes (Center)? Will be 32 in July however. He won't be cheap.
Players like Lucic, will be 28 will demand max year contracts.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know lucic sucks skating and isn't that skilled but man he would be nice come playoff time to have on your team. put him on a 3rd line if you can get him for 3rd line money! yes hes a guy i would want!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i should add that i would definitely give up a d man like severson to land drouin. if need be take back some bad salary also. ideally the bolts would want more for drouin but they probably want the cap space for stamkos even more