• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we are getting GB

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will hear all week how the Packers are playing different and are red hot. Maybe the best thing that could have happened to this young Cowboy team was having a big, bad QB come to town on a hot streak. I'm sure Packer fans will be here all week to tell us what's gonna happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys will hear all week how the Packers are playing different and are red hot. Maybe the best thing that could have happened to this young Cowboy team was having a big, bad QB come to town on a hot streak. I'm sure Packer fans will be here all week to tell us what's gonna happen.

Best thing that can happen for this Cowboy team is for the coaches to game plan correctly and keep Arod off the field. Run the ball effectively, win TOP and and keep our D fresh. Keep GB on their heels like in the first matchup and go to the NFCCG.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know how the Packers are going to try to beat us. One way or the other it's going to be with Rodgers arm.

The Packers don't have that luxury. They will have to guess between 2 attacks that either one can put you to bed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talking heads are already starting in this morning. Have seen a little Cowboys-Packers build up so far, and everyone is talking about Rodgers and how he is on fire, going to make a run, etc. Haven't heard one word about how Dallas went into Green Bay and had the Packers down 27-9 in their own house before the Cowboys took their foot off the gas in the 4th - and Dallas didn't even have Dez Bryant that week.

I'm perfectly happy with the Packers getting all the hype. Green Bay didn't have an answer for Zeke Elliott last time - Rodgers is so hot, maybe he can help stop the run too?

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads are already starting in this morning. Have seen a little Cowboys-Packers build up so far, and everyone is talking about Rodgers and how he is on fire, going to make a run, etc. Haven't heard one word about how Dallas went into Green Bay and had the Packers down 27-9 in their own house before the Cowboys took their foot off the gas in the 4th - and Dallas didn't even have Dez Bryant that week.

I'm perfectly happy with the Packers getting all the hype. Green Bay didn't have an answer for Zeke Elliott last time - Rodgers is so hot, maybe he can help stop the run too?
Cowboys opened as a 4 point favorite. I don't care about covering spreads, but one question...how did the favorites do this weekend straight? Cowboys are the better team, and they are at home

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the hardest part about defending Rodgers is not shooting yourself in the foot. DPI, off-sides and holding are the things we have to eliminate from our defense. Undisciplined play leads to longer drives, more scoring chances and reduces the time our offense is on the field. Just squeeze that pocket on Arod, we don't need to sack him a bunch, just make him feel uncomfortable, hit his arm a few times and contain his scrambling. We should be able to cover their receivers effectively. If GB is without Nelson, it'll make our jobs easier. Scandrick can cover their second most dangerous weapon in Cobb. With Mo back, we can free up Jones to cover Cook or a fourth WR.

I feel like this is the game that we see Irving evolve into one of the top Dlinemen in the game. Statement game from him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing that can happen for this Cowboy team is for the coaches to game plan correctly and keep Arod off the field. Run the ball effectively, win TOP and and keep our D fresh. Keep GB on their heels like in the first matchup and go to the NFCCG.

Exactly. Play our style of football in our stadium. We don't have to account for the turf, the weather, the crowd, the travel...anything.

We need to play our style of footballl which is short-accurate passes, strong running, control the LoS on both sides of the ball, and just game control them to death. Dallas hasn't been a quick strike team all year, no need to change now. Move methodically down the field, make the defense make mistakes like they will, and then force ARod to play from behind. If he can get in the lead is when Rodgers is dangerous, because he will open up the game and take chances and the score will get out of control.

However, if you can force him to match you possession for possession, he is more cautious and can be beat.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the hardest part about defending Rodgers is not shooting yourself in the foot. DPI, off-sides and holding are the things we have to eliminate from our defense. Undisciplined play leads to longer drives, more scoring chances and reduces the time our offense is on the field. Just squeeze that pocket on Arod, we don't need to sack him a bunch, just make him feel uncomfortable, hit his arm a few times and contain his scrambling. We should be able to cover their receivers effectively. If GB is without Nelson, it'll make our jobs easier. Scandrick can cover their second most dangerous weapon in Cobb. With Mo back, we can free up Jones to cover Cook or a fourth WR.

I feel like this is the game that we see Irving evolve into one of the top Dlinemen in the game. Statement game from him.

2 keys here on defense...Irving and Gregory. Irving HAS TO stay on sides. he likes to jump the count and Rodgers will destroy us if that is teh case. Gregory not being in there might actually be a help. his second game back was better, but his first game he was pinning his ears and getting too far upfield. Rodgers would kill that with delayed handoffs and screen passes.

The goal of our DLine should be to stand up and stuff the running game, and then contain. Don't try to get up field, just stay in your lane and get your hands up. Rodgers is too quick to really be affected by the rush, so just send the front 4 and an occasional blitz but otherwise sit in the passing lanes and muck up the secondary so he has to force tighter windows. I play a CB under and Jones over the top of Cobb on every snap. Put lee on their TE. Everyone else mans up.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I bring up Irving, is his first game against GB this year was a coming out party for him. I think he had a sack, some forced fumbles and pressures. He was certainly disruptive and as they go back to that film, he will sure be a marked man. Which makes it more of a cat and mouse game for RM. When he sees them adding more protection to Irving's side, then he can go to work. Once they need to alter their approach, Irving can wreak havoc.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and hope the media picks the packers. It will be a tough game, but this team should win.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has to be the game plan.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
line them up run Zeke take what the defense gives you then hit DEZ on a long ball
Rinse repeat and keep GB out of the endzone
If Dallas can go up early by 10 or more Rodgers will have to take chances and that will be his downfall

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
line them up run Zeke take what the defense gives you then hit DEZ on a long ball
Rinse repeat and keep GB out of the endzone
If Dallas can go up early by 10 or more Rodgers will have to take chances and that will be his downfall

GB doesn't have a sustained-drive offense. they need a big play or their drive will falter. Dallas' defense isn't the best in the world but they have so far avoided giving up the big play very often this year. If we can just avoid the blown coverages, GB offense can't put together repeated 10+ play drives.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 keys here on defense...Irving and Gregory. Irving HAS TO stay on sides. he likes to jump the count and Rodgers will destroy us if that is teh case. Gregory not being in there might actually be a help. his second game back was better, but his first game he was pinning his ears and getting too far upfield. Rodgers would kill that with delayed handoffs and screen passes.

The goal of our DLine should be to stand up and stuff the running game, and then contain. Don't try to get up field, just stay in your lane and get your hands up. Rodgers is too quick to really be affected by the rush, so just send the front 4 and an occasional blitz but otherwise sit in the passing lanes and muck up the secondary so he has to force tighter windows. I play a CB under and Jones over the top of Cobb on every snap. Put lee on their TE. Everyone else mans up.

Yea, you can't do any gambling with blitzing and such with Rodgers. He is going to make you pay.
If out front guys can keep decent pressure, let Rodgers work for every down.

Be patient, and let our offense put more pressure on Rodgers.

A concern for me, Our running game is slow to get going and we bail on it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you can't do any gambling with blitzing and such with Rodgers. He is going to make you pay.
If out front guys can keep decent pressure, let Rodgers work for every down.

Be patient, and let our offense put more pressure on Rodgers.

A concern for me, Our running game is slow to get going and we bail on it.

In Scott I trust. I think he will stick with it, knowing that even down by 7, in the 4th we will be glad Zeke is running fresh against a then gassed defense.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The big IF. I think he can turn it up a notch. He seemed to in the big games this year. Contain Rogers and keep him in the pocket. Once he gets out........gotta have speed and Irving is pretty quick.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be playing NY because Rodgers is so damn dangerous, but Dallas is the better team and should win. I'm not s big fan of playing the best of the best, I'd rather the route be filled with cupcakes.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather be playing NY because Rodgers is so damn dangerous, but Dallas is the better team and should win. I'm not s big fan of playing the best of the best, I'd rather the route be filled with cupcakes.

Well I think the Cowboys are going to turn the Packers into cheesecakes so that's close enough right ?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something people need to understand. It's not about keeping Rodgers off the field. It was not more evident than in the Falcons game yesterday. Seattle came out and had a 9 minute TD drive. And then the Falcons responded right back. Even after that incredible drive by the Hawks. they still couldn't stop the Falcons and still ended up giving up 36 points. The key to beating the Packers isn't just about keeping Rodgers off the field. It's about us scoring TDs and limiting their scoring. Rodgers can be on the field all day for all I care as long as the Cowboys holding him to FGs. They did that in GB. They did that to a high powered offense like the Redskins twice. Rodgers can pass for 500 yards and have the ball all game if he wants, but it won't mean anything if he's kicking FGs and our offense is constantly scoring TDs.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something people need to understand. It's not about keeping Rodgers off the field. It was not more evident than in the Falcons game yesterday. Seattle came out and had a 9 minute TD drive. And then the Falcons responded right back. Even after that incredible drive by the Hawks. they still couldn't stop the Falcons and still ended up giving up 36 points. The key to beating the Packers isn't just about keeping Rodgers off the field. It's about us scoring TDs and limiting their scoring. Rodgers can be on the field all day for all I care as long as the Cowboys holding him to FGs. They did that in GB. They did that to a high powered offense like the Redskins twice. Rodgers can pass for 500 yards and have the ball all game if he wants, but it won't mean anything if he's kicking FGs and our offense is constantly scoring TDs.
That is true. I think rod's scheme of not blitzing so much will also help against AR and Ryan. They get the ball out to quick to blitz them a lot. Cowboys have to score TDs on drives. Red zone offense and defense by the boys is the key to this game imo.