• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like OU hiring Demarco Murray was working out

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point exactly.. ou has talent coming in but it's all on the offensive side.. And the players that were highly rated on the defensive end aren't there anymore or just haven't shown much. If I were an ou fan I would be pissed at Lincoln. He's had three back to back QBs in offenses that could compete (especially in 2017 and 2018) but the defenses were a huge liability.. Huge.
Lincoln doesn't care about that side of the ball and he gets a pass because he's had 3 straight Heisman finalists which 2 won the award, yet the defense is still dog shit.
RJ and Drumm and Warren all joke about defensive players choosing Texas over ou.. But fail to realize that ou can't get any. They had Sanders a sure shot defensive stud, decommit and sign with Bama.. Why? Because Lincoln envisioned him on the offensive side of the ball.
Now we hear how he is high on this team being the one to come through in December? But gonna have to rely on Bryson Washington (who I really liked coming out of Houston)? A true fish?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point exactly.. ou has talent coming in but it's all on the offensive side.. And the players that were highly rated on the defensive end aren't there anymore or just haven't shown much. If I were an ou fan I would be pissed at Lincoln. He's had three back to back QBs in offenses that could compete (especially in 2017 and 2018) but the defenses were a huge liability.. Huge.
Lincoln doesn't care about that side of the ball and he gets a pass because he's had 3 straight Heisman finalists which 2 won the award, yet the defense is still dog shit.
RJ and Drumm and Warren all joke about defensive players choosing Texas over ou.. But fail to realize that ou can't get any. They had Sanders a sure shot defensive stud, decommit and sign with Bama.. Why? Because Lincoln envisioned him on the offensive side of the ball.
Now we hear how he is high on this team being the one to come through in December? But gonna have to rely on Bryson Washington (who I really liked coming out of Houston)? A true fish?

That’s just not true. They just pulled a very good DB class, some high quality DL, and a high ceiling linebacker. Don’t talk about OU recruiting. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just not true. They just pulled a very good DB class, some high quality DL, and a high ceiling linebacker. Don’t talk about OU recruiting. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.
Oh I don't..? Please tell me all of the stud defensive players that have rolled to ou and still are there. You have a 5 star midget db who's best play is to cheap shot a WR in a CFP game. Guess your gonna tell me stripling is a beast too right? Lol keep your head in the sand.. And join the rest of the cult who blames the conference for another embarrassing loss on the big stage.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't..? Please tell me all of the stud defensive players that have rolled to ou and still are there. You have a 5 star midget db who's best play is to cheap shot a WR in a CFP game. Guess your gonna tell me stripling is a beast too right? Lol keep your head in the sand.. And join the rest of the cult who blames the conference for another embarrassing loss on the big stage.

The vast majority of the talent on the defensive side of the ball at OU is very young. Guys like Criddell, Washington, Stripling, Ugowebu, Davis, Hicks etc.. are all high ceiling players (higher than all the upper classmen) and are heading into their true sophomore or RS freshman years. Plus they just pulled the number one JUCO DT in Winfrey who should be a day one contributor. It takes time for that talent to matriculate through the system to contribute at the level required. The regime who let that shit fall to the level it did is gone and the new staff has had exactly one cycle to get it headed the right direction. Pay attention sport. Moops and his cronies are gone but that stink is going to linger a little while longer.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast majority of the talent on the defensive side of the ball at OU is very young. Guys like Criddell, Washington, Stripling, Ugowebu, Davis, Hicks etc.. are all high ceiling players (higher than all the upper classmen) and are heading into their true sophomore or RS freshman years. Plus they just pulled the number one JUCO DT in Winfrey who should be a day one contributor. It takes time for that talent to matriculate through the system to contribute at the level required. The regime who let that shit fall to the level it did is gone and the new staff has had exactly one cycle to get it headed the right direction. Pay attention sport. Moops and his cronies are gone but that stink is going to linger a little while longer.
I get that.. but then to dismiss that the players that did leave were bad or not tough enough is a complete joke. The staff recruited those players hard..hell even one dated Tatum's momma to get him to flip back to ou lol. But now we will see the promise of these players come through? Sure man

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.. but then to dismiss that the players that did leave were bad or not tough enough is a complete joke. The staff recruited those players hard..hell even one dated Tatum's momma to get him to flip back to ou lol. But now we will see the promise of these players come through? Sure man

You keep fixating on Tatum. That’s not the conversation. Tatum was incredibly talented and had the potential to be a difference maker, but couldn’t get out of his own way. Guys like Parker, Sylvie, Norwood, Green, Wete, and Jackson simply aren’t/weren’t good enough. They need/needed to move on. Fact is, many players recruited by Moops (regardless of how hard they were supposedly recruited) weren’t up to standard. Period. End of story. He got lazy and lost. But it’s going to take time to fix it.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep fixating on Tatum. That’s not the conversation. Tatum was incredibly talented and had the potential to be a difference maker, but couldn’t get out of his own way. Guys like Parker, Sylvie, Norwood, Green, Wete, and Jackson simply aren’t/weren’t good enough. They need/needed to move on. Fact is, many players recruited by Moops (regardless of how hard they were supposedly recruited) weren’t up to standard. Period. End of story. He got lazy and lost. But it’s going to take time to fix it.

here I can name some more.. all who were some of the highest rated defensive kids coming in but apparently they all just weren't mentally tough for life in Norman.

Gone/Retired/Portal :
Tatum
Draper
Jackson
Moore
Roberson
Robinson
Edwards
Baldwin
Taylor
Perkins
Green
DeArman
Hurts
Proctor

But don't fret.. These young monsters who will be thrown on the two deep as they arrive to Norman will fix everything because as we know as CFB fans.. kids getting immediate runs as Freshmen or RS freshmen always pays off
I expect Lincoln to again work his magic with Rattler to make up the difference as usual

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great another Donghorn poster gonna tell us all why Texas is superior :L

:exes:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here I can name some more.. all who were some of the highest rated defensive kids coming in but apparently they all just weren't mentally tough for life in Norman.

Gone/Retired/Portal :
Tatum
Draper
Jackson
Moore
Roberson
Robinson
Edwards
Baldwin
Taylor
Perkins
Green
DeArman
Hurts
Proctor

But don't fret.. These young monsters who will be thrown on the two deep as they arrive to Norman will fix everything because as we know as CFB fans.. kids getting immediate runs as Freshmen or RS freshmen always pays off
I expect Lincoln to again work his magic with Rattler to make up the difference as usual

Yep, and maybe three of those guys were actually good enough to help OU play at the level they need to take the jump necessary. Your reading comprehension sucks. Nobody is saying OU is going to be a defensive monster next season. I do think they’ll be better. That said, I’ve stated repeatedly it will take time for the talent to matriculate. Doesn’t mean they’re not a better option than the undertalented upper classmen and majority of guys who have left. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how offensively top heavy OU's class is, through the last three classes, see how top heavy their roster is overall on offense.

Jadon Haselwood WR 0.9967
Spencer Rattler QB 0.9942
Theo Wease WR 0.9903
Brey Walker OL 0.9836
Brendan Radley-Hiles DB 0.9807
Trejan Bridges WR 0.9687
Ronnie Perkins DL 0.9666
Michael Thompson DT 0.9638
Nate Anderson OG 0.9615
Andrew Raym OG 0.9577
TJ Pledger RB 0.9543
Ron Tatum DL 0.9541
Reggie Grimes DE 0.947
Austin Stogner TE 0.9467
Jalen Redmond DE 0.9442
Seth McGowan RB 0.9382
Jeremiah Criddell S 0.9325
Stacey Wilkins OT 0.9298
Marvin Mims WR 0.9288
Anton Harrison OT 0.9272
Jaquayln Crawford WR 0.9267
Woodi Washington CB 0.9225
Aaryn Parks OG 0.9201
DaShaun White LB 0.92
Jalin Conyers TE 0.9199

4 of their top 5, 7 of their top 10, and 16/25 are on offense. The 16/25 number isn't that bad, until you realize that their third and fourth highest rated defensive prospects have already transferred/portaled, and their highest rated isn't even a lock to start because he sucks.

All this to say.. if the corona virus doesn't kill us all (it won't) ou is getting an ass whipping come October.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how offensively top heavy OU's class is, through the last three classes, see how top heavy their roster is overall on offense.

Jadon Haselwood WR 0.9967
Spencer Rattler QB 0.9942
Theo Wease WR 0.9903
Brey Walker OL 0.9836
Brendan Radley-Hiles DB 0.9807
Trejan Bridges WR 0.9687
Ronnie Perkins DL 0.9666
Michael Thompson DT 0.9638
Nate Anderson OG 0.9615
Andrew Raym OG 0.9577
TJ Pledger RB 0.9543
Ron Tatum DL 0.9541
Reggie Grimes DE 0.947
Austin Stogner TE 0.9467
Jalen Redmond DE 0.9442
Seth McGowan RB 0.9382
Jeremiah Criddell S 0.9325
Stacey Wilkins OT 0.9298
Marvin Mims WR 0.9288
Anton Harrison OT 0.9272
Jaquayln Crawford WR 0.9267
Woodi Washington CB 0.9225
Aaryn Parks OG 0.9201
DaShaun White LB 0.92
Jalin Conyers TE 0.9199

4 of their top 5, 7 of their top 10, and 16/25 are on offense. The 16/25 number isn't that bad, until you realize that their third and fourth highest rated defensive prospects have already transferred/portaled, and their highest rated isn't even a lock to start because he sucks.

All this to say.. if the corona virus doesn't kill us all (it won't) ou is getting an ass whipping come October.

Uh huh.... like I said, the current defensive staff has had exactly one cycle. And none of this has jack shit to do with Sermon anyways. Quit talking in circles every time you get your dumb ass post shot down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great another Donghorn poster gonna tell us all why Texas is superior :L

:exes:

Despite literally every metric showing otherwise. They’ve really gone full
Aggie

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and maybe three of those guys were actually good enough to help OU play at the level they need to take the jump necessary. Your reading comprehension sucks. Nobody is saying OU is going to be a defensive monster next season. I do think they’ll be better. That said, I’ve stated repeatedly it will take time for the talent to matriculate. Doesn’t mean they’re not a better option than the undertalented upper classmen and majority of guys who have left. Stop trying to move the goal posts.

wait which goal posts am I moving? Upperclassmen suck so the new players are gonna step up and dominate?

Newsflash.. I went through this crap with Charlie Fn Strong for three seasons.. Highly rated defensive recruits who were forced into action immediatley. The few that were on the roster after the 2014 that transferred were too "soft" but it's ok we had freshmen poona ford, malik Jefferson and Holton Hill to the rescue.. They did ok as freshmen but regressed badly til year 3 (mailk) and their sr campaigns year 4 (2018)

So I laugh thinking about how 2020/2021 ou is gonna be soo dominant.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.... like I said, the current defensive staff has had exactly one cycle. And none of this has jack shit to do with Sermon anyways. Quit talking in circles every time you get your dumb ass post shot down.

I'm just laughing about Sermon leaving because he wasn't good enough.. yet those guys didn't exactly flash last season either..it's all good. My dumbass must have striked a nerve.. maybe your whits are too weak for this room too?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just laughing about Sermon leaving because he wasn't good enough.. yet those guys didn't exactly flash last season either..it's all good. My dumbass must have striked a nerve.. maybe your whits are too weak for this room too?

Who said he wasn’t good enough? Just said it’s a position we have talent at. It does sting though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait which goal posts am I moving? Upperclassmen suck so the new players are gonna step up and dominate?

Newsflash.. I went through this crap with Charlie Fn Strong for three seasons.. Highly rated defensive recruits who were forced into action immediatley. The few that were on the roster after the 2014 that transferred were too "soft" but it's ok we had freshmen poona ford, malik Jefferson and Holton Hill to the rescue.. They did ok as freshmen but regressed badly til year 3 (mailk) and their sr campaigns year 4 (2018)

So I laugh thinking about how 2020/2021 ou is gonna be soo dominant.

Literally nobody has said that. Quite the opposite actually. Defensively speaking.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Donghorns still have Herman? I think you have bigger issues to worry about. Any word on new OC and DC? Orlando was actually pretty good. What a mess.....

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Donghorns still have Herman? I think you have bigger issues to worry about. Any word on new OC and DC? Orlando was actually pretty good. What a mess.....
Yep we still have Tom.. But he's finally feeling the pressure. He got his mulligan this off-season with his new hires. If he doesn't have a break through season, it's over. He isn't liked the way Mack was.. Hell even Charlie.. BMDs will be put the pressure on CDC to make the change come November if he has another season like this past year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that.. Texas roster is finally back to normal since the 2009 season. There's actual depth and the need to play the 2020 class will be low outside Bijan Robinson. So we have that going for us.. #HookEm