• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Faster Stronger Louder (Power Rankings)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week%201%20Power%20Rankings_zpsbpqeihxk.jpg

1) Bullpenn (@DunceKaep)
- Coming off a disappointing 3rd place finish after surging to finish the regular season with 6 consecutive wins in 2014, Bullpenn looks to bounce back with arguably his best draft yet. In his arsenal he has a trio of WRs (Brown, Hilton, and Evans) who could each average upwards to 1300-1500 yds and 9-12 tds, the best quarterback in the game (Aaron Rodgers), and a tight end (Jordan Cameron) who looks to have a breakout year. RB is the only position that raises any red flags, but with 4 at his disposal (Hyde, Martin, Randle, and Foster) chances are at least 2 will be successful. Out of the 4, Arian Foster is the real gem to marvel at. Despite his early season injury, if Bullpenn can weather the storm he may get a top 5 caliber rb who he managed to grab in the 8th round.

2) Logicallylethal (@Logicallylethal)
- After falling just short of the ultimate goal last year, Logic looks to finish the job this time around with a roster loaded with talent and most importantly depth. Logic has 5 WRs (AJ Green, Cobb, Tate, A. Johnson, B. Marshall) that are likely to hit the 1000 yard mark and 2 others who have the potential to hit that mark as well (Michael Floyd and Marques Colston). At RB Jamaal Charles has a chance to be a top 3 fantasy player if he returns to his elite form in 2013. After that though there are a lot of question marks. Jonathan Stewart is penciled in as the starter, but his health has always been a lingering problem his entire career. CJ Spiller is another injury risk, who surprisingly enough, is already hurt and will be out the first 2 weeks. Crowell and Freeman are unknowns that could contribute or be complete busts. Logic took a lot of risks with his selections at RB but if Spiller can stay healthy he could be a Reggie Bush/Matt Forte esque RB in the Saints offense. Stewart could be a 1100-1200 yard back with Carolina if he is able to play 14-16 games this season.

3) Jimmy Rustlers (@Cave_Johnson)
- Rustlers barely missed the playoffs last year with a late season collapse (3 game losing streak to end the season). This year’s team is well built from top to bottom. Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, and Jeremy Maclin could all rack up 1200 + yards this season as #1 receivers in their respected offenses. DT will likely surpass 1400 yards again as long as Peyton is healthy. Rustlers is also strong at RB with PPR monster Matt Forte (who had 102 recs last year) and Lamar Miller who is looking to breakout this year. I like Miller to have a Lesean Mccoy type year if Miami gives him the carries he deserves. A. Robinson and Wheaton are solid flex players who should get 800-900 yards this year (maybe more).

4) Lester Hayes (@Nosferatu)
- Lester was leading the South End Zone division and the power rankings for a good stretch last year until late season troubles (losing 5 of 6 to end the season) ended his playoff hopes. This year Lester is back Megatron and AP as his top two picks. Two players that could potentially be fantasy MVP contenders or big disappointments. I am a believer in Megatron and AP, but the injury bug is a real concern for these two. Lester did a good job at drafting depth at RB though. Forsett, Ingram, and Gore should all be productive backs. Fitzgerald and Boldin are two vets who probably don’t have that high of a ceiling, but are reliable for at least 800-900 yards (upwards to 1000-1100). If AP and Megatron can have monster years, Lester could steal the South End Zone division and grab that coveted Fantasy Championsip.

5) Phi Samma (@Uhsplit)
- A new comer to the league, Phi Samma comes with a team loaded with RB depth. CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Lesean Mccoy, and Chris Ivory are all RBs who should eclipse the 1000 yard mark. At QB, Phi Samma has two QBs who have monster fantasy production in Brees and Stafford. Samma’s WR core is solid, but outside of Edelman there isn’t a WR that is established with a track record proven to produce. Jordan Matthews is the Eagles new #1 and should have a good year (1200 yards 8 tds), but you never know with Chip Kelly as he likes to spread his touches around. Charles Johnson is a toss up to produce this year. I lean more towards Mike Wallace getting the bulk of the targets in the Vikings offense. But even so, with AP back will Bridgewater throw enough to warrant enough fantasy value for Charles Johnson? Stevie Johnson is someone I like. An underrated value in fantasy as River’s #2 he could return to 1000 yard form.

6) Sonny’s Superb Team (@SonnyCID)
- Sonny is another new comer looking to make a name for himself in his first fantasy season in Bigger Faster Stronger Louder. His duo of RB (Marshawn and Demarco) should be a strong anchor for the year. You can pencil in Marshawn for 1200-1300 yards and 10+ tds each year. Demarco is the real wild card. Coming off a career year, will he get enough carries to accumulate 1400+ yards or will be more of a 1100-1200 yard back? WR doesn’t look great, but they aren’t bad either. Devante Adams has risen to fantasy prominence and should get the targets from Aaron Rodgers, but I don’t think he’s that great of a talent. I see his ceiling around 1100-1200 yards, probably closer to 1000-1100. Jarvis Landry is a young talent who has a lot of value this league since it rewards 1 pt for every 50 return yards. I like Mike Wallace to be productive but Latavius Murray and Brian Quick are both unproven. Although Quick played like a quality WR last year before getting hurt and with Foles at QB that could add to his value.

7) Harold’s Team (@HaroldSeattle)
- Harold seems to be a high risk high reward type of gambler when it comes to drafting. Yahoo assesses Harold’s draft as one with questionable reaches, but I say Harold is just home run hitter with his draft selections. Julio Jones, Matt Ryan and Leveon Bell are close guarantees to have an elite fantasy year. Steve Smith Sr and Deandre Hopkins are sure fire 1000 + yard receivers. The big question marks that received the most criticism from Yahoo are the picks with Cooper, Abdullah, and Agholor. On the surface it might not seem smart to draft a WR in a Raiders offense, but Derek Carr is highly underrated and Cooper could have an explosive rookie year (1100-1200 yards). Abdullah is no guarantee to even start, but if he earns himself the starting role or significant playing time he could be an extremely versatile back in that Detroit offense. Agholor is likely to start the season off as the #3, but if he produces then Chip Kelly will get him targets in the fast paced high powered Eagles offense.

8) Uwdawgfan (@uwdawgfan)
- Uwdawgfan finished 6-8 last year, because his team lacked quality depth. Seems like the same problem may have carried over. The team is strong up top with Peyton, Odell, Lacy, and E. Sanders, but not a lot of guaranteed production after that. Watkins is a rare talent who possesses good size and great speed, but the QB throwing the WR the ball is almost as important as the WR’s talent when it comes to fantasy. Ellington is a fringe flex player at best. He will likely be the Cards starter, but the RB position is not likely to produce a lot of pts and Ellington is an average RB in my opinion. Decker is solid but T. Williams is a toss up in terms of production. He could be the Cowboys #2 or he could be the #3 or #4.

9) Los Pollos Shermanos (@Itsmytime)
- A playoff team last year, Shermanos had one of the more disappointing drafts in the league. Luck, Dez, and J. Graham are all elite fantasy players at their position. Desean Jackson, Alfred Morris, Vincent Jackson and Keenan Allen are all solid, but it probably isn’t’ the best idea to bank on TJ Yeldon and Danny Woodhead to produce as fantasy starters. There is still hope though. Desean could surprise some by returning to his 1300 yd form. Alfred Morris is reliable. Keenan Allen may bounce back if Stevie Johnson doesn’t steal the bulk of his targets. And Vincent Jackson could have a bounce back year, but it depends on Winston’s success at QB.

10) The Boz (@blstoker)
- The Boz’s team looks like a great fantasy team…in 2017 or 2018. Too many reaches on young players that are not likely to produce enough this year to warrant a starting spot on a fantasy roster. Alshon and Gronk are reliable and elite players at their position but outside of that the roster is littered with question marks. Bradford shows potential so far in that potent Eagles offense, but with so many other QBs that are proven producers in fantasy it probably wasn’t the best idea to rely on an injury risk like Bradford. His other QB Russell Wilson is one of the few that are better in real life than he is in fantasy. John Brown and Doug Baldwin are fringe flex players and should not be WR2 and WR3 on a playoff caliber team. Melvin Gordon is a player I like and should get 1100 yards this year. Zac Stacy, Branden Oliver, Christine Michael (who are currently penciled in as starters) may not even get 10 carries total each week. Not looking good so far for first timer Boz returning to fantasy after a long layoff.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had some issues with not being entirely up to date on NFL news with a busy summer and I have 3 guys suspended for week one, which made my hope they pan out picks need to produce week one. Bradford gets the start week one because Wilson has so many questions with the OL and St. Louis is so good DL, but if Graham helps him get more TDs this year, I expect Wilson to put up fantasy numbers that are very respectable. Michael and Oliver weren't intended to be starters this week, just hopefuls for late season success during bye weeks, but again injuries and suspensions are forcing them to play. My WRs are facing the same issues the RBs have, with Bryant suspended 4 weeks and White fighting injury has forced Doug Baldwin in, though I expect John Brown to break out this season (or at least hope for it).

Very nice write up - hope I hit more than I missed.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god don't remind me about last season. I would have won the league if I had made the playoffs, lit up the scoreboard the last two weeks. Just two bad match ups and one bad line up choice the three weeks prior to the end of the regular season killed me. Also had my two highest scoring weeks against the one owner who didn't change his lineup all year.

Oh well, redemption time this year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had some issues with not being entirely up to date on NFL news with a busy summer and I have 3 guys suspended for week one, which made my hope they pan out picks need to produce week one. Bradford gets the start week one because Wilson has so many questions with the OL and St. Louis is so good DL, but if Graham helps him get more TDs this year, I expect Wilson to put up fantasy numbers that are very respectable. Michael and Oliver weren't intended to be starters this week, just hopefuls for late season success during bye weeks, but again injuries and suspensions are forcing them to play. My WRs are facing the same issues the RBs have, with Bryant suspended 4 weeks and White fighting injury has forced Doug Baldwin in, though I expect John Brown to break out this season (or at least hope for it).

Very nice write up - hope I hit more than I missed.

Ha, just realized you and I are playing each other week one in both leagues.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup took some chance on rookies and that is a dangerous way to go. However looking at ESPN depth chart they have Agholor listed as a starter and the Eagles offense is a high powered offense. Abdullah is listed as the back up to Bell for now, but Bells has had some health issues and I don't expect him to remain the starter. So we'll see. Very competitive teams this year.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god don't remind me about last season. I would have won the league if I had made the playoffs, lit up the scoreboard the last two weeks. Just two bad match ups and one bad line up choice the three weeks prior to the end of the regular season killed me. Also had my two highest scoring weeks against the one owner who didn't change his lineup all year.

Oh well, redemption time this year.

I think it's redemption year for most of us. Last year the league was so wide open anybody could have won it. A couple heavy hitters started strong and faltered late and a few surged late but came up short. Green Hawks ended up winning the league and was one of the few that didn't return.

Do you remember who Green Hawks was?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a tough year for me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's redemption year for most of us. Last year the league was so wide open anybody could have won it. A couple heavy hitters started strong and faltered late and a few surged late but came up short. Green Hawks ended up winning the league and was one of the few that didn't return.

I was wondering that myself.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true, one of the reasons this league is so much fun.

Green Hawks was @AZhawks.

Confirmed in post #48 here:

10 team Yahoo Fantasy Football League | Page 3 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 3 of this league.
First two years have been awesome, but we did have a few teams that quit.

This year looks solid as everyone in the league is an active poster.

Playing in a Memorial Golf tournament this Seahawk Sunday. Will do prefunc at location as Golf starts at 1:30.
Golf is at Glen Eagle Golf Course in Arlington. Looking for a 4th player.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow job tracking that down. Today he didn't return, must of wanted to retire a champ.

Don't give me too much credit. The search feature on the website works wonderfully...... most of the time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Harold’s Team (3-0, Previously #7)
- After being written off on the season, Harold not only leads the league in points but remains as the only undefeated team. Riding off of MVP performances from Julio Jones and Steve Smith and reliable production from Hopkins, Cooper, and his quarterback tandem of Ryan/Palmer, Harold looks to continue his early season success as he welcomes back the return of Leveon Bell.

2) Logicallylethal (2-1, No Change)
- Logic has bounced back from a week 1 loss to reel off 2 in a row including a 231 pt performance against former #1 Bullpen to claim a tie in the Hawks Nest division. Week 3 Logic benefitted from 2 monster 40 + pt performances from AJ Green (44 pts) and Devonta Freeman (42 pts), 2 excellent 30 + pt performances from Randall Cobb (35 pts) and Jamaal Charles (31 pts), and 2 productive 20 + pt performances from Eli Manning (28 pts) and Brandon Marshall (25 pts).

3) Lester Hayes (2-1, Previously #4)
- A resurgent year from Larry Fitzgerald (333 yds 5 tds in 3 games) has helped Lester climb out of an early season hole to claim a stake of first place in the Hawks Nest division with Logic. AP has looked very much like his old self (134 and 126 yds) after a quiet week 1. With the injury to Romo, Cam Newton has quietly stepped up with 36.9 and 38.9 pts in back to back weeks. Olsen has also benefitted from that as he looks to put up another 1000 yard season.

4) Jimmy Rustlers (2-1, Previously #3)
- Lamar Miller has been a colossal disappointment after many tabbed him to have a breakout year. However, free agent additions of Dion Lewis and Rishard Matthews has made up for Lamar Miller’s lackluster start. DT, Maclin, and Forte have also performed well. But the biggest surprise of them all has been the resurgent Denver defense putting up 20 + performances pts (23, 23, and 20 pts) in the first 3 weeks.

5) Bullpen (1-2, Previously #1)
- The former #1 is off to a rocky start, but no need to panic as Bullpen welcomes the return of Mike Evans and Arian Foster. Evans has already made an impact garnering 17 targets (for 7 rec 101 yds) in his first game back. Joseph Randle exploded for 3 tds dropping a 30 spot after a quiet weeks 1 and 2. Antonio Brown will be Antonio Brown but with Big Ben being sidelined he may take a hit in fantasy production. Moncrief looks like he has solidified the #2 spot in the Colts offense as Andre Johnson continues to struggle to find separation. Oh and that Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty good (a ho hum 5 td performance).

6) Sonny’s Superb Team (2-1, No Change)
- Benefitting from the lowest pts against (409 pts), Sonny has taken advantage of his favorable matchups to start 2-1 despite being near the bottom (7th overall) in scoring. Brady has been Sonny’s savior, but he will need other players to step up if he wants to continue his early season success.

7) Phi Samma (1-2, Previously #5)
- Inept performances from CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill and injuries to Drew Brees and Lesean McCoy have plagued Phi Samma’s season early on resulting in a 1-2 start. However, there have been some bright spots. Jordan Matthews looks like he is the clear cut #1 in the Eagles offense. Edelman looks like he could rack up 110-120 receptions this year. And once Julius Thomas returns from injury he could provide some much needed production at the tight end position as Martellus Bennett has yet to have a big game this season.

8) Uwdawgfan (1-2, No Change)
- Uwdawgfan’s lack of depth has hurt him so far this season. Strong up top with Peyton, Odell, and E. Sanders, but inconsistent production from Terrance Williams, Sammy Watkins, and his starting RBs have been the downfall to dawgfan’s season.

9) The Boz (1-2, Previously #10)
- Boz nearly escaped with his 2nd win it if weren’t for James Jones dropping 26.9 pts on MNF. The Boz will need every win he could get as he tries to patch together his lineup weekly.

10) Los Pollos Shermanos (0-3, Previously #9)
- There’s talent on the roster (Luck, K. Allen, J. Graham, Sproles, Dez, etc.), but inconsistent production from Andrew Luck, TJ Yeldon, Alfred Morris and Torey Smith and key injuries to Dez Bryant and Desean Jackson have really hampered Shermanos season thus far. Is this too big of a hole to dig out of or will Shermanos make a run once his key players return from injury and start producing like they are expected to?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting matchups this week:

1) Harold vs. Lethal. Lethal will need Golden Tate to score at least 18 more points that Ameer Abdullah scores (could be more, Harold has 2 guys with 2 minutes left in their games). I don't like Lethal's chances.

2) Boz vs. Shermanos. Luck not playing hurts, as of right now, I'm down just 25 with 5 positions to go including Russell Wilson and Seattle D.

3) Bullpen vs. Sonny. If Joseph Randle duplicates last weeks performance, Sonny could be in trouble, otherwise it's all done.

4) Jimmy vs. Slamma. Can Ebron and Cooks outscore Hauschka and Brees? Not likely, but it is close enough that it is possible.

5) UW vs. Lester. Payton Manning and co have let UW down this week, and it's up to Terrence Williams to outscore Calvin Johnson and Mark Ingram by 25.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like picking up Dunbar was a good move, though I did it because he has been a receiving machine out of the backfield and he hasn't even made a catch (I could really use those 7 catches a game to show up here).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like picking up Dunbar was a good move, though I did it because he has been a receiving machine out of the backfield and he hasn't even made a catch (I could really use those 7 catches a game to show up here).
Yup. Did the same thing in another league. Lucky for me I only needed 8 points from him and Graham for a win and Dunbar put up 4 for me so far.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Did the same thing in another league. Lucky for me I only needed 8 points from him and Graham for a win and Dunbar put up 4 for me so far.

I'm usually bad about this sort of thing. I played Blue instead of Austin which cost me 28 points. I hemmed and hawwed about it, and in the end I went the wrong way (though I was right that Foster wasn't gonna be much a factor so Blue would still be used).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually bad about this sort of thing. I played Blue instead of Austin which cost me 28 points. I hemmed and hawwed about it, and in the end I went the wrong way (though I was right that Foster wasn't gonna be much a factor so Blue would still be used).
Nobody know what is the right choice in these situations . Must say Austin seems to being playing his best football this year though.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody know what is the right choice in these situations . Must say Austin seems to being playing his best football this year though.

Yeah, I played him last week and he really didn't do anything but 2 weeks ago and this week he's been unstoppable. May have to just take the streakiness and play him. I did the same with Gurley as well - 18 points on the bench.

Sucks Dunbar is out. Needed 10 out of him, only got 5.4