• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Stan is going to move his team regardless. This is going to set a terrible example. There will always be teams that stay put forever. But for owners thinking about moving or if they get their panties in a wad with local officials. They can just trash the fans and city they are in. Tell the NFL to stick their rules and move. Its a mess that could become a free for all. I cant help but believe with strong leadership from the NFL some of this could have been avoided.

I think this mess would've been avoided with the Rams if Shad Khan was allowed to buy the Rams back around 2010. He definitely wouldn't have moved the Rams and probably would've financed a stadium by himself.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this mess would've been avoided with the Rams if Shad Khan was allowed to buy the Rams back around 2010. He definitely wouldn't have moved the Rams and probably would've financed a stadium by himself.
I believe that is really the only hope at this point for the pro St. Louis crowd. Stan selling. But its a faint hope.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that is really the only hope at this point for the pro St. Louis crowd. Stan selling. But its a faint hope.

I think you're right. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Kroenke didn't get the votes needed to go to Los Angeles and then pulls an Al Davis and moves the team anyways. Because I honestly have no idea what would happen after how badly the city was trashed in that letter earlier in the week and they had to stick around for another year.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I believe St. Louis will be in the right here. I believe in the end they will have done everything they were suppose to do to keep the team. I just don't think it will matter.

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if the rams do move who do st louis fans revert to team wise??
Not to be a jerk but that question is getting old. For life long fans do you really believe where they play will matter. Its about the horns friend.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Kroenke didn't get the votes needed to go to Los Angeles and then pulls an Al Davis and moves the team anyways. Because I honestly have no idea what would happen after how badly the city was trashed in that letter earlier in the week and they had to stick around for another year.
Did you read the rebuttal from the mayor it was quite good I thought.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a jerk but that question is getting old. For life long fans do you really believe where they play will matter. Its about the horns friend.
ok whippersnapper...."life long fans" give me a break. so does your dad still cheer for phoenix?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok whippersnapper...."life long fans" give me a break. so does your dad still cheer for phoenix?
:pound: I guess every fan on this board was born and raise in the St. Louis area. And spent their entire life there. :L

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if the rams do move who do st louis fans revert to team wise??
I'll still be a Rams fan and a fan on the players (even though I live in VA), I will just hate the ownership, just like I do with the Orioles. As I said in another thread, I'll be a Rams fan no matter where the team is located.

Did you read the rebuttal from the mayor it was quite good I thought.
I definitely thought it was an appropriate response. I'm glad it got sent to all the other teams. I think Stan trashing St Louis will definitely give him a black eye in the league with how he's handled this whole thing.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still be a Rams fan and a fan on the players (even though I live in VA), I will just hate the ownership, just like I do with the Orioles. As I said in another thread, I'll be a Rams fan no matter where the team is located.

I definitely thought it was an appropriate response. I'm glad it got sent to all the other teams. I think Stan trashing St Louis will definitely give him a black eye in the league with how he's handled this whole thing.
I was amazed that Stan had never once met the mayor.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fair enough. But its a troll question.
not at all... do people locally even care about the nfl cardinals anymore? if the st louis rams move im sure some diehards will hang on as fans but i would expect a good majority to move on the other teams. the nfl sure as hell is going to start showing some regionally closer team on the tv every weekend in your market.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all... do people locally even care about the nfl cardinals anymore? if the st louis rams move im sure some diehards will hang on as fans but i would expect a good majority to move on the other teams. the nfl sure as hell is going to start showing some regionally closer team on the tv every weekend in your market.
I cant argue with that. But at the same time I think we can agree that some may see it as being called band wagoners or fair weather fans. Maybe not.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was amazed that Stan had never once met the mayor.
With how silent he's been the past few years after even saying years ago about how he was going to do all he could to keep the team in St. Louis was definitely foreshadowing his true intentions and that the guy was a lying POS. So honestly, him not meeting the mayor doesn't surprise me one bit.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how silent he's been the past few years after even saying years ago about how he was going to do all he could to keep the team in St. Louis was definitely foreshadowing his true intentions and that the guy was a lying POS. So honestly, him not meeting the mayor doesn't surprise me one bit.
As an owner it would always be to your advantage to have good relations with local and state officials. Maybe he will do better in LA.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an owner it would always be to your advantage to have good relations with local and state officials. Maybe he will do better in LA.

I don't think he ever had any intention to stay in St. Louis, which is probably why he never once met with the guy. I remember reading years ago how there was a possible site for a new stadium on the outside of St Louis that he could've bought. But once he bought that land at Inglewood, I think that was when he showed his true intent.

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he ever had any intention to stay in St. Louis, which is probably why he never once met with the guy. I remember reading years ago how there was a possible site for a new stadium on the outside of St Louis that he could've bought and built a new stadium. But once he bought that land at Inglewood, I think that was when he showed his true intent.
I love a good conspiracy. But yeah it makes sense. :suds:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shad Kahn would have been a better owner for sure and he was committed to keeping the Rams in St. Louis, he made that very clear when he was in running for the 60% ownership of the Rams from the Rosenbloom's. Stan felt threatened by this because he wouldn't be in full control of the Rams so he exercised a clause that allowed him to match the proposed bid. So now Stan has want he wants... full ownership of the Rams which is something he never had before.

And the Jacksonville Jaguars are a franchise that is moving forward. They drafted a QB named Bortles who gad a good year and they will be looking to capitalize on that next year. They are giving Gus Bradley the time he needs to build and construct a team that will succeed in the long run.

The Rams are still in rebuilding mode... We don't know who our starting QB will be in 2016 and we need more offensive threats to open the field.