• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You folks don't get it. The Entertainment Center that Kroneke owns and is implementing is under construction. The Stadium is one component of that center whether the Rams play there or not. Kroneke is already building the entertainment center. The Stadium is being built. WHETHER THE RAMS PLAY THERE OR NOT IS A SEPARATE ISSUE!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new stadium plan is NOT ready to go. It includes a $300M loan from the NFL, which they have not agreed to.

Yes it is. 200 million is coming from the NFL G4 program. The other 100m dollars was promised by one of the LA Committee owners. Roger then got pissy because he wasn't involved in the hundred million dollar deal and is now causing a stink about it. No matter anyway you look at it or spin it St. Louis is way closer than San Diego or Oakland.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. 200 million is coming from the NFL G4 program. The other 100m dollars was promised by one of the LA Committee owners. Roger then got pissy because he wasn't involved in the hundred million dollar deal and is now causing a stink about it. No matter anyway you look at it or spin it St. Louis is way closer than San Diego or Oakland.

Like I have told you before, it is ILLEGAL for a member of that committee to make a deal behind the scenes. Especially when it was done behind the back of the teams owner(Stan). Those kinds of decisions cannot be made without the guy who has a billion plus dollars on the line involved...Roger is pissed because he knows the NFL can now be sued for billions and the NFL has a HORRIBLE record in the courts...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have told you before, it is ILLEGAL for a member of that committee to make a deal behind the scenes. Especially when it was done behind the back of the teams owner(Stan). Those kinds of decisions cannot be made without the guy who has a billion plus dollars on the line involved...Roger is pissed because he knows the NFL can now be sued for billions and the NFL has a HORRIBLE record in the courts...

Again Who is Stan going to Sue? They were offering him $100 million towards a new stadium? Roger is pissed because he is in stans back pocket. He's the one that put that committee together and told them to do what they needed to do to make it happen Since they are the owners that have to decide this anyway. But Roger saw The momentum St. Louis had and had a come up with something. It would be the city of San Diego and Oakland that would be suing.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Who is Stan going to Sue? They were offering him $100 million towards a new stadium? Roger is pissed because he is in stans back pocket. He's the one that put that committee together and told them to do what they needed to do to make it happen Since they are the owners that have to decide this anyway. But Roger saw The momentum St. Louis had and had a come up with something. It would be the city of San Diego and Oakland that would be suing.

Stan can sue the NFL, that's who lol...How many times do I have to go over the SAME DAMN THINGS???...The NFL has committed Collusion, a suable offense. They didn't do it just once, but MULTIPLE times already.

As for "momentum", St. Louis has virtually NONE, their plan fell WAY short in many ways(the 100 mil is just one of them).

Roger is afraid because if Stan sues the NFL and this turns into the nightmare it likely now will, his cushy job might go bye-bye....

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the owners are really trying to get Stan and Spanos to make up so they can share Stans stadium and cut Oakland out. Total cartel action by the NFL. They can't just have the Rams leave St. Louis and into Stans stadium because then you would still have San Diego and Oakland just sitting there with 50-year-old stadiums. So they figure they can get San Diego in there and it solves at least one of the problems. I just can't wait for this to be over with.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the owners are really trying to get Stan and Spanos to make up so they can share Stans stadium and cut Oakland out. Total cartel action by the NFL. They can't just have the Rams leave St. Louis and into Stans stadium because then you would still have San Diego and Oakland just sitting there with 50-year-old stadiums. So they figure they can get San Diego in there and it solves at least one of the problems. I just can't wait for this to be over with.

In the end, that is the most likely scenario...But I still think St. Louis could get a team down the road again if Kahn in Jacksonville has anything to say about it...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, that is the most likely scenario...But I still think St. Louis could get a team down the road again if Kahn in Jacksonville has anything to say about it...

...and if he doesn't end up in London instead.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Cole was stating that Rams/Chargers scenario is most likely.

It certainly benefits the league bigtime...Think about it, they get to have NFL football in LA every single weekend of the season. Its a win/win for the teams and the league...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay to Goodell: 'I cannot ever remember meeting Stan Kroenke.'

Wednesday is deadline set by football league to submit home-market stadium proposals. Read more
ST. LOUIS • Publicly admonishing Stan Kroenke was not enough for local officials.

Last night, Mayor Francis Slay overnight-mailed a letter to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“In reviewing the St. Louis Ram’s submission for relocation, I was struck by multiple inaccuracies and misrepresentations of St. Louis and our community’s relationship with the Rams,” Slay wrote. “A number of them require my response.”

The most “disturbing,” he said, was “the notion that the Rams put forth consistent efforts to negotiate a solution to their stadium situation dating back to 2002.”

“I have been Mayor of St. Louis since then and I — to this day — cannot ever remember meeting Stan Kroenke,” Slay continued, “much less engaging with him in any conversations about the future of NFL football in St. Louis.”

Slay, however, said he’d welcome such a conversation. He has a “strong” relationship with Cardinals and Blues owners, he said in the letter. And he’d like the same with Kroenke.

“I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter in more detail,” Slay’s letter concluded. “While I remain extremely unhappy at the portrayal of St. Louis in the Rams relocation submission, I am hopeful — if not confident — that the NFL will do the right thing.”

Slay is not the only one communicating with the NFL. The task force spearheading efforts to build a new stadium here is also planning to send a detailed response to Kroenke’s relocation “statement of reasons.”

On Thursday, the NFL confirmed receipt of Slay's letter, but did not immediately add further comment.

Notice the Cardinals and Blues owner have a good relationship with the Mayor. Stan has never made an effect to meet him in 15 years. :L Thats the kind of owner he is.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay to Goodell: 'I cannot ever remember meeting Stan Kroenke.'

Wednesday is deadline set by football league to submit home-market stadium proposals. Read more
ST. LOUIS • Publicly admonishing Stan Kroenke was not enough for local officials.

Last night, Mayor Francis Slay overnight-mailed a letter to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“In reviewing the St. Louis Ram’s submission for relocation, I was struck by multiple inaccuracies and misrepresentations of St. Louis and our community’s relationship with the Rams,” Slay wrote. “A number of them require my response.”

The most “disturbing,” he said, was “the notion that the Rams put forth consistent efforts to negotiate a solution to their stadium situation dating back to 2002.”

“I have been Mayor of St. Louis since then and I — to this day — cannot ever remember meeting Stan Kroenke,” Slay continued, “much less engaging with him in any conversations about the future of NFL football in St. Louis.”

Slay, however, said he’d welcome such a conversation. He has a “strong” relationship with Cardinals and Blues owners, he said in the letter. And he’d like the same with Kroenke.

“I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter in more detail,” Slay’s letter concluded. “While I remain extremely unhappy at the portrayal of St. Louis in the Rams relocation submission, I am hopeful — if not confident — that the NFL will do the right thing.”

Slay is not the only one communicating with the NFL. The task force spearheading efforts to build a new stadium here is also planning to send a detailed response to Kroenke’s relocation “statement of reasons.”

On Thursday, the NFL confirmed receipt of Slay's letter, but did not immediately add further comment.

Notice the Cardinals and Blues owner have a good relationship with the Mayor. Stan has never made an effect to meet him in 15 years. :L Thats the kind of owner he is.

I know ZERO about St. Louis politics, but how long has Slay been Mayor?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part about the Mayor now going after Stan??? This now proves his point even more that he cannot stay in St. Louis...So the Mayor thinks he's helping, but he's actually helping do the opposite. This helps Stan prove the relationship between himself and the city is "toxic"

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers, Raiders and Rams must agree to before vote on relocation to L.A.

By SCOTT M. REID / STAFF WRITER

NEW YORK - The Chargers, Raiders and Rams must agree to a series of relocation requirements set by three NFL committees this week in order to be eligible for a vote on which team or teams are approved to move to the Los Angeles area for the 2016 season.

If documents provided by the franchises this week are verified by the league’s Los Angeles, finance and stadium committees, the teams will then be considered in a relocation vote of the NFL’s 32 owners next week in Houston.

NFL owners said Wednesday that there is a consensus among them that two teams will relocate to Los Angeles.

Following more than eight hours of meetings at the league’s Park Avenue offices Wednesday, league owners made it clear they are determined to have a relocation vote during the Houston meetings next Tuesday and Wednesday and end the NFL’s more than 20-year absence from the Los Angeles-Orange County market. One person involved in Wednesday’s meeting went so far as to say the league and its owners are “hell-bent” on resolving the Los Angeles situation.

“That’s for sure,” said New England’s Robert Kraft, a member of the six-owner NFL Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities. “I think we all want to hopefully see this issue settled next week and the fans will know where we’re at.

“I think it’s important we’ve had a generation of young people grow up without a team to root for. Hopefully we’re going to change that.”

The meetings also revealed growing doubts among the owners and league officials about a St. Louis task force proposal for a $1 billion downtown, waterfront stadium.

“The feeling is that it’s time to get to a conclusion here; this process has been going on for a long time,” Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay said.

The next step is for the three franchises this week to provide documents to the league verifying their acceptance of a series of terms set by the Los Angeles, finance and stadium committees this week. Among the areas the teams must agree to are financing guarantees, a relocation fee, a procedure for relocating and guaranteeing an opening date for new stadiums in Los Angeles County.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke wants to build a $1.86 billion stadium in Inglewood while the Chargers and Raiders have proposed a $1.75 billion stadium in Carson, a project backed by Disney chairman and chief executive Robert Iger.

The three committees will then verify whether the franchises are eligible for relocation. The Los Angeles committee will make a recommendation on which team or teams should be approved to move.

Then, in Houston, there will be a series of votes by all 32 owners, most likely beginning with a vote on the relocation requirements Tuesday, followed by on a relocation fee.

The committees have set a relocation fee at $550 million per team in present value, although by the time the fee is paid off it should cost teams more than $600 million. Finally the owners will vote on relocation. When the final vote is tallied, league owners expect two teams to be headed back to Los Angeles.

“The feeling is two can work and should work so I think it’s really going to be a question more is do two teams qualify,” Irsay said. “So I think it’s more likely two teams will move.”

Which two, however, remains unclear. League owners have suggested this week that they are looking at more than just two options: the Rams to Inglewood or the Chargers or Raiders to Carson.

“It was a great meeting we’ve got lots of good alternatives. We’re carefully analyzing and trying to determine what’s right,” Kraft said.

Allies of Kroenke continue to push a scenario where the Chargers or Raiders join the Rams in Inglewood in a limited, but not full, partnership in the stadium. Kroenke abandoning plans for the stadium’s roof has also been floated.

Chargers owner Dean Spanos is opposed to relocating to Inglewood, and Raiders owner Mark Davis also reiterated to owners and NFL officials on Wednesday that he is also opposed to moving to Inglewood.

Also emerging from Wednesday meetings was an increased sentiment that the St. Louis task force’s stadium proposal will not prevent Kroenke and the Rams from being declared eligible for relocation. The plan calls for a combination of public and private financing. Kroenke has made it clear to the NFL that he is not only not interested in the stadium deal but believes it will be difficult for an NFL franchise to succeed financially in the St. Louis market.

“You have to look at your business model and really see,” said Irsay, who said he didn’t think a team necessarily had to stay in a market simply because a city came up with an offer.

“Every case is different,” he said.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Register's Scott Reid: Growing Concern Over Viability of St. Louis Stadium
Brendan Marks posted on January 06, 2016 18:07
The Orange County Register’s Scott Reid on Wednesday reported there’s a “growing sentiment among all three committees that a St. Louis taskforce’s proposal for a
350_national_car_rental_field_3.jpg
$1 billion riverfront stadium to keep the Rams in place is not viable.”

Reid joined The U.S. Bank Afternoon Drive shortly after to elaborate on his report and discusses the latest he's hearing on the Rams' uncertain future and St. Louis stadium project.

You can read excerpts and listen to the interview below:

Where is the three NFL committees' sentiment coming from that the St. Louis stadium proposal isn't viable?

"They had eight hours of meeting today, a lot of talking back and forth. Two weeks ago, you had people talking about whether (Stan Kroenke) was eligible to relocate. Now...I don't think it's dead. But I think the optimism going around league headquarters right now is dissipating."

So what's going to happen in Houston next week?

"There's going to be a series of votes. The biggest thing right now is all three franchises have to submit documents to the league by the end of the week. The committees will then go through all those documents to determine if they meet relocation guidelines. Then they will vote on the relocation fees. And then they'll have a relocation vote."

Any chance the NFL waits another year to decide on LA relocation?

"No. It's done. They're going to vote. I haven't talked to a single owner who doesn't say, 'It's definitely getting done.'"

What do you think is going to happen?

"I'm 50-50 between the Chargers and Raiders in Carson and 50-50 between the Chargers and Rams in Inglewood. The only thing that's certain is Chargers are going to be in LA one way or the other."

Here's the complete segment (starts about 23:30):

OC Register's Scott Reid on The Afternoon Drive

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official Chargers to Los Angeles, either Carson or Inglewood.