• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just makes me cringe, he wants to use his money for a stadium in Ingoewood but refuses to give a dime to help the public build a new stadium in St.Louis.

Agree 100%. I'd have stronger language for my thoughts on that but know we're not in the negativity thread so I'll refrain.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't they be more worried about getting the necessary votes to move instead of thinking of who will join the Rams? Unless Jerry Jones knows how everyone's going to vote. :noidea:

Jerry Jones and Kroenke are buddies..

Jerry Jones is a big Stan Kroenke fan, only wants the best for L.A.
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 18, 2015, 5:38 AM EST
kroenke.jpgAP
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was reportedly high on comrade Stan Kroenke’s bid to bring the Rams to Los Angeles.

And now, he’s said so publicly.

The Cowboys owner said after a joint practice between his team and the Rams in Oxnard that he had nothing but respect and admiration for his currently-in-St. Louis counterpart.

“Since I was born in Inglewood, since I’m a favorite son of El Segundo — and if you go down through there you can probably find 15 or 20 relatives of some distance back — so I’ve got a lot of background in California. I’m a real fan of Stan Kroenke,” Jones said, via Steve Wyche of NFL Network. “I’m really a fan of Los Angeles and having the NFL have a major posture relative to the sports scene in Los Angeles.

“Stan is outstanding. He’s been outstanding in the NFL and he’s the kind of people you want to be with.”

While that’s something short of an endorsement (and something closer to an introduction at a Civitan Club meeting), Jones’s words might also signal the preference which was reportedly stated behind closed doors in last week’s owners meetings.

Jones said both proposals were strong, refusing to dump on the Carson bid which might host the Chargers and Raiders, but said the bigger issue is getting the nation’s second-largest market right.

“The main thing is Los Angeles needs the very best, the very best we can put in Los Angeles, so that’s the big issue,” Jones said.

It doesn’t hurt that Kroenke can throw more money in the direction of the project in the form of transfer fees, and that he has shovels ready to hit the dirt now.

But with the likelihood of the league trying to “manage the outcome” of the effort to get a team back there, having Jones speak so glowingly about Kroenke is definitely worth filing away.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones and Kroenke are buddies..

Jerry Jones is a big Stan Kroenke fan, only wants the best for L.A.
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 18, 2015, 5:38 AM EST
View attachment 75293AP
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was reportedly high on comrade Stan Kroenke’s bid to bring the Rams to Los Angeles.

And now, he’s said so publicly.

The Cowboys owner said after a joint practice between his team and the Rams in Oxnard that he had nothing but respect and admiration for his currently-in-St. Louis counterpart.

“Since I was born in Inglewood, since I’m a favorite son of El Segundo — and if you go down through there you can probably find 15 or 20 relatives of some distance back — so I’ve got a lot of background in California. I’m a real fan of Stan Kroenke,” Jones said, via Steve Wyche of NFL Network. “I’m really a fan of Los Angeles and having the NFL have a major posture relative to the sports scene in Los Angeles.

“Stan is outstanding. He’s been outstanding in the NFL and he’s the kind of people you want to be with.”

While that’s something short of an endorsement (and something closer to an introduction at a Civitan Club meeting), Jones’s words might also signal the preference which was reportedly stated behind closed doors in last week’s owners meetings.

Jones said both proposals were strong, refusing to dump on the Carson bid which might host the Chargers and Raiders, but said the bigger issue is getting the nation’s second-largest market right.

“The main thing is Los Angeles needs the very best, the very best we can put in Los Angeles, so that’s the big issue,” Jones said.

It doesn’t hurt that Kroenke can throw more money in the direction of the project in the form of transfer fees, and that he has shovels ready to hit the dirt now.

But with the likelihood of the league trying to “manage the outcome” of the effort to get a team back there, having Jones speak so glowingly about Kroenke is definitely worth filing away.

Yeah, knew that Jerry has been a fan of the Kroenke and the Inglewood plan from the start. I can think of up to possibly four-five at the moment that are against it (Spanos, Davis, Richardson and I believe Rooney and McNair?). I'm just wondering how all of the other owners are going to vote here in a few days.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, knew that Jerry has been a fan of the Kroenke and the Inglewood plan from the start. I can think of up to possibly four-five at the moment that are against it (Spanos, Davis, Richardson and I believe Rooney and McNair?). I'm just wondering how all of the other owners are going to vote here in a few days.

Bottom line, is that they are all businessmen. Somebody asked Spanos about Rams going to San Diego, that said he wasn't sure about it, because it would cut into his profit.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I wouldn't mind the Rams going back to LA but certainly not this way.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't they be more worried about getting the necessary votes to move instead of thinking of who will join the Rams? Unless Jerry Jones knows how everyone's going to vote. :noidea:

Well if Spanos and Stan are teaming up and it looks like what's happening. There really isn't a fight so they will just approve it. I just wonder why you're not hearing anything from Mark Davis? he was told he was partners with Spano's for the last year and a week before the vote Spanos joins Stan?? Wtf yeah somethings wrong there.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Spanos and Stan are teaming up and it looks like what's happening. There really isn't a fight so they will just approve it. I just wonder why you're not hearing anything from Mark Davis? he was told he was partners with Spano's for the last year and a week before the vote Spanos joins Stan?? Wtf yeah somethings wrong there.

It is funny, Davis didn't really want to leave Oakland he just wanted more PSLs and the city refused, which eventually lead to this. Davis will be taken, you don't have to worry about it.

How about your St.Louis Raiders? I kid

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all... do people locally even care about the nfl cardinals anymore? if the st louis rams move im sure some diehards will hang on as fans but i would expect a good majority to move on the other teams. the nfl sure as hell is going to start showing some regionally closer team on the tv every weekend in your market.
:thumb:

I'm originally from LA and have been a die hard Ram fan almost all my life...........seems like a valid question to me.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny, Davis didn't really want to leave Oakland he just wanted more PSLs and the city refused, which eventually lead to this. Davis will be taken, you don't have to worry about it.

How about your St.Louis Raiders? I kid

I would love them. But I don't think that will happen

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess would be that money talks and Kroenke makes a backdoor deal with Spanos and cuts him a huge break on rent at Inglewood? Or maybe lets him buy in a little bit. Both Kroenke and Spanos figure that it'd be the best shot for both of them to get the LA market since it looks like Davis is going to be shut out regardless.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. I'd have stronger language for my thoughts on that but know we're not in the negativity thread so I'll refrain.
I am sure @Retroram52 agrees, but there has been 'some' latitude given here in this thread because it's such a hot issue.

Normally calling the Rams owner a POS would call for a redirection to the Negativity thread.

Please, do as UVA has done here and use some discretion.

Thanks!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be that money talks and Kroenke makes a backdoor deal with Spanos and cuts him a huge break on rent at Inglewood? Or maybe lets him buy in a little bit. Both Kroenke and Spanos figure that it'd be the best shot for both of them to get the LA market since it looks like Davis is going to be shut out regardless.

Yeah I think the NFL forced Spanos hand. Basically saying if you want to get the LA you're going to have to team up with Stan because we like is palace. A lot of the other owners don't Like Mark Davis not really him but his dad. Al Davis screwed a lot of old time owners over and they haven't forgotten that. They don't want to see his son get rewarded with LA

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the NFL forced Spanos hand. Basically saying if you want to get the LA you're going to have to team up with Stan because we like is palace. A lot of the other owners don't Like Mark Davis not really him but his dad. Al Davis screwed a lot of old time owners over and they haven't forgotten that. They don't want to see his son get rewarded with LA

I definitely see this as a sins of the father type deal. While I don't think Mark has done anything wrong that I know of, people are going to hold it against him just because of who his dad is, which I think is unfair to him. But then again, since when has the NFL exactly been a fair league to begin with?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we just had a massive flood last week. I didn't hear anything about that and you know we would have. It will be something about the 100m being short... Hey stan you're spending 2billion in LA... maybe chip in 100m and problem solved.

But as for the $100 million that they're far apart on, that'd make too much sense to have Kroenke pay for it

That just makes me cringe, he wants to use his money for a stadium in Ingoewood but refuses to give a dime to help the public build a new stadium in St.Louis.
That's not what I'm reading...

Those costs would be included in the nearly $1 billion total cost. According to the Post-Dispatch, financing would come from the following sources:
  • $200 million from the National Football League’s loan program, most of which would likely be paid back by the team; as much as $250 million from Rams owner Stan Kroenke; and as much as $55 million in state tax credits.
  • About $130 million from the sale of personal seat licenses, which reserve specific seats for fans and are often necessary to buy season tickets.
  • As much as $350 million from the extension of the bonds at the Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams now play.

Without Stan making a sizable contribution, ($250M) the Riverfront Stadium is far from $100M away, more like $350M away. And these numbers are at a $1B stadium cost when in fact the true cost we've seen of late are more near the $1.3B to the 1.4B making the sort fall without Stan not the $100M as some of you are suggesting rather more like $650M to $750M.

That difference is right in the range ($700M) that the Arbitration Committee ruled to update the Dome.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I'm reading...

Those costs would be included in the nearly $1 billion total cost. According to the Post-Dispatch, financing would come from the following sources:
  • $200 million from the National Football League’s loan program, most of which would likely be paid back by the team; as much as $250 million from Rams owner Stan Kroenke; and as much as $55 million in state tax credits.
  • About $130 million from the sale of personal seat licenses, which reserve specific seats for fans and are often necessary to buy season tickets.
  • As much as $350 million from the extension of the bonds at the Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams now play.

Without Stan making a sizable contribution, ($250M) the Riverfront Stadium is far from $100M away, more like $350M away. And these numbers are at a $1B stadium cost when in fact the true cost we've seen of late are more near the $1.3B to the 1.4B making the sort fall without Stan not the $100M as some of you are suggesting rather more like $650M to $750M.

That difference is right in the range ($700M) that the Arbitration Committee ruled to update the Dome.

True but he is paying basically for the entire LA project. So 350 would have been nothing. Hell he's paying 550m to move out there.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if these monies are available:
  • $350M EJD bond extentions
  • $200M G4 Loan
  • $130M Personal Seat License
  • $55M State Tax Credits
Why can't St. Louis use these funds to upgrade the Dome? That's over the $700M required by the Arbitration Committee and would bind the Rams home in St. Louis contractually.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team in brand new riverfront digs....awesome
A team in brand new LA digs??????.....Priceless

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he is paying basically for the entire LA project. So 350 would have been nothing. Hell he's paying 550m to move out there.
It's just not what some of you have been saying, and that's the point. $350M is far from not spending a dime, no?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just not what some of you have been saying, and that's the point. $350M is far from not spending a dime, no?

350 is definitely a good chunk of money, I won't dispute that but it's only around 19% of what he's paying to get Inglewood done.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but inglewood is going to have an entire complex owned by him that is open game or no game....thats what this is really all about. losing a team sucks and no city deserves it but i dont see the rams staying in st louis.