• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA fans only show excitement if their team is a winner otherwise they won't buy tickets.
Where do you get that from?

Do you have any stats that affirm this from the last 20 years regarding the NFL?

It's BS, since it's a broad brush stroke, I know plenty of LA Rams fans who continue to this day to 'show excitement' for this franchise even through all the lean years of since the fall of the Greatest Show on Turf!

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA fans only show excitement if their team is a winner otherwise they won't buy tickets.

don't really have a horse in this race, but I reckon there is a lot of cities/fan bases that are like that. It just isn't exclusive to Los Angeles.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really have a horse in this race, but I reckon there is a lot of cities/fan bases that are like that. It just isn't exclusive to Los Angeles.

I would say Miami is another town like that. Both towns constantly have warm weather so when they have horrible teams, there will always be something else to do, so it's easy for those cities to be fickle with their sports teams.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll handle this a different way, since you think my statement is above the clouds, such as a 'rainbow'.

GNG, I'm an LA fan and I've shown excitement whether my LA or St Louis teams have been a winner. This makes your statement a broad brush stroke, like I said. Sorry you have a problem with being wrong, but in this instance you are.

I am working out season tickets amongst some LA Rams fans here in LA, so we can get our tickets all in the same area, and we are excited! Even without a team in the area, I think that shows a long term commitment and an extraordinary excitement for a losing team such as the St. Louis Rams. Again, sorry my friend but once again this shows your broad brush strokes are wrong.

I do know what you are saying though, you feel the old LA teams were not supported in the past. Those are lies that Georgia FrontAndRearie manipulated and fronted in the past for the casual fans to consume. We supported the Rams, hell we led the NFL in attendance for years! When we weren't lied too, lied by GF for those nauseating years, we were the jewel of the NFL in attendance!

Of the 49 years here in LA, she led this team to the gutter for those last 13! Those are the years everyone speaks of, those are the years we rebelled! Hell, some of us thought she was responsible for murdering our owner Carroll Rosenbloom!

God only knows the truth, but even the NFL owners blamed her for the teams misfortunes and downward turn and blocked her move to Baltimore because of it, and then again even in St. Louis, but Pete gave in towards the end and eventually awarded her the move to St. Louis with her threat of an anti-trust lawsuit.

Them are the facts and a lot of us old timers know the whole story.

Sorry if this is news to you.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hoped Steve Rosenbloom would have slipped the QI a serious cyanide mickie in her martini but it never materialized. Man those were painful years as a Rams fan!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get that from?

Do you have any stats that affirm this from the last 20 years regarding the NFL?

It's BS, since it's a broad brush stroke, I know plenty of LA Rams fans who continue to this day to 'show excitement' for this franchise even through all the lean years of since the fall of the Greatest Show on Turf!

If you go back and look at the attendance LA had less support with better teams then the 12 years of losing that St. Louis has had to deal with. I believe the rams sold out every game from 99 till 2006 here. Then some of the worst teams in history came about. It's really a dumb argument if the team is good it will be sold out. But I do think fans in LA lose interest faster hell I would too if I had a beach to go too lol. Not diehards like you guys I'm talking about the casual fan. The Lakers I think prove that point they have only my bad for a couple years now and they had to slash ticket prices dramatically. They haven't done that here in St. Louis with ram tickets.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big meetings going on right now! Bob Iger is going to give his presentation for the Carson project.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How time flies. This thread was made almost a year ago. The time has finally come, a decision.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How time flies. This thread was made almost a year ago. The time has finally come, a decision.

Yeah the amazing thing is The NFL has Three cities in limbo for over a year and even right now nobody even knows what's going to happen... that's just how screwed up and what a joke the NFL is. I guess really 4 cities of you count LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a simple decision. Rams and Chargers to LA. Al Davis used LA before as a bargaining tool to force a new stadium agreement out of Oakland; they shouldn't be allowed to pull that move twice. The NFL should just force Oakland to honor it's commitment of a new stadium. Can Davis Jr. even afford the $550M move fee?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the amazing thing is The NFL has Three cities in limbo for over a year and even right now nobody even knows what's going to happen... that's just how screwed up and what a joke the NFL is.
It should be a simple decision. Rams and Chargers to LA. Al Davis used LA before as a bargaining tool to force a new stadium agreement out of Oakland; they shouldn't be allowed to pull that move twice. The NFL should just force Oakland to honor it's commitment of a new stadium. Can Davis Jr. even afford the $550M move fee?

Well Oakland needs a new stadium more than anybody... but Chargers are playing in a 50-year-old stadium too. Stan was in a 20 year old stadium and shot down a brand-new one for him in STL. He moved out of LA to Cash in on a great lease plan in St. Louis to make a ton. now he wants to move back to make more money so my opinion is stan doesn't deserve to move anywhere.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seems Bob Iger made a good impression. The LA Committee selects Carson project 6 votes to 1. Now it will go to the owners vote. They need 24 votes for approval to move.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that the only thing everyone agrees on is that the Chargers are likely moving. As for the Rams and Raiders, nobody knows for certain.

As for Davis affording the fee, would Iger be helping out with that as well? :noidea:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the lawsuits begin!!! So the committee voted for the project headed by a guy the committee brought in ILLEGALLY... The NFL is really close to screwing itself REALLY badly!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the only thing everyone agrees on is that the Chargers are likely moving. As for the Rams and Raiders, nobody knows for certain.

As for Davis affording the fee, would Iger be helping out with that as well? :noidea:

I'm just glad so far Spanos hasn't given into stan and the NFL's pressure. I just think it would be hilarious for them to send Stan back to St. Louis for one more year. Spanos has stan by the balls though. Because The Chargers are moving to LA. Stan needs him. Therefore Spanos is calling the shots.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad so far Spanos hasn't given into stan and the NFL's pressure. I just think it would be hilarious for them to send Stan back to St. Louis for one more year. Spanos has stan by the balls though. Because The Chargers are moving to LA. Stan needs him. Therefore Spanos is calling the shots.

Nice try, but you're 100% wrong...Stan doesn't need anyone, he can move them even without approval if he wants, just try to stop him...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougie, it is amazing to watch you get a hold of something you want to believe and then repeat it over and over and hope it becomes reality. LTR is closer to the truth despite your desire to make Stan pay for stiffing the fans and city of St Louis. Stan doesn't need anybody. Period.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try, but you're 100% wrong...Stan doesn't need anyone, he can move them even without approval if he wants, just try to stop him...

If he gets hung out to dry, I could see this happening. Stan will pull an Al Davis and move anyway.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that. The NFL has measures in place. it's not like it used to be.