• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like LA is a go...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shad Kahn would have been a better owner for sure and he was committed to keeping the Rams in St. Louis, he made that very clear when he was in running for the 60% ownership of the Rams from the Rosenbloom's. Stan felt threatened by this because he wouldn't be in full control of the Rams so he exercised a clause that allowed him to match the proposed bid. So now Stan has want he wants... full ownership of the Rams which is something he never had before.

And the Jacksonville Jaguars are a franchise that is moving forward. They drafted a QB named Bortles who gad a good year and they will be looking to capitalize on that next year. They are giving Gus Bradley the time he needs to build and construct a team that will succeed in the long run.

The Rams are still in rebuilding mode... We don't know who our starting QB will be in 2016 and we need more offensive threats to open the field.

I still think that Stan wouldn't have received as much of a fight if he had let Shad buy the Rams. He then could've easily bought the Jags, not made any improvement to the team or stadium and say "hey, they care more about college football in Jacksonville than the NFL, we deserve one of the spots in Los Angeles." I think the league would've looked at that situation and agreed with him and let him move. Win-Win situation for everyone, except the few Jags fans in Jacksonville.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that Stan wouldn't have received as much of a fight if he had let Shad buy the Rams. He then could've easily bought the Jags, not made any improvement to the team or stadium and say "hey, they care more about college football in Jacksonville than the NFL, we deserve one of the spots in Los Angeles." I think the league would've looked at that situation and agreed with him and let him move. Win-Win situation for everyone, except the few Jags fans in Jacksonville.
more jags fans than rams by the stats.....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more jags fans than rams by the stats.....

From what a friend has said numerous times that's been to their games, the people that attend their games are more interested in talking about the Gators than they are talking about the Jags.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I believe St. Louis will be in the right here. I believe in the end they will have done everything they were suppose to do to keep the team. I just don't think it will matter.

Exactly Ozark. And remember the city approved 500m of public money!! So what happens when another owner say in Tampa needs some renovation to the stadium and they need to go to a the politicians to get 300 million? The state might just say will look at all the work St. Louis did... they got that approved and you guys just screwed them anyway why should we go out on a limb and piss people off that don't even like sports. Hopefully it will come back to haunt the owners

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how silent he's been the past few years after even saying years ago about how he was going to do all he could to keep the team in St. Louis was definitely foreshadowing his true intentions and that the guy was a lying POS. So honestly, him not meeting the mayor doesn't surprise me one bit.

It was even worse than that. He actually acted offended that the reporter even asked him that about moving out of St. Louis he said I'm a Missouri man why would I ever do that.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was amazed that Stan had never once met the mayor.

That was hilarious the mayors like I've never met him. in Stans defdnse he's only been the mayor since 2002. :L

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was even worse than that. He actually acted offended that the reporter even asked him that about moving out of St. Louis he said I'm a Missouri man why would I ever do that.

Wasn't it Bernie Miklasz that asked it?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell calls NFL stadium proposals in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego 'unsatisfactory'
Sam Farmer and Nathan FennoContact Reporters

The proposed stadium solutions in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego are "unsatisfactory and inadequate" to keep the Raiders, Rams and Chargers in their home markets, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a report distributed Saturday to all 32 teams.

The contents of the 48-page report were disclosed to The Times by someone who has seen it but is not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The intent of the report is to establish facts about the home markets, as the league views them, heading into a special meeting in Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday to resolve the two-decade L.A. vacancy. The report does not give teams the green light to move to Los Angeles — that will be determined by owners' voting — but establishes that the home markets have failed to provide stadium solutions.

350x197.jpg
Will the NFL return to Los Angeles?
In the report, Goodell said that each home market had "ample opportunity but did not develop their proposals sufficiently to ensure the retention of its NFL team."

The report says none of the three clubs has received a stadium proposal that is free of any contingencies and presents a viable long-term solution.

On Monday, the first day they were eligible, each of the three teams submitted relocation applications the league.

Earlier this week at league headquarters in New York, the stadium, finance and L.A. committees discussed those applications and met with the backers of each project. The Chargers and Raiders have teamed to propose a stadium in Carson; the Rams want to build a stadium in Inglewood.

Join the conversation on Facebook >>

San Diego's concept of a $1.1-billion stadium on the Mission Valley site of the current Qualcomm Stadium is contingent on a public vote in June.

The report says that none of the three teams would be breaking its lease by moving from its current market, and that market research supports the conclusion that the L.A. area is capable of supporting two teams.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Attachments

• 70x70.jpg
    70x70.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 70x70.jpg
    70x70.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 70x70.jpg
    70x70.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 11

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell calls NFL stadium proposals in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego 'unsatisfactory'
Sam Farmer and Nathan FennoContact Reporters

The proposed stadium solutions in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego are "unsatisfactory and inadequate" to keep the Raiders, Rams and Chargers in their home markets, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a report distributed Saturday to all 32 teams.

The contents of the 48-page report were disclosed to The Times by someone who has seen it but is not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The intent of the report is to establish facts about the home markets, as the league views them, heading into a special meeting in Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday to resolve the two-decade L.A. vacancy. The report does not give teams the green light to move to Los Angeles — that will be determined by owners' voting — but establishes that the home markets have failed to provide stadium solutions.

View attachment 75270
Will the NFL return to Los Angeles?
In the report, Goodell said that each home market had "ample opportunity but did not develop their proposals sufficiently to ensure the retention of its NFL team."

The report says none of the three clubs has received a stadium proposal that is free of any contingencies and presents a viable long-term solution.

On Monday, the first day they were eligible, each of the three teams submitted relocation applications the league.

Earlier this week at league headquarters in New York, the stadium, finance and L.A. committees discussed those applications and met with the backers of each project. The Chargers and Raiders have teamed to propose a stadium in Carson; the Rams want to build a stadium in Inglewood.