• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Kap got a deal

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43s Most unique aspect of Colin Kaepernick’s new deal: it contains $12 million in signing bonus, whereas most big QB deals are $24-$40 million.

54s
Colin Kaepernick specifically requested his deal allow 49ers flexibility to negotiate extensions with players such as WR Michael Crabtree.

That's great, that should allow people to rest a little easier. Nice move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea a good leader where as Davis might be sitting out a while from what I just read

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said maybe the seattle game but hard to call it a melt down when he was the offense and hard to call it a melt down when he almost made the biggest come back in the history of the NFL. U are reaching bro.

He was clutch against GB(2 games) and a nice game winning drive against Atlanta. Also played well against Car. This out ways his so so game against seattle(by the way P. Manning did far worse) and a super bowl loss where he played great.

Agreed. But those were not the two biggest games of his career which is when I said he melted down. His early turnovers and his panic stricken throw to Crabtree at the end of the Seattle game just killed them. As for his inexcusable failure in the last few plays of the Super Bowl when he locked on Crabtree, that was just abysmal; a complete choke job. There is just no getting around it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best but it's damn good. I would take. Healthy Julio and Roddy or Marshall and Jeffrey

I suppose I might as well, but those are only two-player combos. The 49ers have 4 excellent targets for Kaepernick.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. But those were not the two biggest games of his career which is when I said he melted down. His early turnovers and his panic stricken throw to Crabtree at the end of the Seattle game just killed them. As for his inexcusable failure in the last few plays of the Super Bowl when he locked on Crabtree, that was just abysmal; a complete choke job. There is just no getting around it.

Why is the NFC Championship game vs Seattle a bigger game than the NFC Championship game vs Atlanta? The only difference is that we won in Atlanta, so there was a bigger game that season. The Seattle game and Atl game have to be considered equals.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've owned the Packers recently and a big big part of that is Kaep.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the GB playoff game where he almost ran for 200 yards, what about going into ATL and CAR and winning both games? He is a bad ass and has only been starting less then 2 years and has never had 2 good WR at the same time healthy. His legs almost beat Seattle, do you remember the jump throw from 30 yards to boldin in the 2nd half? Can't name another QB in the NFL that could have done that. If cutler and romo get about $18 per year then a guy like Kap who has been to back 2 back title games and a SB in 2 seasons deserves just as much. Oh and he is a leader on the field and took less signing bonus $ to try and get Crabtree resigned. It was a no brainier and a great decision by our front office.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Kaep asked that his deal be structured in a way that allows the team to extend other players. This would be excellent news if true.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were other huge plays in the Seattle game. I seem to recall our safeties getting burned by Lynch on a long run for a TD as one example.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've owned the Packers recently and a big big part of that is Kaep.

Yes one game he goes for 185 yards rushing then 1st game this year he throws for over 400 with 1 damn WR, people don't have a clue and just want to hate. They can go root for Alex smith average arm and athletic ability then, can't wait to see what people say when they see smith wanting $16 mil per year from the chiefs. The $18mil to Kap doesn't look so bad does it? What do you think Andrew Luck or Cam Newton will get? What about Wilson or RG3? You need a good QB in this league and we have a stud, you pay him like the stud he is, end of discussion

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Y! SPORTS

The most prominent reason for the Niners' certainty was Kaepernick's last game, an NFC championship loss in Seattle. Kaepernick gave the Seahawks more trouble in a hostile environment than Peyton Manning did on a neutral field in a Super Bowl blowout two weeks later. While Seattle looked dominant against the NFL's MVP and one of the best passers of all time, the league's best defense looked vulnerable at times against Kaepernick.

I thought this kind of went along with the current direction of this thread...

It's all about perspective, I guess...

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Y! SPORTS

The most prominent reason for the Niners' certainty was Kaepernick's last game, an NFC championship loss in Seattle. Kaepernick gave the Seahawks more trouble in a hostile environment than Peyton Manning did on a neutral field in a Super Bowl blowout two weeks later. While Seattle looked dominant against the NFL's MVP and one of the best passers of all time, the league's best defense looked vulnerable at times against Kaepernick.

Everyone knew this after watching the Super Bowl. But many choose to ignore it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Kaep asked that his deal be structured in a way that allows the team to extend other players. This would be excellent news if true.

Schefter said that's true, he took a 12 mil signing bonus, far less than the usual bonus, specifically so that the team could try to sign Crab and Iupati.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Just as I said today, even the Seattle DB's said after the game how damn good Kap is and how hard he is to rattle

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter said that's true, he took a 12 mil signing bonus, far less than the usual bonus, specifically so that the team could try to sign Crab and Iupati.

Excellent news. Surprisingly enough he appears to be a team player.