• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at the standings...

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I had to pinch myself. We're the only team in the NFL with just one loss?
Shouldn't we then be #2 to the only undefeated team (GB) in the power rankings? Or do the Steelers or maybe the Ravens get that spot on the strength of their schedule and division?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had to pinch myself. We're the only team in the NFL with just one loss?
Shouldn't we then be #2 to the only undefeated team (GB) in the power rankings? Or do the Steelers or maybe the Ravens get that spot on the strength of their schedule and division?

IMO we're not the second best team in the NFL. go ahead and continue to rank us lower, no problem here.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we're not the second best team in the NFL. go ahead and continue to rank us lower, no problem here.

agreed I think the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, and maybe Ravens (excited for that game), are all better then us. And even after today I say the Saints maybe also.

I think we are better then Chargers, Bills, Lions, Falcons, and the Giants.

I do think that if the Eagles played there best game against are best game that they would beat us.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'd smack the eagles in the mouth and they'd go crying to mommy. no contest there

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were have the 2nd best record in all of football and we could be 7-0 if we didnt blow the cowboys game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of this is that we play Baltimore and Pitt at some point in the season....

I'd say no lower than #3.... probably a case for #2, but #3 sounds right.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have the 2nd best record in all of football and we could be 7-0 if we didnt blow the cowboys game

With three 4th Qtr comebacks and two returns for TD's against a dominating tide shift vs. Seattle, we are as much lucky to be 6-1 as we are good.

We could easily be 4-3 or even 3-4 right now. Don't take my comment negatively, I am proud of where we are and what we have accomplished thus far, but we are a long way from being as dominate as having the second best record in football makes it sound.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why wins vs the NYG, Ravens, Pitt will change heads both for outside media perspectives and in our very own locker room.

It's a great test for our guys... Ravens are somewhat in a flux state, hopefully they don't recover by Thanksgiving.

Pitt can load up for an incredible showdown in SF come 12/19(something I may be tempted to come visit for....(if work allows)) and that game should get the niners into playoff mode one way or the other.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that. The niners have given up fewer points than the ravens

Ravens have given up exactly 3 more points. That's not per game, 3 more points the whole seeaon, and 14 of them yesterday were on the St's and a turnover giving AZ 1st and goal. Baltimore gives up far less points per game and beyond stats, they are actually scarier. We're getting there but not there yet.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Power rankings and stats don't mean nothing to me....All i care about is that my team the ((49ers)) win on sunday....WE ARE A TEAM OF 53 MAN and harbaugh coached them up to believe that and that is why we will win the super bowl this year..Look out green bay here we come..Gore is going to run it down your throats and Alex smith will finally show these non believers that he is able to win the big game and that we didn't make a mistake by drafting him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With three 4th Qtr comebacks and two returns for TD's against a dominating tide shift vs. Seattle, we are as much lucky to be 6-1 as we are good.

We could easily be 4-3 or even 3-4 right now. Don't take my comment negatively, I am proud of where we are and what we have accomplished thus far, but we are a long way from being as dominate as having the second best record in football makes it sound.

Bad teams don't make fourth-quarter comebacks, though (as we know all too well). The Niners got somewhat lucky in the Eagles game with the Ronnie Brown fumble and some shaky FG kicking, but they put themselves in a position to win that game. I can't say they got "lucky" in any of the others. They just made the plays they needed to to win.

Now, is this team the second-best in the league? I wouldn't say that. But they've played a pretty tough schedule to date and have emerged 6-1 with the only loss in OT. I think there's a strong argument for placing them second in the power rankings. The Steelers are 2-2 on the road, and their wins came against the Cards and Colts. The Pats' D has been very shaky at times. Baltimore got manhandled by the Jags and then almost lost at home to Arizona.

Our D and STs are as good as any in the league right now, and our running game has been great the past couple weeks. Now, our glaring hole happens to be at the most important position, but we might be the most consistently solid all-around team in the league through seven games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Power rankings and stats don't mean nothing to me....All i care about is that my team the ((49ers)) win on Sunday....WE ARE A TEAM OF 53 MEN and harbaugh coached them up to believe that and that is why we will win the super bowl this year..Look out green bay here we come..Gore is going to run it down your throats and Alex smith will finally show these non believers that he is able to win the big game and that we didn't make a mistake by drafting him.

:csb: :burt:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ravens have given up exactly 3 more points. That's not per game, 3 more points the whole seeaon, and 14 of them yesterday were on the St's and a turnover giving AZ 1st and goal. Baltimore gives up far less points per game and beyond stats, they are actually scarier. We're getting there but not there yet.

I'm not following that statement. Both teams have had their byes. The Niners have given up fewer points. Are you talking about solely the defense? Even if we eliminate defensive and STs points from consideration, the Ravens are allowing what, two or three fewer points per game? I wouldn't call that "far less."

And in terms of opponents, the Niners have played the 4th, 9th, 12th, 18th, 24th, 27th and 28th scoring teams. The Ravens have played the 8th, 11th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 31st and 32nd scoring teams. So the Niners have faced the more challenging schedule. The Ravens have a great D, but so do the Niners the way they've been playing over the past few weeks.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, the 49ers were 1-6 after 7 games. They also had a 5 game losing streak.

A 12 game swing in W column. Currently riding a 5 game WIN Streak!!!!!!

180 degreeeeeeeeesss

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not following that statement. Both teams have had their byes. The Niners have given up fewer points. Are you talking about solely the defense? Even if we eliminate defensive and STs points from consideration, the Ravens are allowing what, two or three fewer points per game? I wouldn't call that "far less."

And in terms of opponents, the Niners have played the 4th, 9th, 12th, 18th, 24th, 27th and 28th scoring teams. The Ravens have played the 8th, 11th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 31st and 32nd scoring teams. So the Niners have faced the more challenging schedule. The Ravens have a great D, but so do the Niners the way they've been playing over the past few weeks.

I just thought of another relevant fact when looking at that ranking of opponents' offenses: the Niners played the 4th, 9th, and 12th scoring teams on the road. The Ravens faced the 8th, 11th, 19th and 21st scoring teams at home, with crowd noise in their favor. The Niners have faced their toughest defensive challenges on the road and have responded. The Ravens have gotten their toughest challenges at home.

I'm not saying the Niners have a better D necessarily, but it's certainly a discussion IMO.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i am ecstatic about how well we have done this year but i still have major concerns.
the seattle game could have been a loss had ginn not pulled out the double miracle.
lost to dallas in ot.
beat cinci by 5 in an ugly game. one big play from aj green and we lose
philly beat themselves more than we beat them. we'd be in trouble if we played them again tomorrow
smoked tampa.
beat the lions on a 4th down. we were just inches from losing.
beat the browns by 10. we were in control for most of the game. i feel harbaugh held back a little knowing they were dominating most aspects of the game.

so at worst i think we could be 2-5. at best, 7-0. that's a huge swing and i don't think we should feel so confident. yes we play seattle/arizona/st. louis 5 more times, but all of these teams have put up some good fights against very good teams. the rams just destroyed the saints!
by no means are we a lock for the playoffs. if the first seven games are any indication, we could end up winning the next 7-9 games, but we could easily lose about 7-8 games too and be in jeopardy of losing out on the playoffs if seattle or arizona make a run.
i'd still put my money on the niners but by no means are we a lock for anything at this point. the #2 ranking that everyone is clamoring about is ridiculous and i hope our players remain humbled and not cocky from all this hype.