• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at the standings...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting at #2...boy it feels good.... watch we drop out of the top 10 on our(if) next loss of the season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our pass D is not that bad. Basically, we've allowed a couple big passing plays but otherwise we've been quite solid. We're 21st in the league in passing yards, but 8th in opponent rating and tied for 7th in sacks despite having the bye. Our pass D is not bad this year.

And SF is 4th in their pass defense rankings here:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

The old eye test, to me at least, doesn't make me feel like they have the 4th best pass defense in the league, but I'm just passing along some more advanced numbers.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco is having a great turnaround and the D is very good. Gore is a beast and Smith has turned into a solid ( if unspectacular) game manager. I think you guys could easily win 11-12 game. That said, in a 1 game playoff scenario, I think there are quite a few teams I would take ahead of SF. Packers, Saints, Falcons for sure. Id put you guys on the next level with Giants, Eagles, Lions, Bears in the NFC. I have SF at number 4 in my power ratings right now but thats not indicative of who Id take in a playoff game with all the chips on the line.

Not so sure I would take Atlanta over the Niners. And the Saints is a toss up right now.