• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Longhorns Super Bowl winning candidates

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Dantonio not get more mentions?
Catholics FTW.

People are leery on him because of his age, he will be 58 before next season.

I am perfectly fine with no one looking at him. I want to keep him as long as he wants to stay and when he leaves, Narduzzi steps in and takes over.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY think Texas needs to throw 7 million at David Shaw and see just how much he really loves his alma mater. That would more than double his salary.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wanting these pro head coaches.. :doh:

College ball is a whole different animal, people. Your Mike Tomlins and John Grudens of the world aren't going to be great college HCs wimply because they have a superb owl ring on their finger.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Neither were very good. Callahan was a head coach in the NFL for 2 seasons. Hardly fit the mold. I actually think Sherman was responsible for much of the A&M success recently. He got screwed over. How about Carroll? Mora? Coughlin? Most of the problem is that colleges hire NFL retreads. I really can not remember a NFL guy leaving their HC position to take a HC job in college. Fired guys, I remember.

Sherman sucked as a College Coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman sucked as a College Coach.
-
Computers really loved his last team. Lot of heart breaking loses. He completely restocked A&M. 2012 featured one of the best OLs in the country. That is 100% due to Sherman. Manziel? Sherman. Evans? Sherman. Guy has a hell of an eye for talent and can develop OL. That is not really questionable. He inherited a complete mess and his players have been the cornerstone of the program. I would bet he would have done quite well last yr if he was given the chance. He took a lot of lumps with young kids and never got the chance to see them as Juniors and Seniors. He deserved better than to be hired in a recruits driveway.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Computers really loved his last team. Lot of heart breaking loses. He completely restocked A&M. 2012 featured one of the best OLs in the country. That is 100% due to Sherman. Manziel? Sherman. Evans? Sherman. Guy has a hell of an eye for talent and can develop OL. That is not really questionable. He inherited a complete mess and his players have been the cornerstone of the program. I would bet he would have done quite well last yr if he was given the chance. He took a lot of lumps with young kids and never got the chance to see them as Juniors and Seniors. He deserved better than to be hired in a recruits driveway.

Sure he could spot NFL talent on the offensive side but no talent or enough of it on defense and everyone questioned his play calling and I heard rumours that he did not support A&M's move to the SEC.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Yeah Sherman could recuit offensive talent. Too bad he couldn't motivate his team, demand that get in shape (strength and conditioning was a joke at A&M during his tenure), or make half time adjustments. I liked the guy, but he wasn't getting it done. Still, you are correct, his firing was handled very poorly. I knew when they were calling a meeting to decide his fate, he was gone. When the sorry SOB that leaked the story to the reporter and the story broke, I was pissed. Leaking the story was classless. He did take over a terrible program that should have run coach Sham out of town at least 2 years before they did and did stock the shelves but I don't think he could have done what Sumlin has done.