• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Long-term OF choices

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have Reddick who has been struggling this year. L. Cain is currently on waivers. Schierholtz, G. Jones, Hicks are also available in the FA pool. Would you drop Reddick for any of these guys in a 12 team h2h dynasty league? I understand Reddick can hit HR's and steal a handful of SB's but his .AVG stinks. What type of HR potential does Cain have? 15 at most? but he will have a better .AVG. Any advice is appreciated. I have Eaton on my DL so once he is back I will likely try to trade one of many of my OF's. Cutch, Jones, Craig, Gomez, Reddick (current OF)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have Reddick who has been struggling this year. L. Cain is currently on waivers. Schierholtz, G. Jones, Hicks are also available in the FA pool. Would you drop Reddick for any of these guys in a 12 team h2h dynasty league? I understand Reddick can hit HR's and steal a handful of SB's but his .AVG stinks. What type of HR potential does Cain have? 15 at most? but he will have a better .AVG. Any advice is appreciated. I have Eaton on my DL so once he is back I will likely try to trade one of many of my OF's. Cutch, Jones, Craig, Gomez, Reddick (current OF)

or add Bourjos?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're gaining much by adding Cain for Reddick. Especially after lastnight's marathon game, Crisp and Young might miss some time. If Cain starts stealing bases, then I might rethink it, but as of now, I wouldn't cut Reddick.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you're looking at who'll likely be better in 2014, 2015, etc then maybe make a move. Bourjos is a nice upside play too. Reddick has been unlucky so far with the batting average, but he was a sell candidate with the OAK outfield overcrowding situation at the season's onset. I think 7 of their OFs did get hurt last night though.
All in all.....
I don't think you're gaining much by adding Cain for Reddick

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't drop Reddick for any of those guys you listed. His BA will hover in the .250 area, but his counting stats are what make his value. For that reason I put him above Cain.
If I had to rank the 3 guys you mentioned for long term value it would be a tossup between Reddick & Bourjos for first, but I put both ahead of Cain.

And when Eaton comes off the DL and it comes time to trade one of your outfielders, I shouldn't be McCutchen, Jones or Craig if you play with 4 outfielders (I don't remember how many you use from your previous post).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't drop Reddick for any of those guys you listed. His BA will hover in the .250 area, but his counting stats are what make his value. For that reason I put him above Cain.
If I had to rank the 3 guys you mentioned for long term value it would be a tossup between Reddick & Bourjos for first, but I put both ahead of Cain.

And when Eaton comes off the DL and it comes time to trade one of your outfielders, I shouldn't be McCutchen, Jones or Craig if you play with 4 outfielders (I don't remember how many you use from your previous post).

We use 3 OF's. 3 Util spots. Currently I have Craig, Cutch, Jones... Gomez, Buck, Rosario @ Util spots.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered Todd Frazier for Gomez tonight but I don't think I can do this trade.

Once Eaton gets back I will probably use Gomez, Eaton, Rosario or Moustakas in my Util spots and then Buck, Espinosa, Reddick (if I can't trade an OF I will likely just drop Reddick) just to fill in for players who take days off. I have Zimmerman coming off the DL this weekend also so I am going to have to drop another player likely a streamer spot.

Leonys Martin, Cain, Andrelton Simmons, N. Walker, Bourjos, Ozuna, Gose, Gregorius, Seth Smith, Avisail Garcia (who I really like most) are the guys I am watching but I can't because I have no room. I don't think any of these guys are or will be better than what I currently have (including Reddick) unless their is something I am not seeing. My only option is trading Santana for SPing (if I can find someone to give me what he is worth) and move Rosario to C spot and have Gomez, Eaton, Moustakas at the 3 Util spots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered Todd Frazier for Gomez tonight but I don't think I can do this trade.

Once Eaton gets back I will probably use Gomez, Eaton, Rosario or Moustakas in my Util spots and then Buck, Espinosa, Reddick (if I can't trade an OF I will likely just drop Reddick) just to fill in for players who take days off. I have Zimmerman coming off the DL this weekend also so I am going to have to drop another player likely a streamer spot.

Leonys Martin, Cain, Andrelton Simmons, N. Walker, Bourjos, Ozuna, Gose, Gregorius, Seth Smith, Avisail Garcia (who I really like most) are the guys I am watching but I can't because I have no room. I don't think any of these guys are or will be better than what I currently have (including Reddick) unless their is something I am not seeing. My only option is trading Santana for SPing (if I can find someone to give me what he is worth) and move Rosario to C spot and have Gomez, Eaton, Moustakas at the 3 Util spots.

I would take that trade in a second. Frazier is better than Gomes, can fill in at multiple positions and has more trade value than Gomes (who had a career year and nothing more). Gomes may have speed but don't buy into the numbers he put up last year. Take the trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that trade in a second. Frazier is better than Gomes, can fill in at multiple positions and has more trade value than Gomes (who had a career year and nothing more). Gomes may have speed but don't buy into the numbers he put up last year. Take the trade.

Hehe. Well if I take it I am going to have Moustakas, Zimmerman and Frazier for 3B (also eligible @ 1B for probably this year only).

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's for a utility spot anyway. Take the better bat. PLUS, when the time comes you'll have a guy at a premium position for when:
A) Moustakas rides your pine
B) Zimmerman gets hurt
C) Someone else needs a 3B

Get Simmons back too btw, although I'd be surprised if he was claimed with a high waiver selection.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's for a utility spot anyway. Take the better bat. PLUS, when the time comes you'll have a guy at a premium position for when:
A) Moustakas rides your pine
B) Zimmerman gets hurt
C) Someone else needs a 3B

Get Simmons back too btw, although I'd be surprised if he was claimed with a high waiver selection.

Ye he was claimed. Also I see Espinosa is not playing in favor of Lombardozzi the next 2 games. Could this be him possibly losing his job to Lombo?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I was offered Frazier or Matt Carpenter for Gomez. I of course want the best value now and long term.

I will keep you all up to date on who else I may get offered.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my 12 team H2H keeper league Simmons is a f/a despite the fact we have a 25 man roster, 3 DL slots and 2 N/A slots.

*sniff sniff* I smell Dee Gordon.

So far I was offered Frazier or Matt Carpenter for Gomez. I of course want the best value now and long term.
I will keep you all up to date on who else I may get offered.

I would still take Frazier over Gomez.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think he can do what he did last year?

40+ sb? 100+runs, 20+hr?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you need to move your ars and pick him up then Rev :D

I'm assuming no MI?
I'm gonna have to find a pic of Andrelton with a cape. Only thing that gets anyone's attention haha!
My Prediction: as soon as mid-2014, Simmons becomes a better keeper than Andrus. (I wouldn't do an even swap today btw)
But in leagues with no MI, and if you're sitting on Tulo with 6 SPs on your bench (because scoring system flawed ha!) ,then I can understand not jumping. Me, I'd deal Tulo to fill a need and grab Simmons :P

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Gomes did those numbers.
I'm on road , going blind here...but I think you might be off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Gomez did 72r, 19hr, 51rbi, 37sb, .260avg in 415 AB
I dont have Tulo. I have Rollins and Espinosa as a backup. Simmons is already gone. I dropped him and he has been claimed.