• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't usually ask for advice, but...

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably just 'punt' on steals. Don't worry about them. Happened to me in a 14 team league, missed out on saves but I'm strong everywhere else, pretty much tied for 1st. Getting some marginal guy to get you a few steals ain't gonna help you anyway from the looks of it.

When is the last time you punted a category and won in roto? It's not a good philosophy even if you can finish bottom 2nd or 3rd in that category.....

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time you punted a category and won in roto? It's not a good philosophy even if you can finish bottom 2nd or 3rd in that category.....

I agree it's not a good philosophy going in but again seems to late for him. He will still finish near the bottom in steals. And he dropped a good catcher now...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!!!!......and yes, we did let this happen.....I protested of course, because I was the #1 waiver priority and the most to benefit, but accidentally dropping the wrong guy and then trying to blame your daughter for doing it is absolutely lame.......

He could have at least been a little more inventive and blamed it on an earthquake or something. Just so I understand this, the guy was allowed to take Rosario back?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not normally one to ask advice either, but I have a question.....

How long is it acceptable to fuck with a guy in a 2 catcher league that his two catchers were Wilin Rosario and AJ Ellis dropping Rosario to add Ianetta and then blaming his toddler daughter for making the transaction so all us forgiving Nebraskan's would be understanding for this Iowan and cancel his fuck up???

And yes, I had #1 waiver priority in the league and was giddy as a mofo at potentially adding Rosario......

No way his daughter "accidentally" dropped Rosario, while picking up the best available replacement off the free agency just by fucking with his tablet punching buttons thinking it's a game.......:laugh3:

This is probably the same guy that used the excuse of "My dog ate my homework" when he was in school. :lame:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did De Aza clear waivers? Not that you have anything I'd drop for him especially since you added Davis, but just curious.......

Yes. He got claimed. The guy who had third priority was practically begging me to let him go as he needed a solid all around OF. I know Davis will not play every day, but when he does he will help a lot more than De Aza.

As for the Rosario guy, that is pretty amazing that he would get dropped in a 2 C league. If it truly was his toddler daughter's fault, then I would say he learned a valuable lesson.

Never leave your fantasy team page up on a computer where anybody could mess with it, either on purpose or by accident. I don't even let my wife near my team pages, let alone my kids.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably just 'punt' on steals. Don't worry about them. Happened to me in a 14 team league, missed out on saves but I'm strong everywhere else, pretty much tied for 1st. Getting some marginal guy to get you a few steals ain't gonna help you anyway from the looks of it.

It isn't like I don't have any steals guys now. Marte should get me 30. Gomez should get 25-30 also with potential for more if they ever move him back up the order. Frazier will get 10-15, Hill should get about 10 and Tulo may get a handful too. That is 75 on the low side without Davis or any future trades.

Fact is, I have steals guys who are just starting a little slowly. Right now I keep bouncing between 2nd and 4th with 1 point in the SB category and I feel like my team should get 6-8 points in steals with 1 more burner.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have at least been a little more inventive and blamed it on an earthquake or something. Just so I understand this, the guy was allowed to take Rosario back?

Yep, the commissioner gave him back......

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the same guy that used the excuse of "My dog ate my homework" when he was in school. :lame:

:lol:

True story here, when I was in 5th grade (this was back in Nebraska) across from the school a guy had some goats and we would pet them through the fence......I had my homework sticking out of my folder and the goat actually ate my homework paper and I had to tell my teacher the goat ate my homework....Luckily there were plenty of witnesses to verify my story as they were all laughing at me while the goat was having his snack.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the commissioner gave him back......

What is it that they say about nice guys, and the position they tend to finish in competitions because of it?

Signed,

Nice guy in real life, not so much in fantasy and competitions.....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Tlance...wish I got to you sooner. I would have been dead set against dropping Gattis. Sure, you're in need of some steals, but I would have exhausted (and maybe you did) the trade option to the McCann owner...and WHHAAAATT??? Lucroy is on the ww? Pick him up now! I don't know why he gets no love, but I think he is a top five catcher, no doubt...yes, better than Perez.

I think you should be patient with the weather (the only reason I see SB down this year as a whole)... geesh, Bourjos doesn't have a steal yet!

Good luck.