• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lol to you mfs who like to bash Wilson

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw two bad picks (#2 and 3), but I'm not sure what else was "awful." Of his fifteen incompletions, at least five were drops (including two picks) and two were blown routes. Four were throwaways under pressure. That's 25 of his 29 throws on target. I guess you can subtract that great Lockette catch and make it 24.

24 of 29 on target was probably about the same as Rodgers if not a little better, and he did it under more pressure with smaller holes.

They dont care,that is the issue with some of these people.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw two bad picks (#2 and 3), but I'm not sure what else was "awful." Of his fifteen incompletions, at least five were drops (including two picks) and two were blown routes. Four were throwaways under pressure. That's 25 of his 29 throws on target. I guess you can subtract that great Lockette catch and make it 24.

24 of 29 on target was probably about the same as Rodgers if not a little better, and he did it under more pressure with smaller holes.

You sound a little desperate.....

How about he just had a pretty bad game

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's recap

1. Seahawks play probably the worst teams the final 7-8 games that I have ever seen to clinch home-field advantage

2. They play the 2nd ever sub-500 playoff team

3. They score a TD on a desperate fake FG pass attempt

4. They capitalize on an onside kick that went in and out of a GB player’s hands

5. Russell Wilson throws 4 INTs yet does what he always does, throwing up blind long balls and hail marys that come up complete, including the 2 point conversation

6. They are repeating as Super Bowl Champions because there is no way they ever lose

Miss anything here?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's recap

1. Seahawks play probably the worst teams the final 7-8 games that I have ever seen to clinch home-field advantage

2. They play the 2nd ever sub-500 playoff team

3. They score a TD on a desperate fake FG pass attempt

4. They capitalize on an onside kick that went in and out of a GB player’s hands

5. Russell Wilson throws 4 INTs yet does what he always does, throwing up blind long balls and hail marys that come up complete, including the 2 point conversation

6. They are repeating as Super Bowl Champions because there is no way they ever lose

Miss anything here?

Other than dat hyperbole with #5 and #6 you're more or less right. You did leave out the part where the defense held the highest scoring offense in the NFL to 22 points despite the Seattle offense and special teams turning the ball over 5 times.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is like the old Kobe. He could go 0-15 from the field, but he will not be scared to hit those clutch shots at the end.

That's what great players do!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So almost as many good throws as tears?

I really dislike player nut huggers in football. I know you're a Bear's fan and do understand that you need to hang on to any decent QB that plays or has played for a team you're a fan of, but you're taking nut hugging to a new level...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @boneheads still trying to bash Wilson. If it were Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. that played the exact type of game and still won, everyone would talk about how clutch and cold blooded they are.

Wilson does it and it's "the defense and Lynch won that game."

How about: the defense and Lynch kept them in it, Wilson made plays when he had to and the Seahawks as a team won?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So almost as many good throws as tears?

I really dislike player nut huggers in football. I know you're a Bear's fan and do understand that you need to hang on to any decent QB that plays or has played for a team you're a fan of, but you're taking nut hugging to a new level...

People can hate all they want. At the end of the day, I saw it coming. Considering the amount of sports heartbreak I've had from teams I didn't consciously choose, I'm not gonna feel bad about celebrating the wins of the guy I called being special when no one else did.

It's crazy to think that there was a time on SportsHoopla when people were mocking me for saying Russ would be an NFL starter. It's less than three years later and he is closing in Lombardi Trophy #2. I'm loving every minute of it, and I don't feel any shame.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of his new contract will he give to the best passer on his team...the punter?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@boneheads still trying to bash Wilson. If it were Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. that played the exact type of game and still won, everyone would talk about how clutch and cold blooded they are.

This is BS. Manning can play normally, lose a playoff game, and still be considered a choker.

Is it any wonder Wilson is getting bashed? Seahawk fans and media brag about Wilson beating Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees but they never compete. It is acceptable to throw out that ridiculous D when we are talking about QBs.

Wilson got bailed out by his defense and Lynch. He recovered towards the end of the game but that defense is what gave seahawks a chance. Bad games happen, accept it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's D should get the credit for yesterdays win. 0 QBR in the first half (granted the receivers didn't help him much).

You do have to give him credit for not packing it in (like some seahawks fans) after throwing 4 INTS

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is BS. Manning can play normally, lose a playoff game, and still be considered a choker.

Is it any wonder Wilson is getting bashed? Seahawk fans and media brag about Wilson beating Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees but they never compete. It is acceptable to throw out that ridiculous D when we are talking about QBs.

Wilson got bailed out by his defense and Lynch. He recovered towards the end of the game but that defense is what gave seahawks a chance. Bad games happen, accept it.

So, to summarize:

Wilson is still unbeaten vs. Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

He had a bad game, his teammates (specifically Lynch and the defense) kept them in the game.

When the game was on the line and the Seahawks needed him to make a few plays to win the game, he came through and made the plays.

That sounds an awful lot like a team win and Wilson being clutch to me.

And nice deflection on Manning playing a normal game and taking heat if the Broncos lose a playoff game. The example used was based on winning the playoff game despite playing poorly. If the Seahawks had lost, Wilson would be getting destroyed today and deservedly so.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, to summarize:

Wilson is still unbeaten vs. Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

He had a bad game, his teammates (specifically Lynch and the defense) kept them in the game.

When the game was on the line and the Seahawks needed him to make a few plays to win the game, he came through and made the plays.

That sounds an awful lot like a team win and Wilson being clutch to me.

Clutch is like pro bowl player or franchise player to me. Often used and mostly meaningless. With the way Lynch and the defense were playing, especially at the end, you could have let them finish the game. I don't think it is "clutch" that after looking like a dog turd, Wilson started making plays he is suppose to make.

I got nothing against the guy. I think he is at least a good QB and possibly great. I just don't get why people, especially seahawk fans, cite his record vs other QBs. They never play and they refuse to acknowledge the seahawks defense shuts down those QBs.

Like I said earlier, if the seahawks D was not as good as it is, Wilson never gets a chance to be "clutch". That game would have turned into a blowout.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played like crap and his late game heroics pulled the grade up from a F- to a D+ but you have to give him credit for pulling it together at the end. Those were two beautiful throws in a row to win it. Most QB's would have folded and moped. He stuck with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clutch is like pro bowl player or franchise player to me. Often used and mostly meaningless. With the way Lynch and the defense were playing, especially at the end, you could have let them finish the game. I don't think it is "clutch" that after looking like a dog turd, Wilson started making plays he is suppose to make.

I got nothing against the guy. I think he is at least a good QB and possibly great. I just don't get why people, especially seahawk fans, cite his record vs other QBs. They never play and they refuse to acknowledge the seahawks defense shuts down those QBs.

Like I said earlier, if the seahawks D was not as good as it is, Wilson never gets a chance to be "clutch". That game would have turned into a blowout.

You need a new definition of clutch then. Using a basketball example: Robert Horry has 7 championship rings. You can point to playoff and championship games in each of those seasons where he hit some of the most clutch shots in NBA history. Yet, he was never All-NBA, never an all-star and was never considered a franchise player. He just kept hitting the biggest shots in the biggest moments. That is clutch.

Eli Manning isn't anything close to Peyton as a quarterback. Yet, he has 2 Super Bowl rings to Peyton's 1 because he came up big in the playoffs twice while Peyton has consistently failed in the playoffs.

Plenty of other qb's throughout history have had their defense put them in position to be "clutch" and they haven't performed. Wilson did. Part of being "clutch" is being in position to be clutch, regardless of how you got into that position.

Bottom line, no matter what set of circumstances put him in that position, if Wilson misses just one of those plays, the Seahawks lose. He didn't and they won. He could have let the way he had played throughout the game get into his head and cause him hesitate and not make the play. He didn't. Like it or not, that is the very definition of "clutch".

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played like crap and his late game heroics pulled the grade up from a F- to a D+ but you have to give him credit for pulling it together at the end. Those were two beautiful throws in a row to win it. Most QB's would have folded and moped. He stuck with it.

Props for not being biased and seeing what really happened. He did stick with it and won the game in the end.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup just shows ya that a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then..

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup just shows ya that a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then..

I don't know about that. You've been posting here for a few years now and you still haven't produced anything worth reading.