• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lol, this is getting ridiculous

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston schools stop using ?Redskins? and other insensitive names | ProFootballTalk

Alright, so Redskins I understand, but Warriors and Rebels? You gotta be shitting me.

What's next? Is my 6'5" uncle gonna be offended by the name Giants? Should we change the Saints name for the sake of separation of church and...sports? Are Irish people offended by Notre Dame?

People really need to find better things to fight for.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nation is becoming so PC

I think people should stop calling it "PC." Should be called Politically Oversensitive (POS). Just say that [sanitized term] is the POS term for [insert real name]. We already know what POS really stands for. I feel it would be fitting that the politically oversensitive term therefore would be the politically oversensitive way of saying something was a piece of shit term. I don't like calling these stupid terms "correct."

Last edited by a moderator:

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The country is going more down the Escape from NY/LA route every day. Can't eat this,can't say that. ugh!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Houston schools stop using ?Redskins? and other insensitive names | ProFootballTalk

Alright, so Redskins I understand, but Warriors and Rebels? You gotta be shitting me.

What's next? Is my 6'5" uncle gonna be offended by the name Giants? Should we change the Saints name for the sake of separation of church and...sports? Are Irish people offended by Notre Dame?

And once again it's ProShoveOurAgendaDownYourThroatAndMaybeFootballTalk leading the charge with more non news that nobody really cares about.

dead-horse.gif

But seriously the Warriors and Rebels? How could anyone possibly get offended by those names? Guess I never really understood how racist and offended I should've been by this movie........

2246-the-warriors-52797_318291.jpg

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to butt in, but I said the same thing the other day.

I get redskins......change it, sure.

Rebels? Warriors? the fuck outtah here.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to watch "Blazing Saddles" every now and then to combat this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two cents and it's worth about that much.

Using "redskins" as a derogatory term or with negative intent by their fans in the NFL is totally absurd.

Now how other people feel about the word redskin in different contexts is debatable.

Warriors and rebels equally absurd.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There was also this yesterday... It is ESPN First Take but I mean really who has so little time on their hands to and who really cares in society today?

ESPN First Take: Three MLB Teams Don't Have Black Players, 'Can Baseball Stop This Trend?'

This is stupid as well.

The answer is obvious and that's because black youths aspire to be pro football or basketball players and not baseball players.

It's the same reason why we aren't a world power in soccer in that our best athletes aspire to play other sports.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stupid as well.

The answer is obvious and that's because black youths aspire to be pro football or basketball players and not baseball players.

It's the same reason why we aren't a world power in soccer in that our best athletes aspire to play other sports.

The worst part is that anyone who gets any air time will never question this PC crap at the risk of being fired and not brought back. It's a fucked up system.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of the, almost extinct, white basketball player in the NBA? :think:

Shock journalism and they can get away with taking any non-white side in these circumstances. If it was the other way around, you know, its racism.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shock journalism and they can get away with taking any non-white side in these circumstances. If it was the other way around, you know, its racism.

But of course. Hypocrisy abounds.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The country is going more down the Escape from NY/LA route every day. Can't eat this,can't say that. ugh!

More like San Angeles in Demolition Man, but you were on the right track.

Before long, your team will have to change its name, to keep from offending gold miners, and so will my own, in case there are any sensitive steel workers out there.

:tsk:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like San Angeles in Demolition Man, but you were on the right track.

Before long, your team will have to change its name, to keep from offending gold miners, and so will my own, in case there are any sensitive steel workers out there.

:tsk:

haha Good call with the Demolition Man reference. It really is heading in that direction. Someday, the Cleveland Browns will be named the 3 Seashells!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is a bit of a tough call for me. I've got to say, although I agree with you in terms of warriors, braves, etc., I can understand people getting upset about Rebels. That mascot hearkens to confederate soldiers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...__iOOrV2QX7xYFY&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=638

I've never personally had a particular problem with it, but I don't believe someone who is bothered by it is necessarily being overly sensitive given this nation's history.

Having said that, even as I was typing that, I can't help but thing that the English or Irish could get upset about a Viking mascot, or Muslims about a crusader mascot, or native Americans about a Pilgrim mascot, etc. There's definitely a slippery slope element down that road, but for whatever reason, rebel seems somewhat different to me.

Redskins is also in a different league because it's a slur. Again, I don't personally get outraged by it, but I can understand why people might.