• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest Schedules in College Football this season (List)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Michigan is the butt of jokes around here due to some of your fans. Not much more to it than that really.

It doesn't matter why you're talking about them. all that matters is everyone is done with all the Michigan hype but you just can't stop feeding it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter why you're talking about them. all that matters is everyone is done with all the Michigan hype but you just can't stop feeding it.
Michigan is the Kim Kardassian of college football. All hype, no substance, and everyone enjoys laughing at them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of your fans here never stop.

:wtf:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may have referenced it once before. Its going to be one hell of a first year for helton, Starting the year off with Alabama and Stanford early. A tough PAC schedule. And this is the year SC finishes with the ND and ULA rivalries back to back. USC is known to schedule tough schedules too tho. Like ND they have never played an FCS school

I'll believe that Helton is the answer when I see it. I'm thinking the schedule sinks him, then you guys need to go out and throw a bag of money at one of these up and comers.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is the Kim Kardassian of college football. All hype, no substance, and everyone enjoys laughing at them.

The difference is I would fuck Kim, but wouldn't tell my friends. I'd fuck Michigan and tell all my friends.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is I would fuck Kim, but wouldn't tell my friends. I'd fuck Michigan and tell all my friends.
Problem is she would release the sex tape "accidentally" and everyone would know that you nailed that wildebeest

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe that Helton is the answer when I see it. I'm thinking the schedule sinks him, then you guys need to go out and throw a bag of money at one of these up and comers.
I agree i wanted to see them go outside the box before the Helton hiring. I'm on a wait and see basis too. The talent is there. The coaching staff is still a question mark for me. A USC coaching job is a very attractive job imo. They could eventually see an up and comer or established coach with high credentials. Its Swann i have faith in.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree i wanted to see them go outside the box before the Helton hiring. I'm on a wait and see basis too. The talent is there. The coaching staff is still a question mark for me. A USC coaching job is a very attractive job imo. They could eventually see an up and comer or established coach with high credentials. Its Swann i have faith in.
Talent should always be a given though. If you are USC and don't have the talent, you are either on probation or just suck and need to be thrown out the door.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent should always be a given though. If you are USC and don't have the talent, you are either on probation or just suck and need to be thrown out the door.
I agree and even during the sanctions they had the talent, Which is why I'm not sold on Helton. I get the players like him. But with the talent they pull its a very tempting job.I would have liked to see them at least explore their options. But now its wait and see how helton does

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and even during the sanctions they had the talent, Which is why I'm not sold on Helton. I get the players like him. But with the talent they pull its a very tempting job.I would have liked to see them at least explore their options. But now its wait and see how helton does

Heck, you never now...maybe he is the up and comer. Either way I think they should go with newer talent. Not that there aren't established coaches out there that would jump at the job, but frankly I don't see any that would jump that are good enough for the job. I liked Petersen, but I think he has made his choice. Maybe a Tom Herman or P.J. Fleck.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think people under-estimate change and poor roster management. Texas is a prime example. This year will be 5 OCs in 5 years. On defense last year they had 4 DCs in 5 years. There is a reason the top teams tend to stay that way. That get talent and they have system stability. You dont want to go from zone blocking to power blocking. Pro offense to Spread. Every player's value changes a bit in a new system.Its a huge advantage to develop a player for 4 years with the same goal with minor adjustments, compared to teaching brand new techniques and assignments ever year or so.

I am not too familiar with USC, but like Texas they have holes. Texas had good classes, but under-recruited OL and DL over the years. Texas was forced to take 6 DL last year. They are talented, but 18 yr old talent is not the same as 21 year old talent. I believe USC is facingthat same issue on the DL. It is 1 issue I have with class rankings. I have seen Texas get top 10 rankings with classes with 2 OL or 1 DL in it. There is a big difference between usable talent and overall class rankings.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people under-estimate change and poor roster management. Texas is a prime example. This year will be 5 OCs in 5 years. On defense last year they had 4 DCs in 5 years. There is a reason the top teams tend to stay that way. That get talent and they have system stability. You dont want to go from zone blocking to power blocking. Pro offense to Spread. Every player's value changes a bit in a new system.Its a huge advantage to develop a player for 4 years with the same goal with minor adjustments, compared to teaching brand new techniques and assignments ever year or so.

I am not too familiar with USC, but like Texas they have holes. Texas had good classes, but under-recruited OL and DL over the years. Texas was forced to take 6 DL last year. They are talented, but 18 yr old talent is not the same as 21 year old talent. I believe USC is facingthat same issue on the DL. It is 1 issue I have with class rankings. I have seen Texas get top 10 rankings with classes with 2 OL or 1 DL in it. There is a big difference between usable talent and overall class rankings.

I don't think the change in OC's and DC's is that uncommon. Nick Saban Has had Kirby Smart for ever, but I think that is unusual. When a team is winning everyone comes in and tries to hire their assistant coaches. I have no stats to back that up, but I'd be surprised if there were many programs that have been strong over a long period of time without their Assistants being hired to run other teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the change in OC's and DC's is that uncommon. Nick Saban Has had Kirby Smart for ever, but I think that is unusual. When a team is winning everyone comes in and tries to hire their assistant coaches. I have no stats to back that up, but I'd be surprised if there were many programs that have been strong over a long period of time without their Assistants being hired to run other teams.

Kirby could have taken many jobs over the years, but most of them would have been a paycut.

He's a Georgia alum, so it was always known that if Georgia came calling he was gone.

The craziest thing about it is - we may have a better DC now. I mostly wish we could have kept Mel Tucker, but at least we did manage to keep Cochran.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is always change, but Head Coaching changes usually lead to drastic philosophical changes. Coordinators can come and go, but it will really depend on the HC to control that. The one thing I give Saban credit for is controlling the OC spot. Most defensive guys just hire an OC and leave him alone. Saban seems to reign them in and maintain a certain style. It adjusts, but you I can not think of an OC that came in and ran an offense that was unrecognizable to the previous year. I think this is what makes him a great HC. It not his defensive wizardry, but the fact that a defensive coach pays attention to the offense. I have always said if I was an AD, I would spend an entire day interviewing a candidate about the side of teh ball that is not his specialty. It is what separates Saban from Muschamp or Urban from RichRod

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban seems to reign them in and maintain a certain style. It adjusts, but you I can not think of an OC that came in and ran an offense that was unrecognizable to the previous year. I think this is what makes him a great HC.

I couldn't disagree more. Each OC we've had under Saban has had their own ways of doing things. I've seen much different offenses over the years. McElwain and Kiffin aren't even close to being alike.

Our offenses from this past year to the days when Saban first came to Alabama is like night and day.

At best, I think there have been a few times where Saban did take control in the middle of a game and force more ball running. Nuss especially.

I've always thought it was lazy journalism when people claim Alabama is always this or that when it comes to what goes on. Saban is successful because he adapts.

Get reading for a heaping load of RPO's this year from Alabama. We only recruit dual threat QB's now and which ever of the 3 wins the QB this year, they will be a dual threat QB. You'll be seeing read options and all that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. Each OC we've had under Saban has had their own ways of doing things. I've seen much different offenses over the years. McElwain and Kiffin aren't even close to being alike.

Our offenses from this past year to the days when Saban first came to Alabama is like night and day.

At best, I think there have been a few times where Saban did take control in the middle of a game and force more ball running. Nuss especially.

I've always thought it was lazy journalism when people claim Alabama is always this or that when it comes to what goes on. Saban is successful because he adapts.

Get reading for a heaping load of RPO's this year from Alabama. We only recruit dual threat QB's now and which ever of the 3 wins the QB this year, they will be a dual threat QB. You'll be seeing read options and all that.
Are you still crying that Saban let Michigan steal Nuss?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still crying that Saban let Michigan steal Nuss?

I'm not sure how Alabama has managed to win a single game since.

giphy.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious no Oregon?

We get Virginia and @Nebraska on our OOC.

Then we have to play Stanford, Washington, @WSU, @cal, and @USC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how Alabama has managed to win a single game since.

giphy.gif
Look at all the great things Michigan has done under Nuss. Obviously Saban is just a product of Nuss.