• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reon Dawson and Jaron Dukes have 'decided' to medically retire ending their football career at UM.

Shocked that Harbaugh, after taking over at UM, is now having recruits he didn't bring in having to cut their football career short. Crazy, the exact same thing happened at OSU and Bama when Meyer and Saban took over. Guess players suffer career ending injuries more frequently in the first 3-4 years after a coach takes over a program. :pound:

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to kick, whomever ruined the AL Central thread, squarely in the nuts.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy how these career ending injuries always pile up when new coaches take over a program. Maybe Saban can led Harbaugh a hand and tell us how they got the injuries under control. :pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, another thread where Michigan fan tries to compare themselves to top programs.
Nothing to compare. Laughing at the Bama fans (like yourself) who argued Bama players coincidentally suffered career ending injuries more frequently than everyone else and OSU fans who just said prove it, prove it, prove it.

I think it is hilarious that Harbaugh is doing this now. It just so happened Dukes, a WR, never recorded a catch at UM and Dawson, a CB, I believe, never played a snap.

As I've said repeatedly. Every coach is cut throat and shady. Some fans just refuse to take the blinders off and admit it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to compare. Laughing at the Bama fans (like yourself) who argued Bama players coincidentally suffered career ending injuries more frequently than everyone else and OSU fans who just said prove it, prove it, prove it.

I think it is hilarious that Harbaugh is doing this now. It just so happened Dukes, a WR, never recorded a catch at UM and Dawson, a CB, I believe, never played a snap.

As I've said repeatedly. Every coach is cut throat and shady. Some fans just refuse to take the blinders off and admit it.

Actually, what's really funny is all the Michigan fans that have claimed Michigan would never do these things and you are making them all look bad all because you are so desperate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what's really funny is all the Michigan fans that have claimed Michigan would never do these things and you are making them all look bad all because you are so desperate.
I couldn't care less about the old school fans. If you want to compete in the NCAA today, you either join in, or get left behind.

If it makes the old school fans feel better. They can take the same route as you and across the field and argue players get injured at a faster pace than every other team in the country and it was only a coincidence the coaches just took over the program. :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about the old school fans. If you want to compete in the NCAA, you either join in, or get left behind.

If it makes the old school fans feel better. They can take the same route as you and across the field and argue players get injured at a faster pace than every other team in the country and it was only a coincidence the coaches just took over the program. :pound:

You are still being left behind - that's why you keep making threads like this. You sure as hell can't point out things Michigan has actually accomplished to be mentioned in the same sentence as Alabama.

And my position on the topic is they should be able to kick players off the team for any reason, so you'll need to find a different angle here. Other than that, any Alabama fan who lived through the Shula years and Saban years knows there is a huge difference in player health and there is a reason why our S&C coach makes more than most FBS head coaches.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb and saying -- these are just two of the handful of guys who will "medically retire" to ensure you weed out recruits you didn't bring in and don't fit, so UM can sign a full class next year. Thank goodness we got bit by that injury bug

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still being left behind - that's why you keep making threads like this. You sure as hell can't point out things Michigan has actually accomplished to be mentioned in the same sentence as Alabama.

And my position on the topic is they should be able to kick players off the team for any reason, so you'll need to find a different angle here. Other than that, any Alabama fan who lived through the Shula years and Saban years knows there is a huge difference in player health and there is a reason why our S&C coach makes more than most FBS head coaches.

Let me know what comparisons I've made with the teams? Last I checked, injuries aren't an accomplishment. Especially the career ending "injuries" the guys who ride the bench suffer.

And you can talk about Shula til you are blue in the face. Saban was handing out medical hardships for 4 years until he rid the program of the unwanted recruits and get down to 85 scholarship players. Same with Meyer. Isn't it shocking that within 3-4 years the career ending "injuries" cut back drastically.

I'd bet UM has a handful of career ending injuries next year and probably the year after before it cuts back drastically. Hopefully they find a really good S&C coach to stop this. :pound:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Saban was handing out medical hardships for 4 years until he rid the program of the unwanted recruits and get down to 85 scholarship players."

:pound::pound::pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know what comparisons I've made with the teams? Last I checked, injuries aren't an accomplishment. Especially the career ending "injuries" the guys who ride the bench suffer.

And you can talk about Shula til you are blue in the face. Saban was handing out medical hardships for 4 years until he rid the program of the unwanted recruits and get down to 85 scholarship players. Same with Meyer. Isn't it shocking that within 3-4 years the career ending "injuries" cut back drastically.

I'd bet UM has a handful of career ending injuries next year and probably the year after before it cuts back drastically. Hopefully they find a really good S&C coach to stop this. :pound:

Why are you even bringing up these other teams?

Yeah....

You still can't figure out that scholarships are for 1 year and you don't have to give a kid a medical to get rid of them. At worst, they are given medicals as a favor so they can finish school, although it still requires the team doctor.

But here we go with the same damn topic over and over as you try to compare Michigan to Alabama. Everything Harbaugh does is ok because "Alabama and Ohio St did it".

You don't realize it because you didn't start posting here until Michigan had success, but this is all stuff I told Michigan fans would happen a year ago and all things they told me I was wrong about, and how I didn't understand Michigan.

Did you really need to start this thread just to rehash the same damn topic you have posted about since you started posting on these forums?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even bringing up these other teams?

Yeah....

You still can't figure out that scholarships are for 1 year and you don't have to give a kid a medical to get rid of them. At worst, they are given medicals as a favor so they can finish school, although it still requires the team doctor.

But here we go with the same damn topic over and over as you try to compare Michigan to Alabama. Everything Harbaugh does is ok because "Alabama and Ohio St did it".

You don't realize it because you didn't start posting here until Michigan had success, but this is all stuff I told Michigan fans would happen a year ago and all things they told me I was wrong about, and how I didn't understand Michigan.

Did you really need to start this thread just to rehash the same damn topic you have posted about since you started posting on these forums?

I started the thread to get a good laugh. It is amazing how these programs have players suffering career ending injuries after new coaches take over.
It is called forced attrition. It has nothing to do with a plague of injuries unseen before in college football. It is a way the coaches can clear roster spots without looking like a bad guy. Period.

Some fans willingly accept this, others make excuses.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MAIZEandBLUE09 will be here with a proper explanation soon enough.

Harbaugh would never process kids out of Michigan the way Nick and Urban do.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reon Dawson and Jaron Dukes have 'decided' to medically retire ending their football career at UM.

Shocked that Harbaugh, after taking over at UM, is now having recruits he didn't bring in having to cut their football career short. Crazy, the exact same thing happened at OSU and Bama when Meyer and Saban took over. Guess players suffer career ending injuries more frequently in the first 3-4 years after a coach takes over a program. :pound:
We have no idea what happened with these players so I can't make a judgement. There is a legitimate use for medical waivers.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MAIZEandBLUE09 will be here with a proper explanation soon enough.

Harbaugh would never process kids out of Michigan the way Nick and Urban do.
I don't know if he did. We don't know what ailments these players supposedly had and how long they've had them. Until then, I can't say if it was a legit usage or not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started the thread to get a good laugh.

No you started this thread because you really believe that Jimmy Jam is in the same coaching class as Saban & Meyer. Here are their career coaching records (@ major programs)...

Saban: 196-60-1 (5 Natty's)
Meyer: 154-27 (3 Natty's)

Jimmy Jam: 39-24 (2015 Spring Game National Champs)