• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is. Something I learned from my ex, who is a podiatrist. I hyperextended my knee a couple years ago and noticed my other ankle/knee started having issues in the coming months. She said it's because I probably shouldn't have been walking on my hyperextended knee as soon as I was because it completely changes how you walk/jog/run on the other side. She said it's pretty common to see people report injuries/soreness in the other leg depending on the severity/type of injury suffered.

I think we are kind of saying the same thing, we just seeing a difference in what we consider "the norm". To me, if someone says it is "the norm", they are saying it happens all the time/majority of the time. IMO, that isn't the case here. It is a possibility, but if it were the norm -- once a player injuries his knee once, you could basically write him off as the other knee would be following suit soon.

I do agree with overcompensating on the healthy leg, as that is just something mental. I had to go thru rehab twice for the same knee. (ACL/MCL and then dislocated knee cap) -- your therapist repeatedly tells you not to favor one leg over another. Whether you do or you don't is up to each individual.

I've had multiple issues with one knee and zero issues with my other knee though.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are kind of saying the same thing, we just seeing a difference in what we consider "the norm". To me, if someone says it is "the norm", they are saying it happens all the time/majority of the time. IMO, that isn't the case here. It is a possibility, but if it were the norm -- once a player injuries his knee once, you could basically write him off as the other knee would be following suit soon.

I do agree with overcompensating on the healthy leg, as that is just something mental. I had to go thru rehab twice for the same knee. (ACL/MCL and then dislocated knee cap) -- your therapist repeatedly tells you not to favor one leg over another. Whether you do or you don't is up to each individual.

I've had multiple issues with one knee and zero issues with my other knee though.
And he had issues with both knees before this most recent injury. So while recovering from the second injury he was putting the extra stress on a knee that was already weakened.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he had issues with both knees before this most recent injury. So while recovering from the second injury he was putting the extra stress on a knee that was already weakened.

Maybe I missed this part. They said his HS injuries were both on the same knee. Did I read this wrong?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed this part. They said his HS injuries were both on the same knee. Did I read this wrong?
I always thought Michigan was complaining that his second injury had nothing to do with the first and shouldn't be considered, but I may be wrong. I took a six month vacation from here so the brain got fuzzy.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to compare. Laughing at the Bama fans (like yourself) who argued Bama players coincidentally suffered career ending injuries more frequently than everyone else and OSU fans who just said prove it, prove it, prove it.

I think it is hilarious that Harbaugh is doing this now. It just so happened Dukes, a WR, never recorded a catch at UM and Dawson, a CB, I believe, never played a snap.

As I've said repeatedly. Every coach is cut throat and shady. Some fans just refuse to take the blinders off and admit it.

They're just being worked harder than before. :lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're just being worked harder than before. :lol:

Of course. No chance a coach takes over a team and starts clearing roster spots so they can sign full recruiting classes of their own.

The most amazing part -- once these coaches get their own recruits in -- the career ending injuries are cut down to next to nothing. :pound:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. No chance a coach takes over a team and starts clearing roster spots so they can sign full recruiting classes of their own.

The most amazing part -- once these coaches get their own recruits in -- the career ending injuries are cut down to next to nothing. :pound:

We can always count on your 2 peso's wurf. We'll take it under advisement. Meanwhile in 2014 Saban honors scholarship to high school senior with career ending injury.

"Alabama and head coach Nick Saban did exactly the same thing today, as the Crimson Tide will honor its offer of a scholarship to Elisha Shaw, a Georgia product who learned recently from doctors that he would not be able to continue to play college football. He had suffered a neck injury prior to his senior season, sitting out the entire year wondering if he’d get a chance to live up to his relatively high ranking in the nation. Because he only recently found out he would no longer be able to play, he continued to be heavily recruited during the fall."

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always count on your 2 peso's wurf. We'll take it under advisement. Meanwhile in 2014 Saban honors scholarship to high school senior with career ending injury.

"Alabama and head coach Nick Saban did exactly the same thing today, as the Crimson Tide will honor its offer of a scholarship to Elisha Shaw, a Georgia product who learned recently from doctors that he would not be able to continue to play college football. He had suffered a neck injury prior to his senior season, sitting out the entire year wondering if he’d get a chance to live up to his relatively high ranking in the nation. Because he only recently found out he would no longer be able to play, he continued to be heavily recruited during the fall."

Props to Saban for handing out of a medical hardship to someone who actually deserved it. FYI -- he honored the players commitment because it has no effect on the scholarship totals for the recruiting class or the team max totals.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Saban for handing out of a medical hardship to someone who actually deserved it. FYI -- he honored the players commitment because it has no effect on the scholarship totals for the recruiting class or the team max totals.

We pretty much give walkons scholarships every year.

Just gave out one yesterday even.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pretty much give walkons scholarships every year.

Just gave out one yesterday even.

im going to go out on a limb and say he didn't give any walk-on a scholarship in his first 4 years when Bama was passing out medical hardships to clear roster spots.

Once a coach has his own recruits on board, yes, you will see walk-on players earn a scholarship, it happens everywhere, just like colleges helping out injured athletes, whether it be a recruit or a player who didn't even attend their school.

Georgia is doing this right now for the Georgia Southern player who was paralyzed. They are building him a handicap ready home and just flew his whole family from Baton Rouge to Georgia because their house was damaged by the flooding.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Urban is still shady, glad we could clear that up.