• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extension to Stafford was correct and I'd give it A-. I can't give that an A or higher grade because it's not a bargain contract by any means.

That said, yes the Rams are going to suck in a few years due to lack of draft capital and cap hell but they knew that would happen. Ramsey/Donald/Kupp will be too old and Whitworth will probably retire after this year and it'll be time to gut the team anyway, so might as well win now.

In addition, given the shit show that is the NFC at the moment (Rodgers without Adams and the Packers in cap hell, Tomb Brady is back but ehh......, the Seahawks are in semi rebuild, the 9ers are in cap hell and probably starting a new QB, the Cardinals are imploding, the Saints are DONE) the Rams should waltz into the conference game with their eyes closed. Yes I get any given Sunday, but it blows my mind they're not the favored NFC team (good ol Tomb Brady is and the Packers, but the Packers have nobody on their roster but Aaron Rodgers. I guess he can throw to himself?)

I believe I graded this trade highly when it happened (good for the Lions too) and it was the correct move.
Whitworth already announced his retirement. Noteboom is his replacement.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The small exodus has begun.

Does this mean Donald is going to hang them up? Didn't he say he would come back only if everyone else was back?

Good to know this SB glory will be short lived. Another one and done NFCW team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The small exodus has begun.

Does this mean Donald is going to hang them up? Didn't he say he would come back only if everyone else was back?

Good to know this SB glory will be short lived. Another one and done NFCW team.

Rams will reload as needed. Only loss of note is Von.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams will reload as needed. Only loss of note is Von.
Oh they may reload but a bunch of very big contracts will be coming due over the next couple seasons.

As many teams have seen after winning a SB. It's not easy to repeat and it's all good while you're winning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they may reload but a bunch of very big contracts will be coming due over the next couple seasons.

As many teams have seen after winning a SB. It's not easy to repeat and it's all good while you're winning.

At least they are trying to win though.. Unlike the Patriots who are trying to maybe get into a play off game with a duct taped lineup

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Repeating is next to impossible. Not trying is cheating your fans however.

The weird part to be is Donald. Who retires at the peak of their powers just short of 31? Taking a year or two off isn't really a viable option either. Waiting until after your roster bonus was due (3/17) only to potentially sit out after a super bowl victory is odd, when nothing appears contentious? Is this all just leverage to get a new extension?

If he wants to retire to spend time with his family, do that; nobody in the organization would deny him that. If he wants a new extension, I'm sure the Rams are more than willing. Straddling the question and playing the middle ground is just odd.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still Superbowl Champions until someone takes you down. Enjoy it!

I can't even get upset about Von, since he went to my local team the Bills, close second to the Rams for me. Gotta play each other this coming season, always an awkward rooting situation lol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they are trying to win though.. Unlike the Patriots who are trying to maybe get into a play off game with a duct taped lineup
NE isn't and has never mortgaged the farm.

Why start now?

They've done ok.

A few teams like the Lambs are all in.

Would you prefer NE goes all in like them? Then watch them turn back into a non relevant team like the Rams will become again? I prefer BBs current model. Always competitive. The old chip and a chair chance.

Hell, Donald not even sure he wanted to come back after winning a SB. How do you think he'll fair after a down year, when other guys start chasing the $?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitworth, Weddle?

How did Stafford fair with those shitty lines and D in Detroit?
Noteboom filled in well when Whitworth was injured, Weddle was an emergency return due to stacked injuries in the secondary, Both are very old and rightfully retired.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noteboom filled in well when Whitworth was injured, Weddle was an emergency return due to stacked injuries in the secondary, Both are very old and rightfully retired.
Both were quality mid tier guys. Even starters in some places.

OL-men take time to gel with one another.

Having quality vets is a must when chasing championships. They're a bigger loss then you want to admit. Not everything is stat sheet worthy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were quality mid tier guys. Even starters in some places.

OL-men take time to gel with one another.

Having quality vets is a must when chasing championships. They're a bigger loss then you want to admit. Not everything is stat sheet worthy.

Noteboom has been on the Rams for several years, drafted in 2018. Everyone mocked the Weddle signing since he had been out of football for an extended period of time. Whitworth is a loss of course, but he's a 40 year old OT and was expected. As I said, Noteboom was effective when he filled in last year and will have a full camp as the starter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE isn't and has never mortgaged the farm.

Why start now?

They've done ok.

A few teams like the Lambs are all in.

Would you prefer NE goes all in like them? Then watch them turn back into a non relevant team like the Rams will become again? I prefer BBs current model. Always competitive. The old chip and a chair chance.

Hell, Donald not even sure he wanted to come back after winning a SB. How do you think he'll fair after a down year, when other guys start chasing the $?

I know they have never mortgaged the farm but last season it appeared that BB would break from that norm (at least for a bit) and sign players. Just wondering in todays NFL if that "Patriot" Way will work ever again

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have been mortgaging the farm since 2018, stuck in cap hell, no draft picks and stuck with bad contracts Gurley and Goff. Both those contracts are off the books and are no longer in cap hell. Still no high picks, but it doesn’t matter Rams draft well. Rams also lost theost cosches since than too, McVay finds good replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.