• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Rams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point? The Rams won't have had a first round draft pick from 2017-2023 and they are currently barely treading water. Yeah, they're in win now mode, but the Lions will have money to deal in the next couple years, when those picks will be used. Especially if Golladay isn't brought back and they cut Goff if he doesn't work out. Plus, you can no longer give a rookie an $80 million guaranteed deal anymore.
Hahaha!

making the playoffs 3 out of 4 years is barely treading water is it?

then what have the Lions been doing? Drowning in the depths of the ocean.

only one team in 32 comes out on top every year, and anything can happen when you make it to the playoffs.

you play the season to make the playoffs and give yourself a chance.

look, no one expected the Giants to make it to the SB let alone beat the 17-0 Pats, but they did.
So, anything can happen as long as you get to the playoffs.

Rams 3 of last 4. Lions not so much.

I will say they should get much better at drafting now that they have our former director of college scouting as their GM. And I don’t think Goff is damaged goods either. I think the LA lifestyle was not conducive for him to stay focused on his career, so maybe the change of scenery does him good.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham?

Because Cam is a FA dumb dumb.

Skippy, you're not very good at this. Must be attributed to all the time you spent locked up in a wall locker.

Are 8th runner up, two time SB losers relevant?

Asking for Jack

Claiming victory again? Lol. It’s killing you

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham?

Because Cam is a FA dumb dumb.

Skippy, you're not very good at this. Must be attributed to all the time you spent locked up in a wall locker.

Are 8th runner up, two time SB losers relevant?

Asking for Jack
If Stidham was the answer, the Hoodie would’ve started him as bad a Cam was this year, but he didn’t.

that should tell you what you need to know about Stidham, because Cam was awful and Hoodie kept him as the starter.

you guys need to draft or trade for a QB.

and even you have to admit, the Hoodie has not done well in the draft for quite some time.

can’t draft WR or RB worth a crap. Harris at least looks good when he is healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stidham was the answer, the Hoodie would’ve started him as bad a Cam was this year, but he didn’t.

that should tell you what you need to know about Stidham, because Cam was awful and Hoodie kept him as the starter.

you guys need to draft or trade for a QB.

and even you have to admit, the Hoodie has not done well in the draft for quite some time.

can’t draft WR or RB worth a crap. Harris at least looks good when he is healthy.
The point was Stidham is on the team. Cam is a FA.

BB has done very well drafting considering he regularly has one of the last pics.

He does suck on drafting WRs no doubt.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out that my assumptions are correct but yea.. it’ll be great when the Rams whoop ass next year and the Pats go 6-10 with Stidham

:pound:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And things have not gone well for the Hawks since they choked away the SB as well.

they make the playoffs but nothing more.

couldn’t even beat the Rams with a QB with a busted thumb.

Rams have the Hawks number like the 9ers have the Rams.

mat least the Rams FO is willing to address the issues and do something about it.

what are the Hawks doing to help Wilson besides trading 1st rounders for a safety ( which doesn’t help him at all )?

you guys have needed an OL for years and still haven’t fixed it. And the team has been terrible at drafting in the 1st round ( which is probably why they decided to trade them away ).

you should worry about what the Hawks aren’t doing vs what the Rams are doing.

Rams have the Hawks number like the 9ers have the Rams
Actually with the exception of the year Rams went to the Superbowl and lost the teams have split head to head every season so a bit of a exaggeration. I have to admit the Rams match up well with the DL led by Aaron Donald. He's going to 30 so hoping to see him lose just a little bit going forward and the clock is ticking on how long he can be that dominant force. NFC West has been really competitive as 49ers, Cardinals and Rams have taken turns challenging the Seahawks, but the Seahawks have been the only team invovled each and every season and the rest of the division sinks and rises and sinks each in turn with the Seahawks being the constant. Seahawks will be right there again next season and the seasons to follow.
Hard to make the leap from playoff team to SuperBowl team as the NFL has made it difficult to make that leap much less repeat it. Low draft position and players wanting to cash in on the team success, coaches getting poached etc. Still if you make the playoffs you got a chance and just need things to fall in place, so I remain hopeful.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Neither team has anything to brag about currently. Seattle has raised the bar high enough where just a division title isn’t good enough and I would think the Rams bar is higher then getting bounced in the divisional round. Both teams should have a different look next year so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Niners will be a factor as well
It'll be another season of knock down drag out fight getting to the playoffs

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually with the exception of the year Rams went to the Superbowl and lost the teams have split head to head every season so a bit of a exaggeration. I have to admit the Rams match up well with the DL led by Aaron Donald. He's going to 30 so hoping to see him lose just a little bit going forward and the clock is ticking on how long he can be that dominant force. NFC West has been really competitive as 49ers, Cardinals and Rams have taken turns challenging the Seahawks, but the Seahawks have been the only team invovled each and every season and the rest of the division sinks and rises and sinks each in turn with the Seahawks being the constant. Seahawks will be right there again next season and the seasons to follow.
Hard to make the leap from playoff team to SuperBowl team as the NFL has made it difficult to make that leap much less repeat it. Low draft position and players wanting to cash in on the team success, coaches getting poached etc. Still if you make the playoffs you got a chance and just need things to fall in place, so I remain hopeful.
Well said,
I think in the NFC where no one has managed to find dominate stability, almost half the conference can dream of making it to the SB if they are playing well in December/January. That clearly wasnt the Seahawks this year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said,
I think in the NFC where no one has managed to find dominate stability, almost half the conference can dream of making it to the SB if they are playing well in December/January. That clearly wasnt the Seahawks this year
Dominant

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extension to Stafford was correct and I'd give it A-. I can't give that an A or higher grade because it's not a bargain contract by any means.

That said, yes the Rams are going to suck in a few years due to lack of draft capital and cap hell but they knew that would happen. Ramsey/Donald/Kupp will be too old and Whitworth will probably retire after this year and it'll be time to gut the team anyway, so might as well win now.

In addition, given the shit show that is the NFC at the moment (Rodgers without Adams and the Packers in cap hell, Tomb Brady is back but ehh......, the Seahawks are in semi rebuild, the 9ers are in cap hell and probably starting a new QB, the Cardinals are imploding, the Saints are DONE) the Rams should waltz into the conference game with their eyes closed. Yes I get any given Sunday, but it blows my mind they're not the favored NFC team (good ol Tomb Brady is and the Packers, but the Packers have nobody on their roster but Aaron Rodgers. I guess he can throw to himself?)

I believe I graded this trade highly when it happened (good for the Lions too) and it was the correct move.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worth noting that the Rams went all-in three times last year (Stafford, OBJ, Miller)

By itself I liked the Stafford trade but itself but it was every move after that which was impressive. No point in half measures in life. When you take the risk go all-in

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worth noting that the Rams went all-in three times last year (Stafford, OBJ, Miller)

By itself I liked the Stafford trade but itself but it was every move after that which was impressive. No point in half measures in life. When you take the risk go all-in

True. I was a little confused with Seattle who appeared to go all in (Adams trade and Lockett extension) and then... didn't? LOL... they had more money to spend. I mean I get it all fell through regardless because Wilson got injured but it was like a half ass all in.

It's like Carroll/Schneider said in 2020 "Let's go ALL IN!" and then woke up the next day and were like, "lol, guess we drank a little too much, let's not." And then in 2021 they were like, "Wilson loves Lockett, let's sign him to a large contract and go ALL IN!" and then woke up the next day and were like, "Eh, actually we should probably just trade Wilson and rebuild. God damn those old fashions..."

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I was a little confused with Seattle who appeared to go all in (Adams trade and Lockett extension) and then... didn't? LOL... they had more money to spend. I mean I get it all fell through regardless because Wilson got injured but it was like a half ass all in.

It's like Carroll/Schneider said in 2020 "Let's go ALL IN!" and then woke up the next day and were like, "lol, guess we drank a little too much, let's not." And then in 2021 they were like, "Wilson loves Lockett, let's sign him to a large contract and go ALL IN!" and then woke up the next day and were like, "Eh, actually we should probably just trade Wilson and rebuild. God damn those old fashions..."
Yeah, and that puts Seattle in a weird spot right now. They dont really have a roster that says 'we're rebuilding' but they also dont seem like they're in a spot to win the SB. Pitt and NE probably in the same boat in the AFC

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and that puts Seattle in a weird spot right now. They dont really have a roster that says 'we're rebuilding' but they also dont seem like they're in a spot to win the SB. Pitt and NE probably in the same boat in the AFC

Well, I think Seattle is trying to do a Mac Jones type thing that New England did. Outside of QB their current roster is actually better if they can acquire Trenton Brown. And they have 3 picks in the top 50, so you should be acquiring 3 new starters.

Their front 7 D is MILES better with the acquisitions of Jefferson, Harris, and Nwosu. And free agency isn't over.
Receivers are pretty good. Lockett, Metcalf, Fant, Eskridge (needs to stay healthy).
Secondary is not bad if they can figure out how to use Adams. But they got Diggs, Jones was playing good second half of the season.

They signed Blythe from KC who is a serviceable center and are trying to get Trenton Brown who when healthy is a great right tackle. If they are able to draft Cross or the kid from Tulsa with the #9 (or a slight trade back) the OL is now a strength, not a weakness.

SO, I think Seattle's goal is to be competitive which is why I think they are eying one of the early 2nd round QBs (Corral namely). Go into this season with the goal of shooting for the playoffs (realistically will probably end 8-9/9-8 or something), and then in 2023 continue to build it up, and by 2024 you can go ALL IN.

A lot of the contracts Seattle is giving out are 1-2 year deals. By 2024 their only major cap hit will be Lockett who will likely just be released if not productive. So IF they find a QB this draft who can win, by 2024 they can basically sign the entire free agent market....

The reason I say all this, is that will basically be when Carroll hangs it up. Seattle was not going to blow up a roster or TANK a season with a 70 year old head coach. So everyone on the Seahawks board saying, "Tank the season so we can draft Stroud/Young" is not making sense. Yah it COULD happen, but Seattle is not trying to do that... and IMO their roster isn't as bad as everyone thinks. There are definitely pieces there to squeeze out 7+ wins. And if they DO hit on a QB in the 2nd (it's all a crapshoot) could they make the playoffs? Yes. The NFC is that bad at the moment. Not likely going to win the division with the Rams, but a wild card is certainly in play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think Seattle is trying to do a Mac Jones type thing that New England did. Outside of QB their current roster is actually better if they can acquire Trenton Brown. And they have 3 picks in the top 50, so you should be acquiring 3 new starters.

Their front 7 D is MILES better with the acquisitions of Jefferson, Harris, and Nwosu. And free agency isn't over.
Receivers are pretty good. Lockett, Metcalf, Fant, Eskridge (needs to stay healthy).
Secondary is not bad if they can figure out how to use Adams. But they got Diggs, Jones was playing good second half of the season.

They signed Blythe from KC who is a serviceable center and are trying to get Trenton Brown who when healthy is a great right tackle. If they are able to draft Cross or the kid from Tulsa with the #9 (or a slight trade back) the OL is now a strength, not a weakness.

SO, I think Seattle's goal is to be competitive which is why I think they are eying one of the early 2nd round QBs (Corral namely). Go into this season with the goal of shooting for the playoffs (realistically will probably end 8-9/9-8 or something), and then in 2023 continue to build it up, and by 2024 you can go ALL IN.

A lot of the contracts Seattle is giving out are 1-2 year deals. By 2024 their only major cap hit will be Lockett who will likely just be released if not productive. So IF they find a QB this draft who can win, by 2024 they can basically sign the entire free agent market....

The reason I say all this, is that will basically be when Carroll hangs it up. Seattle was not going to blow up a roster or TANK a season with a 70 year old head coach. So everyone on the Seahawks board saying, "Tank the season so we can draft Stroud/Young" is not making sense. Yah it COULD happen, but Seattle is not trying to do that... and IMO their roster isn't as bad as everyone thinks. There are definitely pieces there to squeeze out 7+ wins. And if they DO hit on a QB in the 2nd (it's all a crapshoot) could they make the playoffs? Yes. The NFC is that bad at the moment. Not likely going to win the division with the Rams, but a wild card is certainly in play.
My guess is that the plan with Seattle is that they'll take BPA at #9 because thats a premium pick and then they'll trade back into rd1 right around pick 32 and take Corral. Corral (or one of the other top 3 QBs) is probably the same level as risk as someone like Baker Mayfield but you can get him on the rookie contract cheat code.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the plan with Seattle is that they'll take BPA at #9 because thats a premium pick and then they'll trade back into rd1 right around pick 32 and take Corral. Corral (or one of the other top 3 QBs) is probably the same level as risk as someone like Baker Mayfield but you can get him on the rookie contract cheat code.

You're basically spot on to my thinking. I think that's EXACTLY what they'll do. I would be willing to bet a LT is their target at #9 overall. If Cross is not there, they'll likely move back a little and get the kid from Tulsa, and use the extra ammo acquired to move back into the 1st to snag Corral.

They still have a major hole at left tackle with Brown gone, so I'm thinking that's what they want to fix. No QB is worth the #9 in this draft, so I don't see that being an option. As for their EDGE/defense, they're not that bad with what they have. Nwosu, Taylor, Brooks... all very athletic linebackers that can fit into a 3-4.... and their lineman are strong. Woods can certainly play NT and you've got a mix of Jefferson/Harris/Ford for your 3-4 DE mix or a 4-3 LEO hybrid with Jefferson/Harris/Ford on passing downs.

I could honestly see OT, QB, secondary. I think Seattle is not going to address the front 7 at all in the first 3 rounds. I see their 3rd (if it's not included in the trade to move up for QB) being more OL or a WR/TE as Lockett/Dissly will likely be gone during the 2024 all in plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.