• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LMAO At Boston

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never used to use our first rounders because those picks were going to be late picks and those players would have never got PT with the players we had. And, it's not that Sessions didn't work out, we upgraded with Nash.

Sessions has been a bust any way and almost a bigger failure than Nash. He has bounced from team to team and produced very little. As we have now both said - those picks taken by the teams in the first four places of the standing - seldom are worth keeping, so in short Boston agreed to take crappy picks from Dallas in return for a good player and I think they could have done much better. That was a very poor trade for Boston

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we unload Luke Walton in that Sessions trade? I know that the Lakers dumped Fisher and Luke Walton and got back an expiring contract with Sessions. I call that a good move even if we did give up a second round draft pick that came late in the draft

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that Lakers fans would try to lord it over any team... what with their mediocre present and uninspiring future prospects.

- When it comes to future drafts, the C's easily have the Lakers destroyed. Easily. *Note* - despite the weak arguments in this thread: some of these picks should be quite decent, thank you very much Brooklyn Nets.

- The C's still have 2 or 3 usable trade assets (Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Brandan Wright)... they can use these to further enhance their draft prospects and/or dump payroll.

- As far as the makings of a future core is concerned... both the Lakers and the Celtics have pretty barren (or at least untested) cupboards. But I'll take 1.) Smart / James Young / Olynyk / Sullinger over 2.) Randle, Nick Young, and... ?

The only advantage that the Lakers have is a better future cap situation at present. But this advantage is slight.

Not much of an argument over whose prospects are better... but I guess homer fans will argue just about anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in the middle on this. not going to say boston is better or worse..maybe Branden wright develops into Deandre Jordan who knows. on the lakers end im optimistic but I think poor decisions have been made. draft picks appear to be worthless to the franchise..look at all the trades over the years..gave up 1st rounder for ramon sessions. didn't pan out. id say half of their current problems are from not having and young talent to develop. hurt this year with randle injury but the next best thing is what ryan Kelly?

I'm putting money down that after this season Dallas resigns Brandan Wright. He likes Carlisles system.

I only hope we also keep Rondo next year. If not, we didn't really give up anything useful for him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman r u that positive on wright?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning, is he that good?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic, Smart will be the starting PG now right?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy yes. Stevens ball style is complete opposite of dominant pg approach rondo likes to run. But yes this clears the way for smart and explains the draft decision .

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Laker fans are seeing that Boston is a few years ahead of LA on the rebuild. You will need to experience the pain so buckle in for the times ahead.

That's certainly debatable. We'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman r u that positive on wright?

Meaning, is he that good?

I know he worked great in our system. I think he leads the NBA in FG%. That's a weak stat I know, but he is efficient and can finish. he has good size and can block/alter shots in the paint. He's an athletic freak...you can't throw an alley oop too high for him to reach.

I love his energy, his athleticism, and his attitude. He's the only part I hate to see leave, so just hope we can get him back next year. But I'm thrilled with giving him up off the bench for a starting PG.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that Lakers fans would try to lord it over any team... what with their mediocre present and uninspiring future prospects.

- When it comes to future drafts, the C's easily have the Lakers destroyed. Easily. *Note* - despite the weak arguments in this thread: some of these picks should be quite decent, thank you very much Brooklyn Nets.

- The C's still have 2 or 3 usable trade assets (Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Brandan Wright)... they can use these to further enhance their draft prospects and/or dump payroll.

- As far as the makings of a future core is concerned... both the Lakers and the Celtics have pretty barren (or at least untested) cupboards. But I'll take 1.) Smart / James Young / Olynyk / Sullinger over 2.) Randle, Nick Young, and... ?

The only advantage that the Lakers have is a better future cap situation at present. But this advantage is slight.

Not much of an argument over whose prospects are better... but I guess homer fans will argue just about anything.

I'll give you the Celtics having more draft picks.

Tradable assets? Lakers have Hill who many teams have inquired about. They have nice expiring contracts in Nash and Lin.

Youth? Randle, Ed Davis, Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly. There's an argument there you homer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youth? Randle, Ed Davis, Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly. There's an argument there you homer.
Are we having a serious conversation?

Ed Davis, Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly... ??? They're young, sure, but these aren't serious pieces to anything.

You must be clowning around.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we having a serious conversation?

Ed Davis, Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly... ??? They're young, sure, but these aren't serious pieces to anything.

You must be clowning around.

Says the guy who touts Oly, Young, and Sully as serious pieces :L

I didn't say there were serious, just developable youth that have potential to be good NBA players. Both Clarkson and Kelly still need plenty of grooming.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will likely continue on this negative path if they don't land one or two "blue chip" FA's in the next couple of years.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who touts Oly, Young, and Sully as serious pieces :L

I didn't say there were serious, just developable youth that have potential to be good NBA players. Both Clarkson and Kelly still need plenty of grooming.
Whatever, dude. The Lakers young "talent" that you mentioned makes guys like Olynyk and Sullinger look like world-beaters. I didn't mention guys like Phil Pressey and Tyler Zeller for the C's because their ceiling is serviceable back-up.

Again, if you're being serious: on the question of real young talent it's Randle/Young for the Lakers vs. Olynyk/Sullinger/Smart/Young for the C's... and the C's have an edge.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Young, seriously? You are knocking me including the young players the Lakers have yet you include James Young? And you don't think Ed Davis can play? Have you seen Clarkson at all? Whatever, dude.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ We got some dueling "whatevers." lol... :D

Yeah, I include Young. The kid is 19. 19. I include him because he has serious potential... not pipe-dream potential.

At the risk of being called a homer... I am pretty damn comfortable saying that James Young has more potential than the cadre of guys you keep mentioning (Davis, Clarkson, Ryan freakin' Kelly).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today, the Celtics have 10 first round draft picks in the next four years and that does not include the Mavs pick they got for Rondo. Non Celtics fans will yell that the Celtics got hosed and that the Celtics are years away from being a serious contender. Celtics fans see the Celtics as being one blue chip rookie maybe two from being right back near the top.

Let's look logically at what's dranspiring at TD Garden. Last year the Celtics dumper Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and picked up three players and three draft picks. (2 firsts). This year the Celtics have won, what 8 games with Rondo at Point? They trade Rondo, pick up two forward and a point guard in Jameer Nelson who is more suited to the Brad Stevens offense. Rondo was a control guard and Stevens wants 5 players on the floor who all need to touch the ball for his system to work. The only player benefitting from Rondo being at the point was Zeller. With the Mavs, Dirk and Chandler will be the beneficiaries.

The future? Who really knows? Right now it appears that the Celtics will be in the Lottery. Historically, their luck has sucked. It all started when the draw screwed them and they lost Tim Duncan. It hasn't improved since. Then again, the players that have been available haven't been total busts. How many top five picks in the draft over the past 10 years are still in the NBA? We, as fans tend to put 100% belief in the scouting "experts" who can't pick their nose on a good day.

I believe that the Celtics will trade three more players before the deadline. Jeff Green, Brandon Bass and Wright. They will acquire draft picks, Back ups and possibly an expiring contract or two.

All things being equal, I like the position that Danny Ainge has put the Celtics for the future. He also has his head coach for the next five years. All told, the Celyics at least have a plan that they're attempting to put into place..............how many other NBA franchises can say the same??

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't think Ed Davis can play?
Ed Davis is ok.

By "ok," I mean that Ed Davis can be a serviceable back-up in the NBA.

That has *some* value. But in a conversation about building for the future... it doesn't have much weight.

That's why I leave a guy like Tyler Zeller out of this present conversation.