• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LMAO At Boston

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Clarkson has pipe dream potential. I think he has serious potential as well. He's a long athletic combo guard that has a good jumper and good ball handling ability. He gets after it defensively. His court vision isn't great. He's young though, and needs plenty of grooming. I wish Scott would give him more PT over Lin. Get this guy some experience.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you look at Boston and LA, Boston has been smarter. They finally move Rondo for 3 players and 2 picks. After Kobe leaves (whenever that might be), the Lakers can officially go into re-building mode - where as Boston has already done it and is stock piling picks and young talent.

The Lakers are stuck between a TEAM that needs to re-build and KOBE who wants to win now. Having No identity is way worse than re-building anyday.

Smart
Turner
Sullinger
Wright - yeah this kid is starting to bulk up and can be a force on D and rebounding, AND get you 10-12 a night.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sj76 you are trying to apply logic. That's a rarity. You did your homework unlike others. In the middle was the 1990s celtics

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logicman I just love bball. I remember being 8-9 years old and watching Magic/Bird. Those games were epic and they laid the ground work for for me. NBA isn't what it was but it's still pretty good when April/May hits and teams start to D up.

I'm guess this dude who started this thread is hiding now.

And I hope Turner starts to get more clock, because he's got some game. -another chitown baller.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to move him ad we knew it would be to the West.

I expected it to be a Texas team. But, I thought it would be the Rox.

If Monta has truly changed his ways, Dallas will be scary.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you look at Boston and LA, Boston has been smarter. They finally move Rondo for 3 players and 2 picks. After Kobe leaves (whenever that might be), the Lakers can officially go into re-building mode - where as Boston has already done it and is stock piling picks and young talent.

The Lakers are stuck between a TEAM that needs to re-build and KOBE who wants to win now. Having No identity is way worse than re-building anyday.

Smart
Turner
Sullinger
Wright - yeah this kid is starting to bulk up and can be a force on D and rebounding, AND get you 10-12 a night.

The Lakers are taking rebuilding steps while making bank on Kobe for these last years. They may be behind in the sense of future draft picks, but I do think they are acquiring some nice young pieces to move forward with. Keeping their first round pick in 2015 will certainly help. They added one in Houston's. With tons of cap space available this summer and likely next, things can change quickly.

The Lakers are behind the ball draft pick wise because they went all-in with Dwight and Nash. These were moves applauded by most. It's easy to look back and conclude that those were bad moves, but at the time they were applauded as putting Kobe back into a position of contending. Bold moves don't always work out and now they are in the process of recovering.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are taking rebuilding steps while making bank on Kobe for these last
years. They may be behind in the sense of future draft picks, but I do think
they are acquiring some nice young pieces to move forward with. Keeping their
first round pick in 2015 will certainly help. They added one in Houston's. With
tons of cap space available this summer and likely next, things can change
quickly.

The Lakers are behind the ball draft pick wise because they
went all-in with Dwight and Nash. These were moves applauded by most. It's easy
to look back and conclude that those were bad moves, but at the time they were
applauded as putting Kobe back into a position of contending. Bold moves don't
always work out and now they are in the process of recovering.

I like Randle. BUt we haven't seen him really play yet. And I get what you are saying.. Really, if you take both teams and throw Kobe out, it's a pillow fight for now.

Future picks and FA's are going to determine the future of these organizations. That's going to be 50% luck and 50% pulling the trigger. I see the Lakers getting more involved in FA's than Boston, and I see Boston just loading up on young talent through the draft.

To be a top team you need 2 superstars and some good role players. Celtics have always been a TEAM focused on defense first, while the Lakers are showtime offense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Randle. BUt we haven't seen him really play yet. And I get what you are saying.. Really, if you take both teams and throw Kobe out, it's a pillow fight for now.

Future picks and FA's are going to determine the future of these organizations. That's going to be 50% luck and 50% pulling the trigger. I see the Lakers getting more involved in FA's than Boston, and I see Boston just loading up on young talent through the draft.

To be a top team you need 2 superstars and some good role players. Celtics have always been a TEAM focused on defense first, while the Lakers are showtime offense.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Both teams are re-building, but taking different approaches and there is no reason that both approaches can't work. The Lakers have been acquiring some decent talent through the draft and with 1 year signings that allow players who haven't lived up to potential and/or hadn't had a chance to play, to prove themselves. Those that do, get signed and those that don't, move on.

The Lakers will use cap space to go after top tier and mid-tier FA's, the Celtics will roster some of their stockpile of picks and trade some of those picks. I'd expect that they'll use their cap space to try and add a veteran FA or 2 as well.

Both ways involve risk. The Lakers will risk FA's not signing with them and/or the possibility that the FA's they get, won't mesh as they hoped.

The Celtics risk the draft picks they get not panning out and/or not being able get the value that they want for the picks they trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who touts Oly, Young, and Sully as serious pieces :L

Honestly it's HILARIOUS. :pound: Go to a game at Staples and tell me the Lakers are suffering.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be behind in the sense of future draft picks, but I do think they are acquiring some nice young pieces to move forward with.
Compared to other rebuilding teams... do the Lakers really have a good amount of "nice young pieces"?

I honestly don't think so. Do you?

How many other rebuilding teams can you point to that have less as far as "nice young pieces"?
lakersrule said:
Keeping their first round pick in 2015 will certainly help. They added one in Houston's. With tons of cap space available this summer and likely next, things can change quickly.

The Lakers are behind the ball draft pick wise because they went all-in with Dwight and Nash. These were moves applauded by most. It's easy to look back and conclude that those were bad moves, but at the time they were applauded as putting Kobe back into a position of contending. Bold moves don't always work out and now they are in the process of recovering.
^ Fair enough on these points.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In these debates it's better to read opinions outside of the homers .

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In these debates it's better to read opinions outside of the homers .
I fully admit I'm a Boston Celtics fan. I try to be objective, though...

One of my best buddies is a pretty hard core Lakers fan. He is bummed at the current state of the franchise... totally dispirited about their future. That's why I'm a little surprised by the general optimism of L.A. fans in this forum.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens, all this thread is is speculation at this point.

If we are still in this position a year from now then I will start being less optimistic, as of right now, no reason to be down.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my best buddies is a pretty hard core Lakers fan. He is bummed at the current state of the franchise... totally dispirited about their future. That's why I'm a little surprised by the general optimism of L.A. fans in this forum.

Our players are still in the colors of royalty and Boston's are still... well, in green. :L

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to other rebuilding teams... do the Lakers really have a good amount of "nice young pieces"?

I honestly don't think so. Do you?

How many other rebuilding teams can you point to that have less as far as "nice young pieces"?

^ Fair enough on these points.

I thought we were comparing the Celtics and Lakers. Compared to other teams, no. A lot of them have been rebuilding forever. I'm of a heck of a lot more confident that the Lakers will get back to the top than the ever rebuilding teams like Minnesota and Philly. Young pieces aren't the only way to get to the top.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a hard core fan. Been following the Lakers for 30+ years now. I think I've been pretty objective here. One can be bummed at the current state of the Lakers yet still try to find optimism in the roster and future potential. Of course I'm bummed they suck right now, but the glass isn't completely empty like your totally dispirited friend may think. But, hey, some chose to mire themselves in pessimism, other's don't.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Clarkson has pipe dream potential. I think he has serious potential as well. He's a long athletic combo guard that has a good jumper and good ball handling ability. He gets after it defensively. His court vision isn't great. He's young though, and needs plenty of grooming. I wish Scott would give him more PT over Lin. Get this guy some experience.

This is his red-shirt season. Lin will be gone next season most likely and Clarkson will see much more PT.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at reading some of these comments....