• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of Demands for the 2021 Season

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I think the reason these odd trade rumors for the Texans keep popping up (like this one and the Tue for Watson) is that folks still think Bill Bradley is in charge in Houston.

Also going back to the contract I have no clue how his deal would fit into a cap situation.
It would involve cutting some big salaries. Including Ben.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool Does JuJu Impersonation While Building His Brand

Can we show some respect and humility on this team? I don't like the Browns. I don't like their city. I don't like the people in that city rolling around in the trash that is their city but... THEY JUST KICKED YOUR ASS. Give them their props. Own it like a man.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also cutting Derek Watt is probably a good idea. Paying a FB that much and basically never use him (2 runs in the playoff game was is only offensive touches all season) was laughable, he didn't change their special teams in any way that would justify that contract.
They may as well cut him if they aren't going to use him, yeah.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also cutting Derek Watt is probably a good idea. Paying a FB that much and basically never use him (2 runs in the playoff game was is only offensive touches all season) was laughable, he didn't change their special teams in any way that would justify that contract.
Agreed. But there is an argument that the FB can only be used when you have a better OL... If your O-lineman are routinely getting blown off the ball backwards into the ball-carriers, then 1 more body back there trying to block is going to do more harm than good to a RB's chances.

Just a thought lol. I'm still very much on board with cutting Watt. Wasn't he injured half the season too?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool Does JuJu Impersonation While Building His Brand

Can we show some respect and humility on this team? I don't like the Browns. I don't like their city. I don't like the people in that city rolling around in the trash that is their city but... THEY JUST KICKED YOUR ASS. Give them their props. Own it like a man.
Without clicking the link I assume this is about the "Browns will get clapped by the Chiefs next week" comment.

Yea... "I'm a scorned little bitch" is all I heard.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But there is an argument that the FB can only be used when you have a better OL... If your O-lineman are routinely getting blown off the ball backwards into the ball-carriers, then 1 more body back there trying to block is going to do more harm than good to a RB's chances.

Just a thought lol. I'm still very much on board with cutting Watt. Wasn't he injured half the season too?
Yeah he was.
And so true about the o-line and if that is the case a pure blocker could be had for a min salary.
What I do find amazing he didn't catch one pass (or target) all season to the point it was blatantly obvious when he was on the field what was going to happen.
I put that on Sphincter and hopefully the new OC puts at least a little bit of suspense in this offense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was.
And so true about the o-line and if that is the case a pure blocker could be had for a min salary.
What I do find amazing he didn't catch one pass (or target) all season to the point it was blatantly obvious when he was on the field what was going to happen.
I put that on Sphincter and hopefully the new OC puts at least a little bit of suspense in this offense.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandy Sphincter has got to go...

I'm fine with Butler. His defense was legit until the injuries.

Tomlin is what he is. I think he's a good (not great) head coach. We could do worse. But he needs to surround himself with quality coordinators which is something he's struggled with outside of inheriting Lebeau and convincing Munchak to hang around for a few years.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandy Sphincter has got to go...

I'm fine with Butler. His defense was legit until the injuries.

Tomlin is what he is. I think he's a good (not great) head coach. We could do worse. But he needs to surround himself with quality coordinators which is something he's struggled with outside of inheriting Lebeau and convincing Munchak to hang around for a few years.
Butler has definitely gotten a lot better over the last couple seasons. Granted his talent pool was ridiculously good, but still. He's done some great things with generating pressure when they struggled to get to the QB. I he's finally getting away from his zone reliance.

What he needs to get figured out is the empty-set defenses. Defending empty sets are extremely difficult for any defense, but the Steelers are especially poor. OC's have picked up on the Steelers' refusal to adapt in the slot. They can have a TE & RB on the outsides with their best WR on the inner slot and the Steelers will 100% of the time put their ILB on that guy. And most times they will have the OLB covering the outer slot. Just a brutal way to man up in those packages. Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry... All 3 of those guys feasted in that exact package. If they are going to stick with that set then Minkah needs to bracket that slot instead of dropping into coverage. And rotate the OLB to the TE, wherever the hell they are.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler has definitely gotten a lot better over the last couple seasons. Granted his talent pool was ridiculously good, but still. He's done some great things with generating pressure when they struggled to get to the QB. I he's finally getting away from his zone reliance.

What he needs to get figured out is the empty-set defenses. Defending empty sets are extremely difficult for any defense, but the Steelers are especially poor. OC's have picked up on the Steelers' refusal to adapt in the slot. They can have a TE & RB on the outsides with their best WR on the inner slot and the Steelers will 100% of the time put their ILB on that guy. And most times they will have the OLB covering the outer slot. Just a brutal way to man up in those packages. Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Jarvis Landry... All 3 of those guys feasted in that exact package. If they are going to stick with that set then Minkah needs to bracket that slot instead of dropping into coverage. And rotate the OLB to the TE, wherever the hell they are.
Right on. I'm not exactly a Butler fan but I think he's done enough to keep his job for now. Things like this need to be fixed, and his job for 2022 should depend on that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on. I'm not exactly a Butler fan but I think he's done enough to keep his job for now. Things like this need to be fixed, and his job for 2022 should depend on that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what to say to that. Wow...
I'm pretty positive it was originally learned from the Patriots... They've always been really good at exposing the Steelers' ILBs with slants & quick outs. I think thats a big reason why the Steelers have started implementing the big dime role where guys like Mark Barron, Cam Sutton & more recently Marcus Allen (Antoine Brooks) were getting more reps. But Butler's over-aggressive schemes will always keep the base 3-4 in play and the Dime is always a play late to implement.

Browns practically toyed with Butler in that final series. Steelers couldn't stop the run so they wanted to stay in their 3-4 base... The Browns kept Hunt on the field to make Butler think this. But then they go empty set and roll Hunt out to the WR spot lol... Pretty damn easy to expose Butler if your run game is working like that. It's a chess game that Butler will lose 9 times out of 10.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty positive it was originally learned from the Patriots... They've always been really good at exposing the Steelers' ILBs with slants & quick outs. I think thats a big reason why the Steelers have started implementing the big dime role where guys like Mark Barron, Cam Sutton & more recently Marcus Allen (Antoine Brooks) were getting more reps. But Butler's over-aggressive schemes will always keep the base 3-4 in play and the Dime is always a play late to implement.

Browns practically toyed with Butler in that final series. Steelers couldn't stop the run so they wanted to stay in their 3-4 base... The Browns kept Hunt on the field to make Butler think this. But then they go empty set and roll Hunt out to the WR spot lol... Pretty damn easy to expose Butler if your run game is working like that. It's a chess game that Butler will lose 9 times out of 10.
The worst part is, he was the only WR on the field.

How does Spilly get that assignment and a CB doesn't man up on him?

It makes no sense. It's not just the Browns beating the scheme, but the Steelers with their arms tied behind their back as a choice.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mainly judging him based on the decision making skills that he has developed and how he's reading defenses and secondaries. The decisions to throw those deep balls wouldn't have come easy or natural to him last year. Glad to see he's grown in that respect.
Its easy to make decisions when all your options are open almost instantly though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is, he was the only WR on the field.

How does Spilly get that assignment and a CB doesn't man up on him?

It makes no sense. It's not just the Browns beating the scheme, but the Steelers with their arms tied behind their back as a choice.
That's the strange thing. 3 TEs, 1 WR, and 1 RB... Steelers have 4 DBs, 4 LBs, & 3 down linemen... Why in the hell wasn't Hilton on the field in this situation? Essentially Butler didn't want to let off the pass rush in favor of his secondary and gets caught with his pants down.

In situational football Butler always favors his pass rush.