• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of Demands for the 2021 Season

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand if it comes down to money and he can't be here.

But it'll be a damn shame if Diontae and Eric are #1 and #2 targets next year and JuJu is somewhere else.

If he is signable, they need to do it.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JuJu wants to play for less than market value I'm all for it. With all the problems this team has they cannot justify paying their WR3 more than that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JuJu wants to play for less than market value I'm all for it. With all the problems this team has they cannot justify paying their WR3 more than that.
JuJu is a WR1.

They just didn't throw to him. And when they did it was short garbage and shallow out-routs.

Of course he's going to look bad with that. They had him run the kind of routes RBs run.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best case for this team if JuJu, Claypoole and Washington were their top 3.
I'd trade Diontae if they can get something decent for him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu is a WR1.

They just didn't throw to him. And when they did it was short garbage and shallow out-routs.

Of course he's going to look bad with that. They had him run the kind of routes RBs run.
No he isn't. He just isn't.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't. He just isn't.
These last two years have been a clusterfuck. Between the Mason/Duck horseshit last year, and the no-energy passing game this year.

JuJu is the guy we saw 3 years ago where he was tearing it up. He hasn't had the chance to show he can still be that guy in 2 years.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diontae's hands are his down fall.
I'm trying to remember if that was an issue in college or not. Regardless, Claypool is an alpha. He's got top 5 ability. So what you are looking for is someone to play that #2 role. JuJu would be fantastic in that role but I just think the Steelers are done with him and he's going to want to be paid for his "brand" instead of his accomplishments. Unless they've soured on Diontae because of his hands, I think that ends up being him with Washington manning the #3.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last two years have been a clusterfuck. Between the Mason/Duck horseshit last year, and the no-energy passing game this year.

JuJu is the guy we saw 3 years ago where he was tearing it up. He hasn't had the chance to show he can still be that gun in 2 years.
I think Brown and Ben helped him 3 years ago. And I agree these last two years you have to give him a mulligan.
Truly think he is better suited as the second receiver with Claypool projecting more as a number 1.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JuJu is the guy we saw 3 years ago where he was tearing it up. He hasn't had the chance to show he can still be that guy in 2 years.
JuJu does great when there is a number one across the field from him.

That means he's a number two.

And there's nothing wrong with that. He's a great #2.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remember if that was an issue in college or not. Regardless, Claypool is an alpha. He's got top 5 ability. So what you are looking for is someone to play that #2 role. JuJu would be fantastic in that role but I just think the Steelers are done with him and he's going to want to be paid for his "brand" instead of his accomplishments. Unless they've soured on Diontae because of his hands, I think that ends up being him with Washington manning the #3.
Yep with Diontae it will come down to who is the QB. If Ben is still here so is Diontae, if they have to rely on Rudolph I fully expect them to find channels to trade him and sign JuJu, if his demands aren't crazy.

With that said until they get the TE position resolved they will need any many WR's as possible and go more 4/5 WR formations.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown and Ben helped him 3 years ago. And I agree these last two years you have to give him a mulligan.
Truly think he is better suited as the second receiver with Claypool projecting more as a number 1.
Of course Brown and a good Ben helped him.

We haven't seen him in a normal situation where he is the #1 with a good QB though. I absolutely think he has it. I think he is Hines Ward (who was never really a prototypical #1 WR himself, but sure produced like one anyway).

But they didn't even play him like Ward. Ward got into the intermediate zones all the time. This year they had JuJu making a ton of routes at 5 yards or less.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Brown and a good Ben helped him.

We haven't seen him in a normal situation where he is the #1 with a good QB though. I absolutely think he has it. I think he is Hines Ward (who was never really a prototypical #1 WR himself, but sure produced like one anyway).

But they didn't even play him like Ward. Ward got into the intermediate zones all the time. This year they had JuJu making a ton of routes at 5 yards or less.
True and sadly that will probably come with another team. For some reason Ben likes other receivers more at times (IE...Diontae) and if his salary demands are too high.

EDIT: Let me also add if you have a player like Claypool, he should be your #1.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of silly things:
With that said a QB is harder to come by vs a pass rusher.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of silly things:
With that said a QB is harder to come by vs a pass rusher.
I'm the biggest Watt fan this side of his momma but NFL teams only go as far as their quarterbacks. Watson is a young proven top five guy. I have no idea why Houston would do that trade but it's a no-brainer for us. You take that deal and RUN.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the biggest Watt fan this side of his momma but NFL teams only go as far as their quarterbacks. Watson is a young proven top five guy. I have no idea why Houston would do that trade but it's a no-brainer for us. You take that deal and RUN.
True. I think the reason these odd trade rumors for the Texans keep popping up (like this one and the Tue for Watson) is that folks still think Bill Bradley is in charge in Houston.

Also going back to the contract I have no clue how his deal would fit into a cap situation.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben and Pouncey alone: Over 55.7 million in cap hit next season. Just those two. Are they playing like they are worth 32% of the cap?

Steelers are 21.7 million over the cap. Cutting Ben saves 19 million Cutting DeCastro saves 9 million, cutting Pouncey saves 8 million, cutting Haden saves 7 Million. Cutting McDonald saves 5 million. Cutting Ebron saves 6 Million.

Suddenly you have 32 Million in cap space instead. Sign cheaply. Build the lines. Resign Watt, and JuJu and Hilton. Maybe even see if Bud wants to come back for a year or two after that injury. Could be a reasonable price (But I doubt it).

Also cutting Derek Watt is probably a good idea. Paying a FB that much and basically never use him (2 runs in the playoff game was is only offensive touches all season) was laughable, he didn't change their special teams in any way that would justify that contract.