• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lionstop speaks: Off-season prediction pt 1

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rate U of Was CB Peters as the better prospect as far as progression, 1-3 yrs down the road cb over Waynes. Once again, Peters has that character flaw regarding the asst. coach garbage. Peters might possibly drop to 2nd rd, not necessarily all the way down to our #54 pick. maybe early to top 15 2nd rd. If Peters were to check out with +character than media stated, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Peters is bigger and more than likely the stronger of the two. Peters has that Earl Thomas hit you when it comes to run support. He'll take some bad angles, like all cb's, be an ankle swiper while lunging for the tackle.

Keep an eye out for Ole Miss FS Cody Prewitt (would love to have that kid Prewitt if he somehow lasted to our round 4 pick #119. move him to SS. he's a strong asset in run support yet still possesses good to very good coverage skills, almost Kam Chancellor-esque).

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me a versatile o-lineman like Zack Miller that would be available at our spot.

BTW, only a few days ago I read that both Waddle and Lucas are better suited at LT, not RT. The article was about drafting the kid from Pittsburgh. The idea of the better of the Lucas/Wattle/rookie camp battle at LT, another of them at RT, and Reiff inside at LG where they felt he was best suited.

I want whatever player can bring the versatility to let us assemble the best group at whatever position they are best at. I would still add Hudson as well. I don't care if that puts Swanson on the bench. Put together a killer line and any RB can run through it. Select the supposed best RB in the draft with a garbage line, and thats exactly what they were last year and that RB isn't going to do jack shit.

Best thing you can give Stafford is a real running game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^
I would say this years closet prospect to Zach Martin (ex-Golden Domer, now Cowboys OL) is LSU La'el Collins (I wouldn't think he be good at C) or more than likely FSU C/LT/LG Cameron Erving as it was noted by Kiper/Mayock/McShay that he could possibly play all 5 OL positions (I don't see Erving being that good as a RG, IMO)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My idea is as simple as this:

To fix our washed up running game, I make signing Hudson a priority in FA or if that doesnt go down, give me a different G that has starter potential. Id be banking on coming into the season with Rieff, Swanson, Hudson, Warford and Waddle as the starters. I consider that an improved interior line.

Then, assuming one of these RBs are ranked high enough, I take my chances on what I think is the top RB in the draft. Accomplish that and you now have a young oline, a young game changing RB and a vet in Bell. Problem solved in my eyes.

Then.

Assuming Suh is retained, lets build on the defense, which I dont think requires much. For my money, I would hope Peters is there in round two but if not, lets take a different guy or get some help on the dline. Id sign Mosley, so he would be my starter alongside Suh, so a DT would be nice but not a must. In round two, we can add an upgrade at any position on the defense and Ill be happy.

As it stands, I like Gordon/Coleman in the first and Peters/CB/DE in the second.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Centers

1. Cameron Erving, Florida St.
2. Hroniss Grasu, Oregon
3. Reese Dismukes, Auburn
4. Andy Gallik, Boston College
5. BJ Finney, Kansas St.
6. Jake Smith, Louisville
7. Greg Mancz, Toledo
8. Shane McDermott, Miami (Fla.)
9. Max Garcia, Florida
10. David Andrews, Georgia
No major changes here at the top, though I have Grasu ahead of Dismukes now. Erving just transitioned to center so exceptionally well, and also offers versatility to play virtually anywhere on the line, it's hard not to keep him there. I do think he has a shot at Round 1, though I wouldn't expect it were the draft held tomorrow.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rate U of Was CB Peters as the better prospect as far as progression, 1-3 yrs down the road cb over Waynes. Once again, Peters has that character flaw regarding the asst. coach garbage. Peters might possibly drop to 2nd rd, not necessarily all the way down to our #54 pick. maybe early to top 15 2nd rd. If Peters were to check out with +character than media stated, I'd take him in a heart beat.

Peters is bigger and more than likely the stronger of the two. Peters has that Earl Thomas hit you when it comes to run support. He'll take some bad angles, like all cb's, be an ankle swiper while lunging for the tackle.

Keep an eye out for Ole Miss FS Cody Prewitt (would love to have that kid Prewitt if he somehow lasted to our round 4 pick #119. move him to SS. he's a strong asset in run support yet still possesses good to very good coverage skills, almost Kam Chancellor-esque).

I just can't boast for the head cases anymore. Kind of like Aaron Berry that was pretty good and could of had a nice career but the dumb ass was swinging a gun around and acting a fool. Now he is borderline roster trash around the league.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting comparisons

Most fascinating pro comps for prospects in 2015 NFL Draft - NFL.com

Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State
The NFL comp: Marshawn Lynch
The skinny: Ajayi (6-foot, 216 pounds) is about the same size as Lynch was entering the league, but what really catches my eye is that Ajayi has the same wide base as he approaches the line of scrimmage. He has a wide, powerful base, and he runs very aggressively like Lynch. I'm not saying he's as good as Lynch is right now, but his running style is very similar.

Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
The NFL comp: Aqib Talib
The skinny: Both entered the draft with off-field concerns. They show similar body language when things don't go their way on the field and are both volatile, but their playing styles are similar, too. They both love to attack the ball and sit down on routes to try to make things happen.

Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
The NFL comp: Darren McFadden
The skinny: They're both upright runners with home-run speed. They can both catch it out of the backfield and make you pay. Neither has great wiggle -- they don't make you miss very often.

Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
The NFL comp: C.J. Spiller
The skinny: Like Spiller, Johnson has ridiculous foot quickness and lateral agility. He can catch the ball out of the backfield with ease. He is a very natural runner, but like Spiller, Johnson faces questions about whether he can hold up to the pounding he'll take in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mong-most-freakish-athletes-in-2015-nfl-draft

Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
Particulars: 5-9, 206
Zierlein's take: Has lightning in his feet. Has hips and feet to stop and start without stalling. Rare ability on stretch plays to hit cutback lanes that other backs can't get to. Changes direction without breaking stride. Has second gear around the corner and can erase the angles.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459787/article/top-five-2015-nfl-draft-prospects-by-position

Running Backs
1. Todd Gurley, Georgia
2. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
3. Tevin Coleman, Indiana
4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
5. T.J. Yeldon, Alabama
Gordon is not only a home-run hitter with outstanding speed and quickness, but he is a dependable workhorse capable of shouldering a heavy workload as a feature back. Gurley's injury knocks him down the charts, yet he remains the most complete back in the class. Keep an eye on Johnson as a LeSean McCoy clone with spectacular running and receiving skills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...top-active-nfl-players-who-are-former-walkons

keep on eye out for Kansas St. C BJ Finney.. Love this kid's skill-set should he fall to late 4th or especially 5th rd. I'd still rather hope the Lions try to see if they could sign FA Hudson. I honestly believe Finney could be a worthy look-see. Finney's not big enough for OG tho.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker82 said:
And prater, who knows what would have happened in the offs if they hit FGS earlier in the season.

YES. Prater is a must sign, reasonably though. He does have that sitch with alcohol dependency and the always possible suspension looming should he screw up again.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And prater, who knows what would have happened in the offs if they hit FGS earlier in the season.

Yep. We may have had a bye guaranteed heading into Lambeau had we had a competent one earlier on.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES. Prater is a must sign, reasonably though. He does have that sitch with alcohol dependency and the always possible suspension looming should he screw up again.

Ehh. Janikowski might also. He can still kick the fuck out of the ball. I don't even care if he comes drunk to the games as long as he aims for the ball in the middle.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho-Lee Fuk, it would be pretty hilarious to see a liquored-up kicker whiff completely and pull a Charlie Brown during a live NFL game. Not our kicker, of course, but maybe Chicago's kicker or the Cowgays kicker...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't settled in on my specific player yet but L'al Collins remains very high on my list.

I absolutely still think signing Hudson would be great. He is the clear cut starter at C. Warford easily holds down his position at RG.

Now you have the ability to look at Waddle/Collins/Lucas at LT. I may be the loner here but I think one either Waddle or Collins can hold down that job and therefore kick Reiff inside. If neither of them have it then you have a battle for the LG spot between Collins and Swanson. At the RT spot you again have Waddle/Lucas/Collins battling for that spot, unless Collins has already secured the LG spot.

Selecting Collins and signing Hudson creates all kinds of possible combinations along that line to put together the best one possible. It also leaves up very well prepared with depth for injury protection.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Duke Johnson Kid a lot. He reminds me of David Wilson coming out with that elite burst. Without the fumbling issues, of course.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope we don't get Millenhewed and dude picks Yeldon. Guy looks like another Alabama bust.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Duke Johnson Kid a lot. He reminds me of David Wilson coming out with that elite burst. Without the fumbling issues, of course.

J. Best without getting a concussion from a strong wind gust.

It's funny because I actually went further in my first post talking specifically about Duke Johnson in the 3rd rd. Explosive home run hitter, catch out of the backfield, special teams ability, change of pace, thunder and lightning with Bell, etc. Get an o-line that can block first and he'd be a great addition.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round, to be honest. I think he's the 4th RB off the board after Gordon, Coleman, then Gurley, so if we want to take him, imo, it would have to be with our 2nd round pick. I'd be fine with that pick, though, because he reminds me a lot of LeSean McCoy as an every down back who can run and catch and hit a home run on any given touch...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be gone by our second.