• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs Browns Game Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out great for Titus Young.

Dont go pissing in my cheerios. I'm saying Broyles will be pushing Megatron as the #1 WR and i'm sticking to it.:suds:

I will say this. IF Broyles can give the Lions a solid #3 WR, which IMO, I'm not sold on any of the others we have. Detroit's offense is going to be absolutely sick. I think they are going to be very good anyways, but if they can find another WR who can get open and catch the ball -- this offense will be really tough to stop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two broke the string of agreement... Although I am sure MikeD kidding. Damn I hope.

I would have to be really drunk to actually believe Broyles would push Calvin for the #1 WR. So yes -- I was trying to bring some humor to the thread.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogletree may have been pushing for third spot, but Broyles is making a better case

The bitch fest earlier of Ogilvy may be mute point. He may never see roster. He also got out produced by Durham:L and Broyles looked good.

I think this Winn kid pushes Miller out the door later this month. Small sample size, but I hate fumbles. Lions have enough of those guys in backfield.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network oops just saw your other post. If Suh played I didn't notice him

I think Suh and Levy only played 1 series. They showed them on the graphic as starting but I did not see them either.

Lions have not kept in many starters after the first series. Ravioli not in either.

On the flip side, the Browns have kept most of their starters in well into the second quarter. The have also blitzed on almost every play. Pretty bush league for the 1st game of preseason.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier he dropped a pass and did not run well. Its not a huge deal. Only a couple of series. Still The other kids look better.

Wynn is looking good for sure. I've been reading his name a bit for his tough running in camp.

Leshoure is averaging over 4 YPC so far today, which is good.

Miller has a fumble and dropped a 1st down pass on 3rd down, so not a great day for him thus far.

I'm not being argumentative about Riddick, I'm just confused. He didn't have a carry, and that drop was Steven Miller, if we're thinking about the same play. The only one I saw go to Riddick was that 9 or 10 yard catch that Orlovsky got him crushed on.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont go pissing in my cheerios. I'm saying Broyles will be pushing Megatron as the #1 WR and i'm sticking to it.:suds:

I will say this. IF Broyles can give the Lions a solid #3 WR, which IMO, I'm not sold on any of the others we have. Detroit's offense is going to be absolutely sick. I think they are going to be very good anyways, but if they can find another WR who can get open and catch the ball -- this offense will be really tough to stop.

Ross looked pretty good on his few plays. Already looks like he is on the team with his returns so keeping him as a backup WR as well seems to be a higher probability.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bitch fest earlier of Ogilvy may be mute point. He may never see roster. He also got out produced by Durham:L and Broyles looked good.

I think this Winn kid pushes Miller out the door later this month. Small sample size, but I hate fumbles. Lions have enough of those guys in backfield.

I don't think either make the roster, but Winn will take the practice squad RB spot over Miller if he keeps playing like this all preseason...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynn is looking good for sure. I've been reading his name a bit for his tough running in camp.

Leshoure is averaging over 4 YPC so far today, which is good.

Miller has a fumble and dropped a 1st down pass on 3rd down, so not a great day for him thus far.

I'm not being argumentative about Riddick, I'm just confused. He didn't have a carry, and that drop was Steven Miller, if we're thinking about the same play. The only one I saw go to Riddick was that 9 or 10 yard catch that Orlovsky got him crushed on.

Possible I got them confused then as that sounds like the play I thought Miller made up the middle and I thought Riddick dropped a pass. I know Miller fumbled though.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know CJ is out and Tate barely played but the drops are making me nervous.

Same with oline play.

Broyles and Jason Jones have played better than I thought.

Special teams coverage has been decent.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, the Browns have kept most of their starters in well into the second quarter. The have also blitzed on almost every play. Pretty bush league for the 1st game of preseason.

He is not far removed from high school coaching. Doesn't know better.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh and Levy only played 1 series. They showed them on the graphic as starting but I did not see them either.

Lions have not kept in many starters after the first series. Ravioli not in either.

I thought so too. You usually don't blitz that much in the preseason, especially in game one.

If Johnny CokeHead is back in after the half we should repeatedly send the house and put him on his ass a few times to give Pettine a message about preseason etiquette.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either make the roster, but Winn will take the practice squad RB spot over Miller if he keeps playing like this all preseason...

That is what my dumb ass was trying to say. Winn takes Miller out of PS equation. Not roster spot

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so too. You usually don't blitz that much in the preseason, especially in game one.

If Johnny CokeHead is back in after the half we should repeatedly send the house and put him on his ass a few times to give Pettine a message about preseason etiquette.

Okay what a minute. There is pre season unwritten rules like baseball. Holy wow, had no clue.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same with oline play.

You were saying:lol:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same with oline play.

Lol special teams coverage nevermind

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay what a minute. There is pre season unwritten rules like baseball. Holy wow, had no clue.

Oh yeah- blitzing is generally pretty frowned upon for the first couple of games unless the coaches talked about it before-hand. Usually both coaches expect each other to keep it pretty vanilla while they get their first chance to install their plays.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same with oline play.

Don't sweat it Kreton. It is the preseason. Both teams are going to play pretty vanilla and the starters were only on the field for one series for our offense.

The drops -- we just have to accept it. They are going to happen. With Tate done already and CJ not playing -- I'm guessing we will see a couple more drops as well.

Regular season is what we have to worry about. If our actual starters are dropping a lot of balls -- Then we have to start worrying.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Johnson is looking strong after all the camp hype we've been hearing about him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Franklin gets some time at QB. I like his prospects better than Moore's...