• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs Browns Game Thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are indeed facts- I posted his career drop percentage right there for you to see, and it flatly disproved your suggestion that he's had a career issue with drops. Who, exactly, is the ONE ignoring the facts?

Are you guys really arguing during a preseason game? Who cares about Ogletree. Even if he does make the team -- unless we end up with a string of injuries, he will not be doing much at all on the field. With pass catchers like Megatron, Tate, Ebron, Pettigrew, Bush and Bell, as well as Fauria -- Ogletree, even if he was on the field would be the last option.

No one is shocked that a Lions WR is dropping passes -- it seems to be contagious. It is what it is.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fumble. Defense needs to give Miller a boot in the ass for that one.

He wasn't going to make the team anyways, but he can get back on the practice squad to give us another option as a speed back and return man if injuries necessitate it later on.

Gotta knock that shit off if he wants to make the p-squad, though.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've counted 4 drops. That bothers me. Loose coverage bothers . And our o line play is worrisome. It's preseason and plenty of time to work on these things but Lions were plagued by them last year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice -play by Van Noy

THAT is what the Lions defense needs. Players who are making tackles, but also going after the ball to force turnovers. Turnovers are going to be huge for the Lions success this season. If the defense can force some turnovers and give the offense some short fields -- Detroit will be very competitive.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi- your link didn't say a word about him having career drop issues. Like I said, you made that up because you like to complain about our players whenever the opportunity presents.

Fine, it doesn't say career. It clearly says that he dropped too many balls, going all the way back to the pre-season, but that's not important. Nor is it valid, because he plays for your favorite team now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York offices will get a call from the Bat Phone....

Goddell to refs... Did you just stop Manzie panzie mania from taking the field

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Broyles sighting. He made the catch AND he didn't injure himself. That is a huge plus.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are you arguing about? He was cut midseason for dropping the ball too much. Which is why I wasn't surprised that he dropped a ball thrown right into his chest. Sorry if it hurt your apparent strong feelings for the guy. Good grief.

I'm arguing with your plain and clear assertion that you expect Ogletree to drop the ball because he has a career habit of dropping passes. He doesn't, you're just being sour.

The unfounded criticisms get old after a while. Our team has plenty of bad spots to talk about, making up shit to bitch about that isn't even true just seems like overkill.

If you're going to make a negative statement that's proven wrong, at least man up and don't try to twist out of it. What you wrote is there to see, no reason trying to deny it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man -- Leshoure looks faster to me.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a bite of a york peppeermint pattie for Broyles to stay healthy.

He does have good hands and would really IMO be awesome with CJ and Tate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm arguing with your plain and clear assertion that you expect Ogletree to drop the ball because he has a career habit of dropping passes. He doesn't, you're just being sour.

Drop it already -- it is preseason and you guys are arguing about a guy who has a 50/50 shot to make the team.

That being said -- you are both right. I didn't read either article, but TP says he has a 4.3% drop rate for his "career" -- So he has had years where he had good hands. jayfan is right -- Ogletree was cut from the Bucs because he couldn't hang on to the ball.

You both win. Now let's get back to talk about how fast Leshoure looks.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career habit of dropping balls. Which led to him being cut mid-season by the Bucs.

See, there it is. Your article says he got cut, in part, for dropping passes with the Bucs dating all the way back to last year's preseason.

You just exaggerated the rest to make it seem like he's worse than he is so you could give us the old "to you so" routine.

Didn't work, you got called to the carpet on it because I had just happened to read that article that I linked that talked about him having dependable hands over the course of his career.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a bite of a york peppeermint pattie for Broyles to stay healthy.

He does have good hands and would really IMO be awesome with CJ and Tate.

Agree 100%. Prior to the string of injuries with the Lions, he showed some potential. My expectations aren't too big for him, as he has had about the worst luck possible for a WR with both knees and an achilles injury. They say he is the hardest working player they have seen in his rehabs though, so maybe he can come back and be the players wanted him to be when they spent a high pick on him.

Our #3 just needs to run good routes underneath and catch the damn ball. Those were Broyles strengths coming out of Oklahoma. So who knows?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 yard run from Leshoure????

Sure he couldnhave gotten 1 yard here and there last year.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The unfounded criticisms get old after a while. Our team has plenty of bad spots to talk about, making up shit to bitch about that isn't even true just seems like overkill.

If you're going to make a negative statement that's proven wrong, at least man up and don't try to twist out of it. What you wrote is there to see, no reason trying to deny it.

And you'd rather simmer over the use of a word (which you did not disprove, by the way) than acknowledge the fact that the guy was cut for dropping passes. Or is that unfounded, too?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit Aaron berry?