• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs Browns Game Thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerome Couplin and Larry Webster are looking good. Granted it is against 3 stringers, but it is still good to see. Certainly better than not making a difference against 3rd stringers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, bad snap by Swanson. Too bad, he played well up to that point except for 1 other play he got blown up.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to watch second half yet. See what the scrubs did. Had a fire and some s'mores
Way better than second half foosball.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have not seen the running joke here? Someone called him Olgeevy or something. We posted bad news bears and shit.

Safeties all looked real good. CBs were really not noticeable so that is better than last year but we need to get better there. WRs all looked good except Oglevy (Yes that was my Sr. moment).

O-line was shaky, LBs were not great.

Kelan Moore > Dan O.

Officiating is going to be extremely annoying this year. Granted that new rule works in our favor. Our CBs don't get close enough to anyone to draw a penalty and our WRs will be open.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network keeps talking about how this wouldn't be happening if Browns starting oline was in. Fuck them. It's our 2nd string too

Did you have Wilcox as commentator? He was doing game for a Cleveland channel. Seemed like some homer shit pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safeties all looked real good. CBs were really not noticeable so that is better than last year but we need to get better there. WRs all looked good except Oglevy (Yes that was my Sr. moment).

O-line was shaky, LBs were not great.

Kelan Moore > Dan O.

Officiating is going to be extremely annoying this year. Granted that new rule works in our favor. Our CBs don't get close enough to anyone to draw a penalty and our WRs will be open.

Was not going to call you out old lion. I knew it was you.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore looked surprisingly good. Miller and Winn both had good second halves. Jerome Couplin laid some lumber as well.

Nice to see the bubble players fighting for a spot.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have Wilcox as commentator? He was doing game for a Cleveland channel. Seemed like some homer shit pretty much.
Yea that commentary was brutal. He kept bringing up Clevelands 2nd string like they playing our starters

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bitching about our secondary playing off, not being aggressive and needing to be on those receivers. Apparently they are no longer allowed. These new rules are going to make for some high scoring games.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ultra-late flag against Green was a joke. The played bullied the ref into throwing the flag- that should never, ever happen.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looked like the same crappy Lions v. Browns pre season I see every year.

Anyone notice how bad our WRs still look without Calvin out there? The best one is probably Ogletree, a guy with less than a 50% chance to make this team whose made a career out of dropping balls. That's why the Buck cut him mid season. Unbelievable.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs

I'm also disappointed that we didn't get any big Manziel highlights (good or bad).

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that commentary was brutal. He kept bringing up Clevelands 2nd string like they playing our starters

Especially since it was exactly the opposite for the entire first half. We had almost all our starters (the ones who actually played anyway) out after the first series where the Browns kept all there starters in until halfway through the second quarter. They also blitzed the entire first half which is ridiculous for game 1 of the preseason. Luckily no one got hurt.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone notice how bad our WRs still look without Calvin out there? The best one is probably Ogletree, a guy with less than a 50% chance to make this team whose made a career out of dropping balls. That's why the Buck cut him mid season. Unbelievable.

I am pretty sure it is just you. Our WRs looked better than I have seen in years. Tate looked good, Broyles is back for sure, and even Durham held on to everything and made catches in traffic. Our little speedy WRs did very well especially Peacock. Fuller looked very poised and got open deep twice and caught 1 for a TD.

Ogletree and Ebron disappointed. Ogletree is struggling to hold on to the ball which is unfortunate because he is a superior route runner and gets open often. Ebron does not look as fast as advertised and needs better technique catching the ball. Fauria looked like he improved his route running and made some nice catches. He will at least be the pass catching TE. Pettigrew is going to be reduced to the blocking TE.

Here is what I am looking at as of now.

Megatron
Tate
Broyles
Durham
Fuller
Ross

My guess is we keep one of the speedy guys too since we don't want to have Ross out there too much since he has turned into a phenomenal return guy. Maybe Peacock but stash him on the practice squad.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it is just you. Our WRs looked better than I have seen in years. Tate looked good, Broyles is back for sure, and even Durham held on to everything and made catches in traffic. Our little speedy WRs did very well especially Peacock. Fuller looked very poised and got open deep twice and caught 1 for a TD.

Ogletree and Ebron disappointed. Ogletree is struggling to hold on to the ball which is unfortunate because he is a superior route runner and gets open often. Ebron does not look as fast as advertised and needs better technique catching the ball. Fauria looked like he improved his route running and made some nice catches. He will at least be the pass catching TE. Pettigrew is going to be reduced to the blocking TE.

Here is what I am looking at as of now.

Megatron
Tate
Broyles
Durham
Fuller
Ross

My guess is we keep one of the speedy guys too since we don't want to have Ross out there too much since he has turned into a phenomenal return guy. Maybe Peacock but stash him on the practice squad.
I think Fauria will play a more of an inline TE/goalline threat. He doesn't have enough speed to be a threat down the seam as a pass catching TE. In camp, he improved his blocking technique and is now a pretty serviceable blocker.

I was pretty disappointed at all the drops even though they were by our backups. All of them were pretty easy catches. I remember Ebron, Ogletree and Peacock had one but I don't remember any of them.

On a side note, this was my first lions game!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ogletree was the best? Clearly you did not watch the game and are just trolling because of the argument tp and Jay fan had.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it is just you. Our WRs looked better than I have seen in years.

Years? They scored 1 TD and that came at the end of the 4th quarter.

Last edited by a moderator: