• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS SIGN WR MARVIN JONES

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm defense defense defense also, but I will say it be hard for me to pass on Elliot sitting at 16. Never been huge on RBs early, but he will be a beast for some team.

Only other guy for me that's not defense would be Stanley if he fell to 16

Lions would be fools to pass on Elliot.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions would be fools to pass on Elliot.

could go many ways. possibly looking for more power back/in between tackles type that can take a pounding (don't see AA as that rb) while having AA and Riddick both as 3rd down receiving options out of backfield. many ways to look at this.

might be someone like Henry late in first, obviously trading down, or waiting for someone like Indy U Jordan Howard starting earliest of 4th round or beyond. It could even be RB like Arky RB Alex Collins in 3rd round.

I will say this about Zeke in that he was the very best CFB RB when it came to pass-pro and picking up blitzes.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts with Elliot are that I like ZZ, but is ZZ for sure a true power back that is needed. So if you wait until later rounds you can upgrade over ZZ possibly.

After the previous GM taking one last year early it's a move I'm not that big on. Unless it is Elliot. Elliot is a grandslam upgrade over ZZ. Once you see him run in game action and the Lions actually pick up first downs, they'll forget how mad they were.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what i'm missing with Elliot but he looks worse than Melvin Gordon to me. The holes he got in college will not be there with our o-line blocking for him. Running Back is a minor need and should not be looked at before our Suh comp pick.(He did do a really good job of holding on to the ball in college though so that would be a plus if we went that rout)

I'm not a fan of spending money on Wide Receivers but getting the top FA guy for 8 million per year in this inflated market is a win :suds:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Stomp. Elliot reminds me of Mark Ingram. Solid but unspectacular. I think he'll be a mediocre pro and not worth the #16 pick. If we're drafting a powerback, I'd wait until day 3 and try to land Jordan Howard.

I dig the Marvin Jones signing. $8 mil is probably a little too much but under the circumstances it was necessary. I'm thinking though that we have 2 strong #2s and not a #1 and #2 but hopefully Jones or Tate or preferrably both prove me wrong.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu getting 32 over 4 makes the 40 over 5 we paid Jones seem like a better bargain

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu getting 32 over 4 makes the 40 over 5 we paid Jones seem like a better bargain

I thought I saw 32.5 for 5. Still a shit ton for that guy. He is barely a number 2.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Marvin Jones can bring. Very underrated receiver. Miss Megatron though,

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he can stay on the field.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions place wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr. on IR

For the second straight season, Marvin is headed to IR.

Lions head coach Matt Patricia announced on Tuesday that Jones is headed to injured reserve with an ankle injury. Patricia noted that Jones injured his ankle on the final drive of the game after his foot got stuck in the turf.

Patricia would not comment on whether Jones will need surgery on his ankle, but to the receiver’s credit, he finished out the game playing every single snap for the Lions (though there was only one more offensive play in the game after the injury).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means BQ will jump all over the chance to draft Juedy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means BQ will jump all over the chance to draft Juedy.

Probably so.

Jeudy's teammate ,Ruggs lll, is the better prospect, imo. (as long as Ruggs ends up being drafted by a team that has a QB that can utilize him correctly or either of those two for that matter).

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions place wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr. on IR

For the second straight season, Marvin is headed to IR.

Lions head coach Matt Patricia announced on Tuesday that Jones is headed to injured reserve with an ankle injury. Patricia noted that Jones injured his ankle on the final drive of the game after his foot got stuck in the turf.

Patricia would not comment on whether Jones will need surgery on his ankle, but to the receiver’s credit, he finished out the game playing every single snap for the Lions (though there was only one more offensive play in the game after the injury).

Translation: We are tanking the season by putting any decent player on IR for even the slightest injury. We should end up with 3rd pick in the draft.

I look forward to seeing more of Marvin Hall. I am hoping to be rid of Amendola next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: We are tanking the season by putting any decent player on IR for even the slightest injury. We should end up with 3rd pick in the draft.

I look forward to seeing more of Marvin Hall. I am hoping to be rid of Amendola next year.

Hope this is true. Maybe Martha already told them both they’re returning next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: We are tanking the season by putting any decent player on IR for even the slightest injury.

I'm fine with MJ going on IR. Why risk further injury if he could possibly play in any of the remaining games.