• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well youre bragging about their cap skills. All they did since they took over was dump all their contracts and rebuild(during the new CBA era.) The organization as a whole was in cap hell before. Mayhew was trying to win for us. I give him credit for that. The cap situation was inherited. Signing Staff and Calvin was a must and he did it in market. I like those 2 guys...I don't think he had a choice.

I was not bragging. Just stating their cap guy has a different thought process than Lewand. It may work, it may not.
I also understand the position Lewand was in with three big contracts. I get why they did what they did. It worked on reaching the playoffs, just not beyond that season. So it looks worse three years later. Now to make a excuse that those guys were stuck doing it. They also were part of the FO during that tenure of top 5 picks, right? So the guys in Miami dumping bad contracts is a start in the right direction.

In my opinion they chose to restructure those contracts knowing it was a win now philosophy. Knowing that the can stops rolling eventually...It back fired and they could not afford Suh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i remember about that picks is Lions fans bitching to high hell because DT wasn't a need and Robert Quinn and Prince Amukamara were on the board both needs and values.

See how that works? The bitching never ends. Lol

I'm just upset that people are even discussing needs when it comes to players drafted...

It's always been BPA... this year is no different

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew starts winning and people will stop complaining for the most part...

I highly doubt that. some people hang onto history 4 ever.. Mayhew will never be looked at as a good GM.

I did read most part

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not bragging. Just stating their cap guy has a different thought process than Lewand. It may work, it may not.
I also understand the position Lewand was in with three big contracts. I get why they did what they did. It worked on reaching the playoffs, just not beyond that season. So it looks worse three years later. Now to make a excuse that those guys were stuck doing it. They also were part of the FO during that tenure of top 5 picks, right? So the guys in Miami dumping bad contracts is a start in the right direction.

In my opinion they chose to restructure those contracts knowing it was a win now philosophy. Knowing that the can stops rolling eventually...It back fired and they could not afford Suh.
I think they had a pretty good idea they weren't going to be able to afford Suh.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that. some people hang onto history 4 ever.. Mayhew will never be looked at as a good GM.

I did read most part
I am probably his biggest hater but if he delivers a Lombardi Trophy what more could I possibly ask for? I won't have anything to complain about?

The sole reason for which I am a member of this board will be gone and I will no longer have anything to post. I am somewhat torn by that dilemma. Thankfully for me LewanDUI will always be an idiot and therefore provide plenty to complain about always.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Laken pick. No reach IMO. When a guy seems to be rated high on your big board and you know he will not be there at #54.

Not to happy with Ameer. I like the RB pick, just not him.

I am fine taking CB's every draft. One of the hardest positions to get developed. We will see if Austin is CB whisperer. They get a slot corner from Carter or Diggs and possibly a S from Carter as some have said. Be nice to see at least one develop.

Not pleased with the player picked. Not highly upset at the trade up. I give credit for a team getting the guy they wanted. I liked both picks of the kickers instead battling with other teams over a UDFA. I will reserve the right to complain later. Why do it before we see what Gabe does? Martin worked out great and Freese flat out sucked.

The fullback pick filled a need. Even with my feelings of Mayhew getting the guy he wanted. Not to happy with taking him there. As even still a few guys I liked were still on the board. That is about as optimistic or glass half full I can be there.

All ready covered Diggs.

Robinson I have no problem with as a depth move and possible development kid on the line. Needed another T to start the season anyway. With seeing Lucas and Waddle being somewhat productive as UDFAs I can see him adventually contributing. Been lucky with that stretch of guys. I would imagine by by seasons end we will see were they're on a RT. might be early pick next year.

All in all I give the draft about a C+. Could go hire in a few years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always been BPA... this year is no different

Please tell me you are joking around when you say this. Even Mayhew couldn't help but crack a smile when questioned if they were still using the BPA philosophy this year.

Don't get me wrong -- I think they took the BPA still, but it was the BPA at a position they needed to fill. :)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we took the FB in the 5th my immediate thought was "special teams."

Mayhew made the comment earlier this offseason that they would be drafting some special team demons to improve the coverage units. He also mentioned that Lawson was intended to be a core special teamer last year, as well. Also, IAQ was sought out in free agency last year in large part due to his special teams prowess, from what I remember reading.

They're serious about finding role players (FBs, Dimebacks, 6th LB) who can be "core" special teamers who play all four phases and do it well.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make you a lifetime avatar bet that they aren't.
Ok OK...the Jets might be, probably are worse. The Jets will struggle to score but should have a good defense. This will be the Fins lone divisional win. I'm going to stick with 7-9 Fins 6-10 Jets. Pats and Bills may both reach double digit wins next year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok OK...the Jets might be, probably are worse. The Jets will struggle to score but should have a good defense. This will be the Fins lone divisional win. I'm going to stick with 7-9 Fins 6-10 Jets. Pats and Bills may both reach double digit wins next year.

I think Miami is a 10 win football team, talent wise. Now it's gotta translate to the field.

The Jets D is fun to watch. Their O, not so much.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people like the guard pick and not the Abdullah pick but I see it the other way around. Abdullah is going be the best pick of this draft class. He can cut on a dime.
He fumbles on a nickel, quarter, fiddy cent piece and those Sacajewea dollars though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fumbles on a nickel, quarter, fiddy cent piece and those Sacajewea dollars though.

Maybe the coaches fix that. AP used to fumble a lot too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the coaches fix that. AP used to fumble a lot too.
Not playing cured that.

But maybe Abdullah's high character allows our coaches to get him to take care of the ball. He'll adapt. E'rybody will adapt. Especially with a fullback from Rutgers leading the way. (I started snorting Blue Kool Aid powder halfway thru that post. that Shit burns man.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is gonna be doing A LOT of blocking this year.