• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions hire…Jim Caldwell?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Gary Kubiak not want to coach anymore??

Surprised that I didn't hear his name being bantered about amidst all of the coaching vacancies.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Caldwell makes them better, but I think he can make them disciplined. The Lions have incredible talent, but they had no discipline. Without regard to scheme, if Caldwell can get them focused on playing good between the whistles football, without any of the extra post play stuff, he'll be a good hire.

:agree:
...the total opposite of Schwartz, from one extreme to the next, and for that reason I think this is a good hire.

They need playmakers on defense (secondary) to compliment their stout D line... and "defensive minded" coach wouldn't necessarily fix that on it's own.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange move, although he will have a calming influence on the players after they have been coached by a psychotic group for a while. This would bee like getting a new roommate and going from Gary busey to mother Theresa.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, the Pissons remain my least favorite NBA squad. Hopefully, after debt collectors take over your city, they will move to Nebraska or some other hell hole.

You spelled Republicans wrong. And the Pistons are in Aubrurn Hills FYI, not Detroit.