• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions hire…Jim Caldwell?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't develop Rivers but I would say helped him get back on track and play to his strengths. The Chargers the last few years have asked Rivers to do more than what he was capable of especially with the OL that he was playing behind. Norv was asking him to do 7-step drops and look for the deep ball. With the OL he had though that just wasn't possible to execute on a regular basis. Wisenhunt and McCoy designed an offense with the idea of getting the ball out of Rivers' hands as quickly as possible then playing some ball control with the run game. They got him back to dumping it off to his safety valve like he used to with Sproles and Tomlinson.

How much of that was Whiz & how much of that was McCoy? McCoy is the former QB coach, not Whiz. And it helps that he had more offensive weapons this season than in the last two. You can give him credit for calling the plays that help Rivers succeed this season, but you can't say he developed him.

Rivers had all of the talent in the world but couldnt put it together. He did start warner over leinart so theres that.

Rivers was a 4x pro bowler long before Whiz entered the picture in SD. And this is the first season he has had weapons on offense since Jackson left. He spent 6 seasons in AZ & couldn't develop a QB. He had Multiple young QB(s) on the team during that span, one a 1st round pick, another a 2nd round pick, and yet he couldn't develop a QB.

So let me get this straight. He doesnt get credit for rivers although rivers and their offense improved drastically under him while he was there and also doesnt get credit for ben because he "took off" after whisenhunt left. Although for a young qb ben was very impressive while ken was there. So which is it, does a coach/coordinator get credit after he leaves or while hes there? You managed to completely contadict yourself Mike, all the while managing to know what develop means, haha.

I said you can give him some credit for Ben. But while Whiz was there, they were a heavy run team firdt. It wasn't till Arians took over that they started passing more & Ben took off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man I pity the pacers so I guess we are even.

~Laffin~ I am still mad because I picked your team to win the division and a few more games than they did.

However, the Pissons remain my least favorite NBA squad. Hopefully, after debt collectors take over your city, they will move to Nebraska or some other hell hole.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a copy paste from another board but sums it up well:

"Jim Caldwell is 24-8 when he has Peyton Manning, 28-77 (counting college coaching career) when he doesn't"

I really don't know what to say to Detroit fan... >shrugs< You never know, this could be his break out year?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was either the best or second best opening or a HC job in the NFL.....And they come up with this....

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Norv is a great offensive mind. Jim Caldwell is as incompetent as they get.

Norv WAS a great offensive mind. When you run the same offense for 20 years defenses start to catch on.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hyped up for this mediocre ass coach riding Manning's coatails let's go!!!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they do this? I don't understand. They could've done a lot better than this. I can only hope I'm wrong, but this is going to worst hire of them all and he won't last long at all. There may be a lot of talent, but they have not developed into their full potential. I just don't think Caldwell can develop players. Prepare for more up and down Stafford years. 34 TDs, 26 INTs like years. I'm sorry Lions fans, I really am. I already felt bad for you, now its like pure torture for you.

Things finally start looking up and then they turn around and make a horrible hire. I would be very pissed if I was a Lions fan. :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they do this? I don't understand. They could've done a lot better than this. I can only hope I'm wrong, but this is going to worst hire of them all and he won't last long at all. There may be a lot of talent, but they have not developed into their full potential. I just don't think Caldwell can develop players. Prepare for more up and down Stafford years. 34 TDs, 26 INTs like years. I'm sorry Lions fans, I really am. I already felt bad for you, now its like pure torture for you.

Things finally start looking up and then they turn around and make a horrible hire. I would be very pissed if I was a Lions fan. :L

C'mon now 14-2, 10-6, then the bottom fell out w/o PM...don't post that in bold without give them a name...lol.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have given mcdaniels another chance over this guy..

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm puzzled by this as well.

If a guy failed in one city, I'd think twice about giving him a shot.

You have the OCCASIONAL success story like with BB failing in Cleveland and having success in NE, but most of the time it doesn't work.

Never be puzzled by the Lions front office, it's as stupid and incompetent as they get.....A team loaded with superior talent on both sides of the ball, and they get a guy that has failed quite miserably at HC and OC and make him their new HC......I am very grateful for their stupidity though, it gets his 3rd rate butt out of baltimore, where he was getting axed anyway....As Mr T would say; I pity the fool....:clap:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Caldwell makes them better, but I think he can make them disciplined. The Lions have incredible talent, but they had no discipline. Without regard to scheme, if Caldwell can get them focused on playing good between the whistles football, without any of the extra post play stuff, he'll be a good hire.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3::doh::bawling:

Only the fucking Lions.

Best off season job on the market and settle for a guy that ran the 29th ranked offense.