• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get the 16th pick

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liking the look of CJ Prosise(3rd or later) from ND Fantastic vision, tough runner with a little stop and go mixed in. Very close in running style to Clinton Portis.

Portis was a great zone runner. I don't remember when he went to Washington what they ran then? Unless a five man overhaul occurs, not sure a big zone guy would work. That shit was scary last year. Brought to you by Lombardi though, so...

He is a nice back though. Somebody was talking about him a bunch at seasons end on a thread. It's Smitty's turn to look for shit. I'm not.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Evan Boehm another possible later round target if we switch back to a power scheme hes very powerful, but lacks mobility so pretty similar to Warford and Tomlinson.

2016 NFL Draft Profile: Evan Boehm

"He's tough as nails. He'll play with pain and he's the kind of guy who can command a locker room. I always look for talent first, but leadership might be just as important from your center and he has that." -- NFC West executive

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Evan Boehm another possible later round target if we switch back to a power scheme hes very powerful, but lacks mobility so pretty similar to Warford and Tomlinson.

"He's tough as nails. He'll play with pain and he's the kind of guy who can command a locker room. I always look for talent first, but leadership might be just as important from your center and he has that." -- NFC West executive

This one looks spot on to me. He is very good in the shot gun as well. He would have to last until at least the 4th round and maybe 5th though. My guess is he will easily because he will most likely put up a 40 time at the combine that you could time on a sun dial.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liking the look of CJ Prosise(3rd or later) from ND Fantastic vision, tough runner with a little stop and go mixed in. Very close in running style to Clinton Portis.

What 3rd rounder? :noidea:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not have said it better myself. Unfortunately I dont see the Lions drafting a FS early. The front 7 will need more attention.

Isn't that what round 1 is for?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last position I want to see drafted in the first two rounds is a S.

DE and DT in first two rounds, imo, unless somehow one of Tunsil or Stanley drop and I cannot see that happening.

However, I could see BQ possibly drafting OT Decker in that first round.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comp pick for Suh doesn't count :noidea:

I need to see it first. NFL has fucked the Lions over on so many things, wouldn't surprise me if they threw us a 4th rounder instead.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is still there in the middle of the second then sure. Thompson is a first rounder though.

No guarantee on that. I haven't seen any major site mock him in the 1st round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantee on that. I haven't seen any major site mock him in the 1st round.

those sites will change most of their first round picks MORE OFTEN between now and the draft than who I want in first round.

wait til after combine, pro-days.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

decent tape even though it's small amount

Evan Boehm vs South Carolina (2015) | Draft Breakdown
Top 200 NFL Prospects 2016 Draft

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U of Indy RB, Jordan Howard, is one of my preferred power RB in this draft. He doesn't have great or explosive lateral speed but he's a hammer running up the gut (most of the time) and will churn forward after contact. He was a UAB transfer when they shut their program down.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very limited on the tape i was looking at tape if the Mizzou RB just hoping to ca5ch a glimpse of him unfortunately most of his tape are ST plays

on that tape, you can see he has the strength and power to anchor and a great intial punch but he looks a little slow and awkward at times running into 2nd level. He's powerful not so much as athletic, imo, which would fit JBC scheme if they remain more power based. He can pull fairly decent just not much speed to get to the edge there.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those sites will change most of their first round picks MORE OFTEN between now and the draft than who I want in first round.

wait til after combine, pro-days.

I agree but you have to remember that those guys doing the mocks on major websites are at the senior bowl, NFLPA and other major football events. Along with their connections with scouts, executives and decision makers. They will never be 100% accurate but they have any idea of where most guys should and will be slotted. Again, nobody has Thompson going in round 1. Maybe he blows up the combine and moves up into round 1 status but that isn't what it's looking like as of now.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but you have to remember that those guys doing the mocks on major websites are at the senior bowl, NFLPA and other major football events. Along with their connections with scouts, executives and decision makers. They will never be 100% accurate but they have any idea of where most guys should and will be slotted. Again, nobody has Thompson going in round 1. Maybe he blows up the combine and moves up into round 1 status but that isn't what it's looking like as of now.

You seem to be correct. Most have him round 2. If he has a mediocre combine he could be there at 2. I think I would prefer to address it in FA though. As of now we do not have a R3 pick yet so I dont think I would want a free safety even in the second. Resign IAQ and add a FA. Get a FA WR too. First 2 rounds can be DL and LB. 4th DL again and fifth OL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any major site mock him in the 1st round.

You seem to be correct. Most have him round 2.

it's way too early to discount him not being a possible first round draft pick

end of story.. he's righ on the cusp as of this time. Senior Bowl proved his worth to be there at this moment. Two plus months to go before draft..

you two want me to go all Miami Vice on yuze