• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get the 16th pick

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavers has no business being drafted in first 3 rounds and quite possibly into 4th round. Some teams OL coach may think he can coach him immediately to play decently but I doubt it. He doesn't have the upper body strength to checkmate DE's, comes out of stance upright nearly every single play, has extremely quick feet, footwork is solid but technique to mirror and keep from giving up inside spins/twists needs big time coaching. all imo. refer to the big guy up in here. I'd take a chance on him in the 5th if he was still there. He's not RT off the bat either, imo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavers has no business being drafted in first 3 rounds and quite possibly into 4th round. Some teams OL coach may think he can coach him immediately to play decently but I doubt it. He doesn't have the upper body strength to checkmate DE's, comes out of stance upright nearly every single play, has extremely quick feet, footwork is solid but technique to mirror and keep from giving up inside spins/twists needs big time coaching. all imo. refer to the big guy up in here. I'd take a chance on him in the 5th if he was still there. He's not RT off the bat either, imo.

Just saw only 20 reps at 225. He will get beat on inside moves with that little strength. Not what you want, but again a couple of training camps can change that and he could turn into a very good LT if he puts the work in.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw only 20 reps at 225. He will get beat on inside moves with that little strength. Not what you want, but again a couple of training camps can change that and he could turn into a very good LT if he puts the work in.

still not in the equation of anything pre 4th round from my perspective but there is "a guy" here who is much better at deciphering OLine film than me. I wouldn't trust me. Hype over Indy AAU track meet are very misleading. If you haven't seen it on film then those numbers don't translate, imo. but i'm wrong 90% of time, maybe.

BTW, Jason Spriggs had 31 reps at 225 and you sure as hell don't see that in punch. But, his footwork, technique and mechanics are so much better than Beavers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not in the equation of anything pre 4th round from my perspective but there is "a guy" here who is much better at deciphering OLine film than me. I wouldn't trust me. Hype over Indy AAU track meet are very misleading. If you haven't seen it on film then those numbers don't translate, imo. but i'm wrong 90% of time, maybe.

BTW, Jason Spriggs had 31 reps at 225 and you sure as hell don't see that in punch. But, his footwork, technique and mechanics are so much better than Beavers.

I dont think you are off, Spriggs will go in the 2nd most likely 3rd at the latest. But someone will take a chance on Beavers as well in the 3rd or 4th though (5th at the latest), whether he deserves to go that early or not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But someone will take a chance on Beavers as well in the 3rd or 4th though (5th at the latest), whether he deserves to go that early or not.

yep. I stated as such that some team will reach for Beavers.

I dont think you are off, Spriggs will go in the 2nd most likely 3rd at the latest

Spriggs most likely won't make it out of 1st round (Sea/Car/Den) and deservedly so. He's extremely athletic with very quick feet but needs to refine technique coming from a spread/zone. He has the traits to work with. He ain't making it past mid 2nd, imo. So, don't be surprised to see him at a local dispensary in Motown if he makes it to #46.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about:

R1 DT Billings or LB Ragland
R2 OT Beavers or Spriggs
R4 OC Boehm

Not sure we are getting a R3 comp back yet but I think we will.

If that happens:

R1 LB Ragland
R2 DT Butler
R3 OT Beavers
R4 OC Boehm

Although personally I think the R2-R4 picks will go earlier than what everyone is projecting so this is probably pie in the sky

I like that C Boehm pick of yours. The FDR in me hopes he lasts until 5th which is highly likely as he has shorts arms but love his footwork and ability to anchor and he's a plus getting into 2nd level on run plays. He keeps his head on a swivel and looks for 2nd block to LB/S. He'll pancake the heck out of a def. if given the chance.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion
Helluva reach on Beavers in 2nd round. I can't see how with the comp pick involved you have him being taken almost 40 picks later.

They will get the 96th pick, I can't see it not being the highest comp pick. I haven't read anywhere that Revis or Maxwell would be first.

Edit: I saw your explanation with Blue...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never reaches. The beaver comes to him.

487493_o.gif

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions better be looking at CB in the first round. This opportunity won't present itself too often. There are at least 5 of them slated to go in the first round. The Lions should get a guy to compliment Slay and build from there.

William Jackson III is the guy they should target. He's 6'2, geeat in coverage, led the nation in breaking up passes (23) and creates turnovers.

Eli Apple and Mackensie wouldn't be bad either.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy AAU meet really hyped up Jackson, imo. you might want to take a real good look at his game film and not just highlights. he's made a lot of splash play but...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Kendall Fuller. Been on him for a couple years. I read he worked his way back into the mix after a solid combine. I loved his film from two years ago. Him playing on a bad knee for a few games early last year showed.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMO, so don't pay much attention and all these CFB CB's have bad plays or even games. Jackson has great catch up ability to close once he's released wr. He's so much better in man "press' and needs to play that in order to be successful as he's extremely physical. He does have great tendencies to bite on head fakes and shoulder leans by the WR. He'll get lost on explosive/burst moves inside/outside and it's his speed that gets him back in hip pocket.

watch this at 17 second mark and stop tape at 23 second mark as he's playing off coverage and the WR head fake goes inside but WR plants/cuts to outside (up/out) and this is the type of speed he'll see in NFL and he's clearly behind by 5 yards. He gets the double head/shoulder fake by WR once Jackson comes up to attempt the tackle. It's a poor angle from camera.

That hit by him with crown at 1:29 mark won't make him last long in NFL. He's not afraid to lay a hit and is in extremely active in run support. He released from his WR and diagnosed the run quickly.

At the 1:52 mark (bottom screen) he's on press, gets driven back by a dig/comeback but he's right there to wrap up. He's very good at driving uphill to make a punishing tackle.

At the 2:20 mark (top of screen) in off coverage, he allows the WR to come downhill towards him and reads correct break on the comeback to PBU.

At the 2:35 mark (bottom screen) he's in press, the WR releases to his outside, (tv angle is very poor here) stop at the 2:41 mark, he's 4 yds. behind as the WR broke inside and had McGuire not underthrown the ball that's a quick six but Jackson gets the INT at the 30 yd line with great body control. You can see he hesitates at 2:54 mark and the WR is just beginning his inside break.

He has the height/weight/long arms measurables and speed to play, including a plus hitter, but there's so much to be developed to be a #16 pick yet alone top 31. All of his combine #'s are pushing him up the ladder even though there has been talk prior about him as 2nd round worthy

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMO, so don't pay much attention and all these CFB CB's have bad plays or even games. Jackson has great catch up ability to close once he's released wr. He's so much better in man "press' and needs to play that in order to be successful as he's extremely physical. He does have great tendencies to bite on head fakes and shoulder leans by the WR. He'll get lost on explosive/burst moves inside/outside and it's his speed that gets him back in hip pocket.

watch this at 17 second mark and stop tape at 23 second mark as he's playing off coverage and the WR head fake goes inside but WR plants/cuts to outside (up/out) and this is the type of speed he'll see in NFL and he's clearly behind by 5 yards. He gets the double head/shoulder fake by WR once Jackson comes up to attempt the tackle. It's a poor angle from camera.

That hit by him with crown at 1:29 mark won't make him last long in NFL. He's not afraid to lay a hit and is in extremely active in run support. He released from his WR and diagnosed the run quickly.

At the 1:52 mark (bottom screen) he's on press, gets driven back by a dig/comeback but he's right there to wrap up. He's very good at driving uphill to make a punishing tackle.

At the 2:20 mark (top of screen) in off coverage, he allows the WR to come downhill towards him and reads correct break on the comeback to PBU.

At the 2:35 mark (bottom screen) he's in press, the WR releases to his outside, (tv angle is very poor here) stop at the 2:41 mark, he's 4 yds. behind as the WR broke inside and had McGuire not underthrown the ball that's a quick six but Jackson gets the INT at the 30 yd line with great body control. You can see he hesitates at 2:54 mark and the WR is just beginning his inside break.

He has the height/weight/long arms measurables and speed to play, including a plus hitter, but there's so much to be developed to be a #16 pick yet alone top 31. All of his combine #'s are pushing him up the ladder even though there has been talk prior about him as 2nd round worthy

MAYBE second round. I'd let someone else take a shot on him. He was getting boned by Rudolph on the outside who might be AT BEST, a good slot receiver in the NFL. Also, those Int's were gifts from a trash QB.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd MUCH rather take a shot on this guy in the 2nd round. Flat out play maker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked and can't find it. It might have even been a BR article which normally means nothing.

Spoke of him being a early second, late first guy. Blue, ya know I don't spend much time with a CBs. I leave that to y'all.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions better be looking at CB in the first round. This opportunity won't present itself too often. There are at least 5 of them slated to go in the first round. The Lions should get a guy to compliment Slay and build from there.

William Jackson III is the guy they should target. He's 6'2, geeat in coverage, led the nation in breaking up passes (23) and creates turnovers.

Eli Apple and Mackensie wouldn't be bad either.

I still like Kendall Fuller. Been on him for a couple years. I read he worked his way back into the mix after a solid combine. I loved his film from two years ago. Him playing on a bad knee for a few games early last year showed.

MAYBE second round. I'd let someone else take a shot on him. He was getting boned by Rudolph on the outside who might be AT BEST, a good slot receiver in the NFL. Also, those Int's were gifts from a trash QB.

Same here. Like what I see, but no way in the first round. He still needs some work. I do like his hip flip and speed and nose for the ball. I dont like how he lowers his head for tackles and he gets lost in zone sometimes.