• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2023 Free Agency

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have 14 million in cap space wehen you remove rookie holds. I wish they would use 8ish of it on Bobby Wagner. That leaves 2 phases of the defense improved in FA and the draft to improve the 3rd. Lions can't neglect LB forever.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Holmes mentioning he would take back up qb more seriously was a lie. Sudfield resigning is wasted money leaving a real risk on the roster.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Holmes mentioning he would take back up qb more seriously was a lie. Sudfield resigning is wasted money leaving a real risk on the roster.
I am starting to hate this kid almost as much as Dan Orlovsky.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Holmes for pinpointing our biggest need (by a mile) and attacking it. Signing three CB's was necessary. We had the worst CB room in the league by a wide margin. Now it's better. However, since 2 of the 3 signees are just 1-year deals, CB is still a need for the near future.

We need a QB and we need a WR. Both are still available on the market.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Holmes for pinpointing our biggest need (by a mile) and attacking it. Signing three CB's was necessary. We had the worst CB room in the league by a wide margin. Now it's better. However, since 2 of the 3 signees are just 1-year deals, CB is still a need for the near future.

We need a QB and we need a WR. Both are still available on the market.
Another LB too.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes stated in his interview they "set aside a certain amount of money" for Jamaal Williams. And when they couldn't get a contract done and Montgomery became available "within that same amount they had set aside" they moved on.

Reading between the lines they offered Williams 6+ million a year and he claimed is was disrespectful. It remains to be seen if David Montgomery is a downgrade strictly from a short yardage and goalline situation. But I think he was a large upgrade as an everydown back, which Williams kind of stepped into by default last season. Feels like we dodged a bullet not signing pokemon for big money for 3 years.

And every article I read always calls Williams a fan favorite. Why did writers think they can just make that shit up.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes stated in his interview they "set aside a certain amount of money" for Jamaal Williams. And when they couldn't get a contract done and Montgomery became available "within that same amount they had set aside" they moved on.

Reading between the lines they offered Williams 6+ million a year and he claimed is was disrespectful. It remains to be seen if David Montgomery is a downgrade strictly from a short yardage and goalline situation. But I think he was a large upgrade as an everydown back, which Williams kind of stepped into by default last season. Feels like we dodged a bullet not signing pokemon for big money for 3 years.

And every article I read always calls Williams a fan favorite. Why did writers think they can just make that shit up.
Montgomery is better than Williams across the board. Touchdowns are not really a repeatable stat, so many factors are out of the control of the player. Lions got tackled on the 1 yard line a LOT. and Williams benefited. We won't see 17 TD's again, but I am happy to give them up to combine his missed tackle rate with out awesome Oline. Results should be great.

Williams as a fan favorite is completely accurate however. It started with Hardknocks and continued well into the season. Williams has a ton of supporters, but Holmes made the correct call.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones returns to the D. 1- yr. deal.

He's not Chark, but a nice vet signing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones returns to the D. 1- yr. deal.

He's not Chark, but a nice vet signing.
Nice bargain too. Even at 33 he is probably still better than Josh Reynolds. WR definitely needed some veteran depth.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice bargain too. Even at 33 he is probably still better than Josh Reynolds. WR definitely needed some veteran depth.
Best Jump Ball, wr on the roster. Adds a solid element to the offense.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penisini is no longer retired, but we waived he rights before he did. Strange call. We need DT, why let a quality run stopper be free when we had his rights?

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is April fools, so anything reported today I will triple confirm
D'oh, I did not think about that! Please let it be a joke

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is April fools, so anything reported today I will triple confirm
It was an April fool's joke. How bad is Cam that he he become a heart stopping joke to fan bases