• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2021 off-season FA. Something for nothing or nothing at all ?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm having brain fog with trying to recall who the heck is Larson.

If you dare meant to say Nevin Lawson then take yourself to the corner for 15 minutes.

Kearse, the Safety, is a possibility of who you are referring to ?
Sorry, that was Kearse I meant to say. Lawson was never a safety.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Decker is appreciative after Lions listened to his plea to retain Hank Fraley - Pride Of Detroit

When the 2020 season ended, Detroit Lions left tackle Taylor Decker spoke to the local media
about wanting to have a meeting with team president Rod Wood to give his input and discuss the future of the franchise.

“I’m not going to overstep, but I’m going to go and have conversations—probably here in an hour or two—I’m going to see if Rod is available,” Decker said in January. “I’m going to talk to Rod and just give my opinion, because I am invested in this team, and there are people that, if it were up to me, I’d want to keep. That’s not my decision to make, but over the past five years, I feel like I’ve put a lot into this organization, given what I can. So if I can just put a word in for a player or a coach, I’ll do it.”

Today, Decker confirmed that he did indeed get to have a meeting with Lions management and noted: “I felt like my words were taken very seriously and that was awesome to see.” Decker also revealed that during that meeting, one of the individuals he specifically asked Lions’ management to consider keeping was offensive line coach Hank Fraley.

“One thing I flat out asked for was to give Hank an opportunity to interview for the (offensive line coach) job,” Decker said. “Don’t just clean house, because I think he does a really great job. I think he has a really great understanding of the game. Studies the hell out of everything and all the defenses. And I think his approach with delivering information and new techniques is fantastic because he played the game for 11 years. He’s good for the room—a lot of young guys in the room—and I think he's done a really good job.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get that future RT and RG this year so Fraley gets the opportunity to make this Lions OL the best it's ever been. It doesn't matter where they select either of those positions as they'll know more than us fans which prospect appears ready now or by the time time 2022 reg season starts (stated the latter season so we can dump Vaitai by next new league year).

Finish the offense this YEAR.
and get 3 more picks somewhere, somehow without sacrificing value
any order that is the correct value at that draft slot No.

RT
WR1
Slot WR
RG (forget Stenberg for now as this team is needs another OG for depth and ready to start if an injury occurs)

Starting S and slot/nickel CB somewhere along the line
LB - coverage

WR2 - but not a necessity this year

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? Maybe ? Glenn and Pleasant can get this kid right. and not until after the draft.

Best remaining 2021 NFL free agents: Reported visits/interest, team fits and updated contract projections | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

17. CB GAREON CONLEY

Reported Visits/Interest: Browns

Team Fits: Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Saints

A former first-round pick, Conley has had his ups and downs, grading out at 64.5 and 64.0 in his two full NFL seasons. He missed all of the 2020 campaign. Conley is better in man coverage, as he’s graded in the 69th percentile in single coverage compared to just the 37th percentile in zone since entering the league. He’s also forced incompletions on 22.2% of his targets, the second-best rate in the NFL since 2017. Conley is worth a look in a man-heavy system.

Contract Analysis: The former 2017 first-round pick of the then-Oakland Raiders was traded to the Houston Texans for a third-round pick after just two seasons. Conley is a perfect candidate to be 2021’s Ronald Darby, as he profiles similarly — and that’s what his selling point should be to potential suitors.

Updated Contract Projection: One year, $1.75 million

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best remaining 2021 NFL free agents: Reported visits/interest, team fits and updated contract projections | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

20. DI JURRELL CASEY

Reported Visits/Interest: N/A

Team Fits: Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, Chargers, Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Raiders, Titans, Vikings

Limited to just 156 snaps in 2020, Casey kept his streak alive of never grading below 70.0 overall, highlighting how he’s been consistently good since entering the NFL in 2011. Casey had five straight years with 50-plus pressures from 2013 to 2019, but his pass-rush production has slowed a bit in recent years. He’s still a plus run defender who should still be on many teams' radars.

Contract Analysis: The Broncos acquired Casey for a seventh-round pick before the 2020 season, but he missed the majority of the year to injury. Casey’s 2021 salary was slated to be $11,874,750, with $0 dead money on a release. There’s no reason to think he can’t be a productive player going forward; this move was more about the financial implications. He should still have a handful of suitors and can provide good value as a run-stuffing 3-technique who will generate the occasional quarterback pressure.

Updated Contract Projection: One year, $4.5 million (up to $6.5 million)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

not 4.5M per and certainly not until the mid-July timeframe passes so as not to undermine comp picks for next year but if it was only a one year offer that wouldn't have any effect on comp picks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just in case the draft doesn't get us LBx2 a possibility

36. LB B.J. GOODSON

Reported Visits/Interest: N/A

Team Fits: Lions, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Rams

Goodson played a career-high 937 snaps in 2020, and his 66.0 overall grade ranked 24th among NFL linebackers. He was best suited for an early-down run-stopping role in his first few years, but he rounded out his game with a career-high 66.1 coverage grade to go with four pass breakups last season. The rest of Goodson’s career suggests that a limited role is still the best bet for his production, but he’s a sure tackler and a solid overall player who should get a look from teams still in need of linebacker help.

Contract Analysis: The Browns were missing many of their defensive players, particularly on the back end, for much of the 2020 season, but Goodson was ever-present and relatively solid throughout their march to the playoffs. A strong performance against the Steelers in the wild-card round was followed by a tough outing against the speedy Chiefs, but Goodson proved he can handle a larger workload if it becomes necessary.

Updated Contract Projection: One year, $2.5 million

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sitting at currently slightly over 22M in cap space this is a no brainer

Lions pick up fifth-year option on center Frank Ragnow (usatoday.com)

Based on the NFL’s salary structure for the option, Ragnow will earn $12.657 million guaranteed for the 2022 season. The option does not prevent the two sides from working out a long-term extension before that time.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Hunter Bryant clears waivers, returns to Lions reserve/NFI list - Pride Of Detroit

It turns out tight end Hunter Bryant may not be going anywhere. A day after the Detroit Lions waived him with a non-football injury designation, the young tight end has cleared waivers and reverted back to the Lions’ reserve/non-football injury list, per the NFL’s transaction list.

Typically we see players moved to the active/non-football injury (NFI) list prior to training camp if the player is not ready to practice. If the player is still not ready to play by the beginning of the season, they are moved to the reserve/non-football injury list. That means the player would have to miss, at least, the first six games of the NFL season while the player heals.

In this case, Bryant will stay on the Lions roster, but won’t count against the team’s 90-man limit at this point in the offseason. His base salary will also not count against the cap.

It’s unclear because this is an uncommon case, but I believe it also means Bryant’s injury is serious enough where the Lions have already decided to shelve him for at least the first six games of the 2021 season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had assumed the date was mid-July but my assumption is wrong, again

Now that the 2021 NFL draft is over, many of the veteran players who are still without a team expect to start signing on with new clubs. And the NFL calendar offers teams more of an incentive to sign those players after 4 p.m. on Monday.

Veterans who sign with teams prior to 4 p.m. on Monday, May 3rd still count against the compensatory draft pick formulation. That negative stigma and impact goes away once the clock strikes four on Monday.

For a team like the Lions, who is in line to receive several comp picks, it eases the potential burden of losing compensatory draft capital in the 2022 NFL draft.

Among the free agents who could benefit and potentially sign with the Lions after the deadline:

• Malik Hooker, safety
  • K.J. Wright, linebacker
  • Tre Boston, safety

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's tPaul

we're

See the source image

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Josh Hill's time was short-lived

Obviously the reason why Holmes is kickin' tires on TE's

That leaves the Lions woefully thin at the tight end position as of right now. Detroit only has T.J. Hockenson, Alize Mack, Hunter Thedford, Jake Hausmann and Brock Wright currently signed to the roster. Of those five tight ends, only Hockenson has played a single snap of NFL football

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Former running backs coach Kyle Caskey deemed Johnson the best pass-blocking back he’s ever worked with.

Which makes this waiving somewhat surprising in the grand scheme of things. New running backs coach Duce Staley has already mentioned how pass protecting is essential to the position, and Johnson was clearly the best player they had in that aspect of the game. However, the addition of Jamaal Williams in free agency plus the drafting of Jermar Jefferson in the seventh round may have made his spot on the roster more expendable than it appeared.

Johnson, in the final year of his rookie contract, was due to make $2.07 million this season and will leave behind a $700,000 cap hit, and freeing up $1.37 million in new cap space.

See the source image

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3