• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to suck when he leaves.

I like Trufant but nowhere near as much as Slay.

Its a fair swap. Lions will get a draft pick and decent CB for Slay. Slay will get his big payday. I am hoping Amani takes the next step this year and we will be in good shape in the secondary. Font 7 still has a lot of holes though. Actually more holes than not, LOL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fair swap.

not from my old eyeballs it isn't a fair swap.

however, my eyeball tests have been quite sporadic over the last 64 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Amani takes the next step this year and we will be in good shape in the secondary.

When we draft Okudah and have Trufant as the new CB1 that'll limit the growth of Oruwariye. imo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we draft Okudah and have Trufant as the new CB1 that'll limit the growth of Oruwariye. imo.

If we dont find some more LBs, then all these DBs will be on the field full time. I am not sure Okudah will start year 1. Coleman could be moved over but I would rather Amani be the CB2 right away and let Coleman stay at slot.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you completely bypassed my sarcasm.

wait until after the draft is completed.

Your doom and gloom will be more warranted.
Lions signed CB Desmond Trufant, formerly of the Falcons, to a two-year, $21 million contract.

Detroit has steadily been revamping its defense, as Trufant joins Danny Shelton, Jamie Collins, Duron Harmon, and Nick Williams as new additions for the Lions. Trufant's best days are definitely behind him at 30 years old later this year, but he can still get the job done even if he's no longer a true No. 1 cover man. The Lions could try to continue to shop top cover man Darius Slay after Trufant's arrival.

Wasn't that guy good before? How come the Falcons let him go?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't find some more LBs, then all these DBs will be on the field full time

All "media reports" throughout last season were stating they liked their LB corps.

I mean why the hell do you give Christian Jones a 3 year extension when he's not good at LB position.

The problem with that thinking of, "we need to find some LB's", is BQ/MP have different opinions on their type of LB that fits the system than we fans want or believe would be a fit in this scheme.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that guy good before? How come the Falcons let him go?

you answered that yourself when you used the word "wasn't" (past tense).

Plus, the falcons were in cap hell to boot.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A'shawn will be a good fit next to Donald. Happy for him. He should have success in that situation.

For sure.
Donald will get up the field, rushing the passer.
A'Shawn will be back at the line of scrimmage playing pattycakes with the other O-lineman.
If the QB escapes Donald and tries to make a run for it. He will run into A'shawn.
Dynamic duo indeed.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN ranked least favorite moves so far. Vaitai and Collins contracts both ranked worse than the Hopkins trade....

I don't like Quinn, I think he's an ass clown and Patricia is a fat slob that will probably never be a head coach again after we finally fire him....that said, the Hopkins trade is still worse than BQ's brain fart moves.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE: Here are the terms of the Duron trade:

Coincidentally, the fifth-round pick the Lions are sending to the Patriots was the pick they acquired by trading Quandre Diggs. So if it makes you feel better, the Lions essentially traded Diggs for Harmon and swapped a 2021 seventh-round pick for a 2020 seventh-round pick.

The Lions have also officially announced this trade, pending a physical.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think BQ is going to give Harmon some type of extension even if it's only for 2 years with more money this year than his reported base/cap hit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Lions signing former Vikings safety Jayron Kearse

Kearse, a former seventh-round pick out of Clemson, has been with the Vikings his entire four-year NFL career. He has mostly been a special teamer for Minnesota, leading the team with 18 special teams tackles in 2018. He continued to be a force there in 2019.

However, Kearse comes with some baggage and a potential looming suspension. Last October, he was arrested after failing a sobriety test while in possession of a pistol without a permit. In February, he pleaded guilty to fourth-degree driving while intoxicated and possessions of a piston without a permit. He was sentenced to probation and community service, but there is an expectation that Kearse will still see some discipline from the league.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal for 2.75M for a ST players who likes to drink alcohol and carry/possess a gun illegally at the same time.

You can't make this shit up.

I thought BQ was staying away from these types.

Obviously not.

Fucking clowns.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This day just gets worse.