• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2015 FA Tracker.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll counter that I'm not the one constantly second-guessing our GM as if I know better than he does.

Fair enough, I'll redirect and ask why does it make that person wrong to second guess him but his actions right simply because he's the GM?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'll redirect and ask why does it make that person wrong to second guess him but his actions right simply because he's the GM?
Nobody is wrong to second guess him, but we've gotten to the point where some think every move he makes is wrong, and they'll tear apart every decision he makes, which seems pretty ridiculous from my end.

Since we have this nice Q and A going, why is it that it's 100% A-OK to voice an inflammatory opinion, as long as it's negative towards the team, but my inflammatory opinions get so much shit because I'm not ridiculously negative?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is wrong to second guess him, but we've gotten to the point where some think every move he makes is wrong, and they'll tear apart every decision he makes, which seems pretty ridiculous from my end.

Since we have this nice Q and A going, why is it that it's 100% A-OK to voice an inflammatory opinion, as long as it's negative towards the team, but my inflammatory opinions get so much shit because I'm not ridiculously negative?

No one says EVERY move he makes is bad. Just the majority of them.

It's always this time of the year board wars start between the pessimists and the optimists.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one says EVERY move he makes is bad. Just the majority of them.

It's always this time of the year board wars start between the pessimists and the optimists.
This is true.

It was the same way last year when we were going to suck balls and finish with a top-5 draft pick because of the moves we did and/or didn't make during the offseason...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.

It was the same way last year when we were going to suck balls and finish with a top-5 draft pick because of the moves we did and/or didn't make during the offseason...

And you wouldn't let me or others peacefully have that opinion. Kind of my point.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's actually a very good question, and a very easy one to answer........because what you are calling your inflammatory opinions are directed at other posters on the board and not necessarily at what they actually said.

I make inflammatory posts with my opinions being negative in many of the posts I make. That doesn't make me any less a fan, nor does it make me incorrect, nor should it anyone else. You actually answered your own question in the very question that you ask. See that word OPINION you used, how can someones opinion be wrong?

The problem is that when you read mine or someone else's post you direct a rebuttal at that poster but not why you see it differently. You make statements that they lack common sense, have baseless reasoning, haven't done the research, etc. That's the difference, people are going to take that personally.

There is NO question that the tables have been turned on you in the past where a simply opinion you offered drew responses that were personal and not topic based. If I got that shit from someone you can guarantee I am going to hit back hard, and you have every right to do the same. The thing I don't think you see however is that you are the one often throwing the first punch.

And so there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding here let me be clear there doesn't need to be anyone quoting or responding to this message other than TP if he wants. If that needs more clarity try this.......TrustMe, keep your fucking mouth shut since this response would be the same if you had ask the question.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll counter that I'm not the one constantly second-guessing our GM as if I know better than he does.

That is sports, plain and simple. For many years to come, many Seattle fans will question PC on running and not passing. Part of the game for fans.

I look at it as many judge his moves on liking it or not. Not that they will always do or know better.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you wouldn't let me or others peacefully have that opinion. Kind of my point.
Neither you nor the others in question were being the least bit peaceable about any of your opinions at the time. I seem to recall a handful of you guys laughing at us "rainbow" crew for thinking we'd do well. We were told what dumb asses we were, and so on.

Yet now that the season is over, and we did well, you're singing a much different tune. Kind of like how you're picking fights over Suh right and left, then several posts later act like we're picking on you.

We're all bummed about losing Suh, gotta trust me on that one. We all know what a beast he was.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually a very good question, and a very easy one to answer........because what you are calling your inflammatory opinions are directed at other posters on the board and not necessarily at what they actually said.

I make inflammatory posts with my opinions being negative in many of the posts I make. That doesn't make me any less a fan, nor does it make me incorrect, nor should it anyone else. You actually answered your own question in the very question that you ask. See that word OPINION you used, how can someones opinion be wrong?

The problem is that when you read mine or someone else's post you direct a rebuttal at that poster but not why you see it differently. You make statements that they lack common sense, have baseless reasoning, haven't done the research, etc. That's the difference, people are going to take that personally.

There is NO question that the tables have been turned on you in the past where a simply opinion you offered drew responses that were personal and not topic based. If I got that shit from someone you can guarantee I am going to hit back hard, and you have every right to do the same. The thing I don't think you see however is that you are the one often throwing the first punch.

And so there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding here let me be clear there doesn't need to be anyone quoting or responding to this message other than TP if he wants. If that needs more clarity try this.......TrustMe, keep your fucking mouth shut since this response would be the same if you had ask the question.
It makes you a big douchebag. What do you have to say about that, Tom Arnold?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you a big douchebag. What do you have to say about that, Tom Arnold?

Cmon now with the name calling. No one should be called a Tom Arnold. Thats over the line.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now with the name calling. No one should be called a Tom Arnold. Thats over the line.
One can when one looks like him. ;)

He actually reminds me more of this guy:

7F8838E4-AEED-41D8-A1E3-1993B575ED03-511-0000002497DE1A8A.jpg

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yeah. To hell with analyzing every single snap- it makes way more sense to form a judgment on a bad play or two that stand out, because that's what people remember.

Post like this crack me up. You're basically saying your "expertise" trumps that of a whole company who does nothing but run tape of every snap all year long.

How is it that several of you aren't NFL GMs with this great wealth of knowledge you all feel that you possess?
So you're saying that Dom was excellent, except for 2-3 bad plays per game? LMAO And as far as PFF, I think that rating shows they don't know shit. By the way, I played and coached football my whole life. Guess what? Pro Football Focus is an English company founded in England by Neil Hornsby. Guess who has never played football or coached in his life? Neil Hornsby. Chances are the other bloaks didn't either since the British Youth Football Organization just started up in 2007. They play Soccer and Cricket over there. So, yes I do believe myself and probably most of the guys on this board have a higher level of expertise than PFF...and I think them saying Dom was excellent pretty much confirms it.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even funnier is they ranked him the 37th best center last year. So in one year he went from excellent to 37th. So when Linehan was there and every pass was a 3 step drop or quick dump off, Dom was excellent(0 sacks allowed.) But when they change the offense and try to go for slower developing deeper patterns...Dom sucks. Well maybe Linehan knew what all of us except T-Paul knows...and that is Dom was fucking terrible.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like how you're reacting to everything these days. Any mention of anything positive Lions related, whoever is stating it, you come back with some trolling, pessimistic, world is coming to an end bs. And that's your prerogative to act that way. But I distinctly remember after your hiatus recently, you came back and said you were done with the drama(I won't mention one of your first threads about Nemo's though). Yet here you are, waist deep in the shit. So you'll have to forgive anyone that doesn't let you "peacefully" have your opinion. It's not like the majority of this board hasn't seen your reactions since Suh left.

I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears(blind eyes?), but it just might be a reason why your OPINIONS aren't treated peacefully.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro Football Focus is an English company founded in England by Neil Hornsby. Guess who has never played football or coached in his life? Neil Hornsby. Chances are the other bloaks didn't either since the British Youth Football Organization just started up in 2007. They play Soccer and Cricket over there.
Ehh, he has been an NFL fan his entire life. Just b/c he lives in the UK doesnt mean he didn't watch football, it just means it wasn't as accessible there as it is here. He started this thing back in '04 and now, NFL teams, as well as agents(for contract purposes) all contact him to get info from him. I think that says tons about how efficient his ratings are.

Now, I do believe these ratings are simply year to year. And my money is on the fact that Dom would rate near the bottom of the barrel for most of the years they rated him. But it just so happens, that '13 was the year Dom decided to FINALLY bulk up and he happened to have his best career year, according to PFF. Was it Lombardi's system that brought him back to the shit heap that he is? I'd say it played a part. But, I'm glad he's finally gone, even if he gave us a good year in 2013.

I think PFF serves a great purpose. I mean, they have guys watching every snap on every player of every game. That's fucking insane. Doesn't mean they are correct in everything, but I think their ratings are probably on par with how each player had done in that ONE year, imo of course.